ScottCM

Jewbacca good luck at Mac Mac I think it is going to be a rough one but temps should be perfect this time of year, nice and cool. Route will always be spectacular.

TurboMamba is also now racing the 100miler. That will be ±620km of running and 70odd km of mtb in the last month just in races, not including training between them :ph34r:

Comrades guys good luck with this last few weeks wind down and prep, stay healthy, I started a 120km AR on the weekend sick and am prednisone and antibiotics now this week and feeling rather doff. Stay Healthy, good luck with the tapering.

I saw that the Turbo was going to be there!

Crazy... You guys had what looked like a good time in Swaziland on the weekend! 

Yeah, I have absolutely no planned time and will just go on how my body feels and what the boys have put in front of us terrain wise.

7600m plus change in elevation is rough in anyone's books.

All packed and ready wrapping up some work today.

Amped!

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having issues today syncing activities from their Garmin to Express and Strava? 

My Forerunner is syncing, but the activities aren't being pushed to my phone. 

The benefit from drafting inly becomes significant above 18km/h, so in running its usually not a big deal.

BUT the psychological benefit and pacing effect can be huge

Unless the wind in howling like at IM this year then there is definitely a benefit. I had a guy drafting and when i asked him to come through he asked me if i was crazy, so i stopped right there and then and walked.

Anyone having issues today syncing activities from their Garmin to Express and Strava?

My Forerunner is syncing, but the activities aren't being pushed to my phone.

Nope working as per usual

I saw that the Turbo was going to be there!

Crazy... You guys had what looked like a good time in Swaziland on the weekend!

Yeah, I have absolutely no planned time and will just go on how my body feels and what the boys have put in front of us terrain wise.

7600m plus change in elevation is rough in anyone's books.

All packed and ready wrapping up some work today.

Amped!

Looks can be deceiving...

I thought I was over the flu on thursday, but Sat morning on the way up to the highest peak in Swaziland my HR was over 200 for a good 20 odd minutes. I survived the run with us holding a 10min lead. W got on the bike and I was ok initially but then nearly puked on Nicky 20km in, drafting is great until the person in front chunders a few litres of fluid. It went down hill from there, I was just in hurt locker losing everything I tried to put down, Heartrate hitting 180/190 every hill. We then had the nasty hike a bike from EA 2015, thankfully I used some enduro skills to ride back down while everyone walked their bikes down and recovered. Then had a good paddle and recovered managing to get some custard and coca cola in at transition. Last hike we ran the first 5km well(hurting but well) but we then lost a lot of time for the last part.

Chilling now on steroids for the lungs and antibiotics with a lower respiratory infection.

Jabberwock also had a team member throwing up, but he threw up once(yes some blood was in there as well) but it was just once and near transition and he recovered on the paddle well.

Looks can be deceiving...

I thought I was over the flu on thursday, but Sat morning on the way up to the highest peak in Swaziland my HR was over 200 for a good 20 odd minutes. I survived the run with us holding a 10min lead. W got on the bike and I was ok initially but then nearly puked on Nicky 20km in, drafting is great until the person in front chunders a few litres of fluid. It went down hill from there, I was just in hurt locker losing everything I tried to put down, Heartrate hitting 180/190 every hill. We then had the nasty hike a bike from EA 2015, thankfully I used some enduro skills to ride back down while everyone walked their bikes down and recovered. Then had a good paddle and recovered managing to get some custard and coca cola in at transition. Last hike we ran the first 5km well(hurting but well) but we then lost a lot of time for the last part.

Chilling now on steroids for the lungs and antibiotics with a lower respiratory infection.

Jabberwock also had a team member throwing up, but he threw up once(yes some blood was in there as well) but it was just once and near transition and he recovered on the paddle well.

You AR guys are a bunch of wussies 

Unless the wind in howling like at IM this year then there is definitely a benefit. I had a guy drafting and when i asked him to come through he asked me if i was crazy, so i stopped right there and then and walked.

Agree.

Let me rephrase. If the total speed of the runner + wind speed exceed 18km/h, there is a significant benefit.

I would have done the same... I can’t stand it when people do that

So who all have coaches?

What sports? Just running? Cycling? Tri? AR?

Who is your coach?

Why did you get one?

How do you interact?

How do they monitor you, your training load and your lifestyle/accountability?

I am down the coaching path and just frustrated a little with current setup. So I want to see what else is available. It was little things like discussing that I am travelling for a week the following month and will be away from gym and cannot take a bike so I will need to focus on running that week and then nothing changes in the plan. I am also in dire need of nutrition help.

I am using one. He is really very good. Monitoring my runs everyday and really push me to run faster and stronger. And also gives me feedback everyday. He works out specific program to what your needs are and what you want to run.

My coach are Trad Cruishank-Fleet Feet SA.

Edited by Lexx

So who all have coaches?

What sports? Just running? Cycling? Tri? AR?

Who is your coach?

Why did you get one?

How do you interact?

How do they monitor you, your training load and your lifestyle/accountability?

I am down the coaching path and just frustrated a little with current setup. So I want to see what else is available. It was little things like discussing that I am travelling for a week the following month and will be away from gym and cannot take a bike so I will need to focus on running that week and then nothing changes in the plan. I am also in dire need of nutrition help.

A few of they guys in my running club makes use of Coach Lindsey Perry. But he is also a member of our club so we don't have much of a choice.. :-)

I dont have a coach as my running is more of a social of nature. My training consist mainly of doing whatever the guys with programs are doing - pirate running coaching.