ScottCM

Does anybody have any tricks to stop your HR starp chaffing you or do you have to upgrade?

Ifind if mine is not tight enough then it does it .

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I started running I watched the Comrades on tv and thought that its quite a far way to run. Now I think its bloody insane.

You are absolutely right, all Comrades runners are insane :clap: (We are always looking for new members)  The green number and double green number guys are a special kind of crazy. One of my club mates is super excited that from this year onwards his Comrades entries is free.... (That is for Comrades runners that completed more than 25) And all I was thinking is WTF, seriously WTF. 

I love my running, and I will probably run Comrades for the next 6 years, but I don't see myself getting to number 20. I will never stop running. I can see myself as that old RAC lady still running at 80 and beating 20-year-olds.

I guess Comrades becomes a habit, that is just what you do on weekends from January to end of May... you train for Comrades. I truly think some people have an unhealthy obsession with it. 

I guess Comrades becomes a habit, that is just what you do on weekends from January to end of May... you train for Comrades. I truly think some people have an unhealthy obsession with it. 

Agree there... You will NOT believe the amount of people who continuously ask me when I'm going to run it. When I say "not interested at all", it's like I stamped on a butterfly. 

And yet everybody says "But you have to do it". It's really as if people don't realise there's other things to running. Until you've done Comrades, you're not counted? Then so be it.

I seriously cannot see the sense in running on a stretch of tar for that long. 

Agree there... You will NOT believe the amount of people who continuously ask me when I'm going to run it. When I say "not interested at all", it's like I stamped on a butterfly. 

And yet everybody says "But you have to do it". It's really as if people don't realise there's other things to running. Until you've done Comrades, you're not counted? Then so be it.

I seriously cannot see the sense in running on a stretch of tar for that long. 

+1000000000000000000

People always like when you running comrades, reply with 'Never' and they look at you like you are broken.

My 2c, once you have prperly run in the berg, or on the wartrail/skyrun route or topped the iron crown or anything like that. You won't want to run through a boring street on tar with thousends of people around you. Give me a CP up at Avoca with no one else in sight or the 160km of flowing trails coming up this weekend...

Seems like there is a bug in the Comrades site. Entries are over 20100 and people are still entering

Crazy, 20,000 entries gone in 20 days...

Between injuries and not qualifying what is the fall out % more or less. How many of the 20 000 will line up in Pmb?

Between injuries and not qualifying what is the fall out % more or less. How many of the 20 000 will line up in Pmb?

The starting figure for this year was 16,000 something.   I know you can see it somewhere.

Considering the traffic jam that was between Durban-Pmb this year (our seconds not making it in time to Camperdown, stuck on the highway) there might even be people not making it to the start whilst sitting on the highway there..  :blink:

Edit: There were 13852 finishers of 17098 starters according to current timing data (more on this later) i.e. roughly 81% of starters finished.

Check the rest of his Comrades states and graphs, amazingly interesting stuff.   Great job!

Edited by Jackes

Always easy to get an entry closer to the time. Lots and lots of people realise that they didn't jump on the train early enough when it comes to training and throw in the towel

For my first Comrades, I got a substitute. Only decided after OMTOM I guess I can give it a try. There will definitely be lots of entries available in the substitution period.