ScottCM

Remind me why we need shoes with Zoom, Boost, DNA midsoles or any other expensive tech...

Because I'm not Alan Robb ????, I'm just another mid-packer and I'll gratefully take any assistance I can get.

I love reading the history of the Comrades, especially in those first few decades, when guys would stop on the side of the road for a sandwich or pull into a hotel and order lunch and still run Silver to Bill Rowan times.

Edited by Barry Stuart

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me why we need shoes with Zoom, Boost, DNA midsoles or any other expensive tech...????

Besides being a machine I suspect it was those red socks...... he always wore red socks

Because I'm not Alan Robb ????, I'm just another mid-packer and I'll gratefully take any assistance I can get.

I love reading the history of the Comrades, especially in those first few decades, when guys would stop on the side of the road for a sandwich or pull into a hotel and order lunch and still run Silver to Bill Rowan times.

Didn’t Wally run and win in boots at some stage of his early winning days?

I spoke to the developer of the Mr Price shoes a while back. The runners demanded something that they wont be aware of while running, no gimmicks whatsoever. Just a superlight well constructed shoe.

Didn’t Wally run and win in boots at some stage of his early winning days?

That reminds me of the time I was out for a jog and some person's dog escaped onto the road. The gardener that worked there came running out the driveway and I set off with him to try retrieve three hound. We chased that thing for close to a kay and when I glanced at my watch we were running in the low 3 minutes. The difference was I was in R3,000 worth of running gear and the gardener, who was matching me stride for stride, was in full overalls and gumboots.

Edited by Barry Stuart

Man. A month before the marathon and I fall on some rocks and bust my knee. Hop it heels this week so that I can still do some tapering.

Man. A month before the marathon and I fall on some rocks and bust my knee. Hop it heels this week so that I can still do some tapering.

One thing Ive learned from running is that nothing ever goes according to plan. Good luck, the rest will do you good.

One thing Ive learned from running is that nothing ever goes according to plan. Good luck, the rest will do you good.

Yea man, I have come to learn that with this training plan. I’m sure I’ll be okay on the day tho.

Am I the only one stressing about the Qualifier next month. :eek: .

I just want to get into the B-Batch again. That's a lekker batch, seeing that you end up in A before the race starts, so I can also brag I was in A batch for Comrades. :clap:  :thumbup:

Am I the only one stressing about the Qualifier next month. :eek: .

Im also planning on doing a qualifying and my first marathon next month. Stressing is an understatement.

Not at all..  I have kinda made peace that I will have to skip it and qualify next year and rather try and sort this itb that keeps on surfacing out.

But I my plan b is to keep an eye on the progress and if it does, to still go do a qualifier (underprepared) without any crazy time aspirations.   Deep down I think I know what is going to happen and I hope should it, that I won't regret it...

I just want to get into the B-Batch again. That's a lekker batch, seeing that you end up in A before the race starts, so I can also brag I was in A batch for Comrades. :clap:  :thumbup:

I'm not stressing to qualify as that has been sorted already. What I'm trying to figure out is why my legs are feeling lethargic despite doing a long taper ahead of the Soweto Marathon.

Not at all..  I have kinda made peace that I will have to skip it and qualify next year and rather try and sort this itb that keeps on surfacing out.

Don't worry, I'm in the boat with you unfortunately