ScottCM

I sent a query through to Boldgear. Have received a response saying their shorts do not have a lining. They sell their lining as a separate garment.

Are they owned by Ryanair?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you been running...?

I’d stick with only slow sessions for at least 2-3 months, while slowly increasing your weekend long run. After this I would look at introducing one, and later two speed/hill/interval sessions a week...

Don’t worry about speed now, it will come...

About 4 months. I think it's time to mix things up with a once a week session as you describe.

About 4 months. I think it's time to mix things up with a once a week session as you describe.

Agree...

I sent a query through to Boldgear. Have received a response saying their shorts do not have a lining. They sell their lining as a separate garment.

I don't really mind the inner lining not being there. I usually wear tights underneath for the shafing.

Edited by Lexx

Congrats, Grant is seriously pacey.

Post the segments and see if anybody can beat your times.

Look what just popped up op my running club’s facebook feed. Seems like Mr Johnson is a running coach.

a913aa1adef1ee6b6a29e18e9f7c51ec.jpg

Doing 60km a week after only 4 months of running seems like an injury waiting to happen! So be careful if you now add in some high intensity workouts. Having said that, perhaps if you have good base fitness from cycling and blessed with a good running gait and strong glutes you may be less injury prone.

Not sure where you started, but as a rule of thumb one needs to increase weekly mileage by no more than 10%. And then after 3 weeks of progression, take a bit of a recovery week where you pull back on the mileage and intensity to allow yourself to recover.

Doing 60km a week after only 4 months of running seems like an injury waiting to happen! So be careful if you now add in some high intensity workouts. Having said that, perhaps if you have good base fitness from cycling and blessed with a good running gait and strong glutes you may be less injury prone.

Not sure where you started, but as a rule of thumb one needs to increase weekly mileage by no more than 10%. And then after 3 weeks of progression, take a bit of a recovery week where you pull back on the mileage and intensity to allow yourself to recover.

I started out very easily on the C25K program, and in the first 9 weeks it ramped up up pretty gently. After that I did the 10K bridge, and I found that adding an additional 10K day and a long Sunday run (that one gets another 10% each week) was quite easy and comfortable.

I was very surprised that I avoided any niggling injuries to date (there was a momentary scare with new shoes that had low heel drop causing calf pain), especially as I was clobbered repeatedly by ITB when I ran 30 years ago. Maybe because the very hilly area here mixes the run up a lot?

One thing I am feeling now is the need to change my eating habits. I've dropped about 8kgs in the last 5 months, which helps the knees. However, with Myfitnesspal I've also been doing calorie limiting, but I'm starting to feel the effects of that in decreased energy. I did well in the past on LCHF, and while they say you shouldn't start a new training regime and LCHF together, I think I could shift to it now. I think I'll feel much better running on keto than limited food intake.

I have dabbled with the LCHF diet before and my buddy is now also going the keto route. However my experimentation with it was quite short lived. As I told my buddy, I run so that I can eat cookies [emoji1787]. It has made quite a difference with him though in terms of weight loss.

I have dabbled with the LCHF diet before and my buddy is now also going the keto route. However my experimentation with it was quite short lived. As I told my buddy, I run so that I can eat cookies [emoji1787]. It has made quite a difference with him though in terms of weight loss.

I know how that feels! With me it's craft beer and artisan breads.

But I've found this loophole called the Cyclical Keto Diet where you up carbs for certain events. And I figure it's okay to mention that on this forum because, "cycli..."  :)

https://www.ruled.me/3-ketogenic-diets-skd-ckd-tkd/

Edited by Lotus

I don't really mind the inner lining not being there. I usually wear tights underneath for the shafing.

For years now i have had to use those 2in1 shorts because of chafing. How does wearing separate tights and shorts compare to the 2in1's?

For years now i have had to use those 2in1 shorts because of chafing. How does wearing separate tights and shorts compare to the 2in1's?

Salomons super top end stuff is like that. I remember seeing the shorts part in the shop and laughing at how flimsy they were, then I realised its a two part thing. Tights first, then these super thin dignity-savers over the top. 

I have their normal built-in shorts and they're the most comfortable things I've ever worn. So I must assume the 2 layer jobs are pretty good too. So maybe its worth checking some others out.

I have a couple of pairs of Bold Gear shorts. The stretch and the zip pockets are awesome. A really good product proudly made in Cape Town.

I wear the Falke sports undies for running. They are like lined lycra briefs. So shorter than thigh tights but they stop any chaffing. Using them on AR's and various 100 milers etc and I do not get chaff at all, even when doing multiple river crossings and swims without stopping to dry or change.

I have a couple of pairs of Bold Gear shorts. The stretch and the zip pockets are awesome. A really good product proudly made in Cape Town.

I wear the Falke sports undies for running. They are like lined lycra briefs. So shorter than thigh tights but they stop any chaffing. Using them on AR's and various 100 milers etc and I do not get chaff at all, even when doing multiple river crossings and swims without stopping to dry or change.

Are these what you are referring to?

https://falke.co.za/men/sport/boxers/boxer-large

Am I missing something.... Where the hell are you chaps chafing that the tights prevent? Between the thighs?.. I've never had an issue with chafing there before... Am I just lucky?