ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid advice, Swiss, but I definitely won't run at all if I'm carrying any sickness. We've all heard too many horror stories of heart attacks.

10 Days are plenty to get over the sickness

I'm willing to bet money come June 10 you are still going beat me[emoji23]

Good luck and take it easy

And remember absolutely NO pain meds close to race or on race day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily only a viral infection for me. Got an injection and better asthma meds, and I'm good to go. Hopefully my ashtma inhaler is the same one that Chris Froome is using.

I'm double dosing on my inhaler at the moment .

I really don't feel like someone who is going to run 90km in ten days time

No ways!!. Then its a race between Charne Bosman and Gerda Steyn. But my money is on Charne. She's been there, and know how exactly what it takes to win. Gerda will be a close second.

No ways!!. Then its a race between Charne Bosman and Gerda Steyn. But my money is on Charne. She's been there, and know how exactly what it takes to win. Gerda will be a close second.

I'm tipping the final podium spot as a race between Anne Ashworth and Sarah Bard now.

10 Days are plenty to get over the sickness

I'm willing to bet money come June 10 you are still going beat me[emoji23]

Good luck and take it easy

And remember absolutely NO pain meds close to race or on race day

You'll have to let me know your race number and club colours so I can look out for you on the day and tag on as long as I can  :thumbup:

Over the years I have sometimes taken Imodium / Loperamide ~2h before starting Comrades, any advice against this?

Thanks 

You'll have to let me know your race number and club colours so I can look out for you on the day and tag on as long as I can :thumbup:

That would be great even if it's just for quick hallo.

Im running the first halve at about 6:00min/km hoping this finish sub 10h

I'm hard to miss at 100kg [emoji14]

8be863ae0a97b3697330043a918c2b20.png117d9a8e0d9b7e6b981c42e34662b44e.png

I'm not one to jump on the jump on the social media bandwagon but the diabtribe coming from the "reporter"makes my blood boil.

Especially because of the serious allegations he is making in his article . He has no idea what Caroline is going through at the moment.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/i-hope-the-comrades-elites-do-playfair-15193708

I can't take a so called journalist seriously if they make that many grammar mistakes in the first few paragraphs of an article. after all , that's suppose to be their profession. 

I'm not one to jump on the jump on the social media bandwagon but the diabtribe coming from the "reporter"makes my blood boil.

Especially because of the serious allegations he is making in his article . He has no idea what Caroline is going through at the moment.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/i-hope-the-comrades-elites-do-playfair-15193708

We need a Godwin like name for occasions when someone brings Lance Armstrong into the discussion.

Does anyone actually know why she is not running...specific injury 

Not fit...hmmm is a bit weak for someone in her position being a professional and all