ScottCM

Don't know which is worse, dishes or the laundry... 

Cleaning the house is worse...

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am hearing postponed to November 15 for Comerades.... anyone else heard this?

Haven't heard anything. Only heard they say it can't be to late in the year. But I think everyone is waiting anxiously for the announcement.

Haven't heard anything. Only heard they say it can't be to late in the year. But I think everyone is waiting anxiously for the announcement.

Definitely wouldn't be in November. Far too hot. The latest they would have it is September

https://m.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Athletics/confirmed-comrades-marathon-postponed-no-new-date-yet-20200417

“The Comrades Marathon is therefore postponed from 14 June to a suitable date that will be determined between ASA, KZN Athletics and the Comrades Marathon Association as soon as conditions around the management of the virus allow us to under the guidance of the Government.”

Edited by Pieter-za

Sooooo... When is Comrades going to chat to us lot?

Our club chairman got notified by CMA that they will make an announcement on the 30th of April

Our club chairman got notified by CMA that they will make an announcement on the 30th of April

Its actually quit funny. They keep on postponing it. I bet by the 30th they will just say that they are agreeing with ASA and everyone must just wait until they decide

Well done again to CMA for not overreacting and canceling the event.

My bookings are all canceled, I will rebook if a new date is announced. Im still training. No worries. Not going to break my head about this.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the postponed date is after the regular period for pre entries. Except a lot of moaning.

Politics going on behind the scenes I'm sure. ASA want to throw their weight around (probably substantial non athletic weight) and call the shots.

If you're bored you can watch the 50km world treadmill record that happened yesterday... About as boring as running it!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=222256715754933&id=184041215345

Some alternatives for you to watch:

(My entertainment for the weekend, in between some Zwift cycling sessions and a garden run)

https://www.runstore.co.za/2020/04/run-recommended-top-youtube-movies-to-keep-the-running-stoke-alive/

Well done again to CMA for not overreacting and canceling the event.

My bookings are all canceled, I will rebook if a new date is announced. Im still training. No worries. Not going to break my head about this.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the postponed date is after the regular period for pre entries. Except a lot of moaning.

Agreed. I see a lot of folk on various platforms ranting that the event should just be cancelled. If those are their thoughts then so be it. Make the decision and move on. No need to keep on complaining if you're not intending on partaking.

The event might be able to take place at a later stage or it might not. Just like the other major events like Boston and London, that have been postponed.

Agreed. I see a lot of folk on various platforms ranting that the event should just be cancelled. If those are their thoughts then so be it. Make the decision and move on. No need to keep on complaining if you're not intending on partaking.

The event might be able to take place at a later stage or it might not. Just like the other major events like Boston and London, that have been postponed.

For some reason the pro cancellation runners think they are the spokesperson for all runners. Like you said, just move on.