ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the idiot... where's the route creator in the app? Cannot find it. Used the web version before (as recent as yesterday!) - but this looks like fun! 

I'll be the idiot... where's the route creator in the app? Cannot find it. Used the web version before (as recent as yesterday!) - but this looks like fun! 

I've heard that it's apparently only available on iPhone so not sure if you're on Android. If you are using iOS then you need to start a new activity from your phone then set a route. Once you're done, save the route and then you can access it via the website and transfer to Garmin, etc. from there.

Edited by Barry Stuart

Garmin connect have had something similar for a number of years which have used, but unless you know where to look is not so user friendly. Under training/courses or training/heatmap

I had no idea about the Garmin version, just located it now thanks to your comment. Very handy!

I had no idea about the Garmin version, just located it now thanks to your comment. Very handy!

I checked it out now, very user friendly. Will give it a try on my next run.

I checked it out now, very user friendly. Will give it a try on my next run.

Okay, its not that nice. I created a 10km route from my house now. It only gives me one option. Mostly on roads that will most probably get me killed.

Haha I made it to Twitter

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Hahaha thats the best.

I had a race with my mate at the end of Two Oceans many moons ago, cramping and severely dying we must have looked hysterical 'sprinting' that final 50m of the field. Good times

Edit: I jacked 2 pics from Jetline... 

post-90313-0-07694400-1550574741_thumb.png

Edited by CBlake

I've heard that it's apparently only available on iPhone so not sure if you're on Android. If you are using iOS then you need to start a new activity from your phone then set a route. Once you're done, save the route and then you can access it via the website and transfer to Garmin, etc. from there.

Aaah, did not know you had to start an activity - that's just... weird. I usually create routes to plan activities I plan to do in future. But that's just me...  :P

Thanks for the help, will check it out!

Edited by SeaBee

Aaah, did not know you had to start an activity - that's just... weird. I usually create routes to plan activities I plan to do in future. But that's just me...  :P

Thanks for the help, will check it out!

Ja, it's an odd way of initiating the feature since I don't know many people that run with their phones any more but once it's saved it's pretty easy from there.

Hahaha thats the best.

I had a race with my mate at the end of Two Oceans many moons ago, cramping and severely dying we must have looked hysterical 'sprinting' that final 50m of the field. Good times

Edit: I jacked 2 pics from Jetline... 

attachicon.gifc.png

Taped to the nines!  :w00t:

Taped to the nines!  :w00t:

Double knees! A work of art....

And a great excuse when you need to steal a walk  :ph34r: 

Double knees! A work of art....

And a great excuse when you need to steal a walk  :ph34r: 

Do you also suffer from knee tracking issues? If so which typing technique have you found works best for you? I've tried so many and can't find one which works for me. 

Do you also suffer from knee tracking issues? If so which typing technique have you found works best for you? I've tried so many and can't find one which works for me. 

My knee pains have always kind of come and gone. I'm trying to think back to this race what was up with them... I think it was actually the VMO - that quad muscle on the inside of your leg, that was so spasmed it was pulling everything out of alignment. I remember going for crazy needling sessions.

This was also the very beginning of my running 'career' and I ramped up waaay too quickly. My problems are normally tendonitis related.

To your question - needling first, it reaches places that massage or tapes or whatever cannot get to. I'm pretty sure you'll find something amiss if you get someone good to prod around a bit.

The taping was a simple Y shape down my leg, with the knee cap in the middle of the gap on top.

(I actually found a pic on my phone that I took that day in case I needed to reapply it myself which I can send you?)