ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only advice I got for omtom was take it very easy down chappies into hout bay else you will have no legs for the last 15

Nothing wrong with walking constantia Nek...I walked the entire thing... But if you gonna walk... Walk fast!

Edited by Stretch

The only advice I got for omtom was take it very easy down chappies into hout bay else you will have no legs for the last 15

Nothing wrong with walking constantia Nek...I walked the entire thing... But if you gonna walk... Walk fast!

And to add to that... don't walk 10 abreast! That was my biggest gripe with the entire event. The bits I could/did run up there, I spend more time zig-zagging between people that I lost a bit of my sense of humor. Some walk left, some right, some groups fill up the entire road.

I have done it once... It is a gruesome route, but excellent training. Be careful of injuries, take it as a training run. It really hurts... especially the downhills. 

Jip, this a training run for Hobbit. Strangely I am more nervous for the training run than the actual event

So who's doing the Sunrise Monster next weekend?

Slightly nervous, never done it before.

My wife and I will be there. We did it last year as a training run and will do the same this year again. So we will try to come in at about 3h. Very lekker run (well, according to me).

Anyone else doing Maritzburg on the weekend? Slightly different course to last year but it looks like it still has that fantastic 6km downhill finish. It's a double lapper but it's still the most enjoyable marathon I've run so far.

post-63043-0-09652800-1519128187_thumb.png

Edited by Barry Stuart

Anyone else doing Maritzburg on the weekend? Slightly different course to last year but it looks like it still has that fantastic 6km downhill finish. It's a double lapper but it's still the most enjoyable marathon I've run so far.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-02-20 at 14.02.21.png

Good luck for PMB Baz. dont get stuck in Crowded.

Off to Cango Marathon this weekend with a bunch of Silver hopefuls. https://www.strava.com/segments/6843961?filter=overall

First marathon since Comrades, it should get interesting. Got a couple of the team trying for PB's and sub 3's. 

post-7883-0-41923400-1519133117_thumb.png

Edited by Edgar

Off to Cango Marathon this weekend with a bunch of Silver hopefuls. https://www.strava.com/segments/6843961?filter=overall

First marathon since Comrades, it should get interesting. Got a couple of the team trying for PB's and sub 3's. 

Thanks, man. Reminds me of when I was in my twenties and my dad ran the PMB marathon and saw me stumbling out of Crowded whilst he was driving to the start. Good luck for Cango, you'll definitely nail a sub 3. Looks like you have a few painful downhills there, though?

Jip, this a training run for Hobbit. Strangely I am more nervous for the training run than the actual event

Some say Hobbit?  I am going to run that as well.  Also using the Monster for training

Have you done the Cango Marathon before? How is the weather there this time of year?

Looks like the Kaapse Hoop profile. Good luck!

Some say Hobbit?  I am going to run that as well.  Also using the Monster for training

Which race are yo doing? The 90km or the 38km?

Gee those are cheap for Hoka!! 

Barry, we doing the PMB, im doing the 21km and Haydn the 42.  Very nice finish.  Just make sure you get there early because last year the traffic was HECTIC...H E C T I C!! getting to the parking..many were still driving in and the gun at already gone...!! It really was a nightmare.

About shoes, I have New Balance 880's at the moment, looking to get a pair of Ghost 10's . Any thoughts?

About shoes, I have New Balance 880's at the moment, looking to get a pair of Ghost 10's . Any thoughts?

Search my content for my recent posts on it in this thread.

Have you done the Cango Marathon before? How is the weather there this time of year?

Looks like the Kaapse Hoop profile. Good luck!

I haven't, although from previous pioneers, I know it gets warm. Which I struggle in, the forecast are from moderate temps and some rain/drizzle which seems like a good deal. 

Having said that, PMB also has the potential to be super hot and humid - i've done enough dusi's to know this - and vaal next week is also always hot. down side of doing Q and seeding this time of year, it is probably going to be hot. 

It does seem quite similar to Kaapse.