ScottCM

Genuine question now.

My respect for the CMA has all but gone as a result over this whole thing and their stubbornness to delay the inevitable of cancelling the race. It's about a 90% certainly that the Olympics will be postponed to next year now.. Yet they continue to hold on.

What's everyone else's opinions?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuine question now.

My respect for the CMA has all but gone as a result over this whole thing and their stubbornness to delay the inevitable of cancelling the race. It's about a 90% certainly that the Olympics will be postponed to next year now.. Yet they continue to hold on.

I'm feeling the same way about Durban 70.3 to be honest.

They need to stop dicking around and make the right call...

Genuine question now.

Comardes has handled this the worst of anyone, my thought.

Absolute head in sand. Sending out poems, motivational quotes, substitution stuff, nothing that everyone is asking for.

Nope you can't... That's the point of the lockdown... You might be able to run around the block repeatedly.. or do intervals up and down your street

I wonder what the rules will be in SA and I wonder if the ability exists to actually enforce the lockdown?

The U.K. has announced much stricter measures which is in effect a lockdown. I wonder if SA will have the same ruling to the U.K. who will allow one exercise activity per day, not in groups but it can be with those you are living with?

Genuine question now.

Quite pathetic really, I just can't fathom how they can believe that this crisis will be done and dusted come June.

In any event, nobody will be able to do decent training (forget qualify) for the next month, which is the slap bang in the middle of Comrades prep 

Quite pathetic really, I just can't fathom how they can believe that this crisis will be done and dusted come June.

In any event, nobody will be able to do decent training (forget qualify) for the next month, which is the slap bang in the middle of Comrades prep

Yup.i know a myriad of people who haven't qualified.

It's looking like any kind of outdoor activity or training is verboten, even on the residential estate.

Anyone heard different? Or am I going to be doing burpees and star jumps for the next 3 weeks?

It's looking like any kind of outdoor activity or training is verboten, even on the residential estate.

Anyone heard different? Or am I going to be doing burpees and star jumps for the next 3 weeks?

Certain body corps have taken action regarding this as far as I know.

Makes sense though.

I'm living in a complex, not very big, 'bout 100m from the gate till the end of the complex. So i worked out, running up and down for +-200 times is 20km.  :whistling: . Not very keen, but better than doing nothing.

I'm living in a complex, not very big, 'bout 100m from the gate till the end of the complex. So i worked out, running up and down for +-200 times is 20km. :whistling: . Not very keen, but better than doing nothing.

I have a slighly longer drives in my complex, so will be doing a lot of speed work, 30s, 60s and 90s sprints with recoveries between :)

Edited by shaper

I have a slighly longer drives in my complex, so will be doing a lot of speed work, 30s, 60s and 90s sprints with recoveries between :)

You're either a slow runner or stay on a freakin' golf course  :P

I'm living in a complex, not very big, 'bout 100m from the gate till the end of the complex. So i worked out, running up and down for +-200 times is 20km.  :whistling: . Not very keen, but better than doing nothing.

Haha we were making the same sums yesterday.

To the gate is 50m, duck down the ramp into underground parking and back 50m, up the stairs (spicy!) to the start...

My mind is laughing at me thinking I could keep that up for longer than like... 5 laps?  :ph34r:

Message last night from our body corporate, I am devastated as I was also planning to run in the estate:

Dear Residents 

Lockdown means that you have to remain in the confines of your property. Wondering around the complex, jogging, walking your dog, etc. are not allowed. You may leave your home individually or in small groups to obtain necessities or seek medical attention only. If you do, be quick, in and out, and maintain sanitation and take the necessary extra measures. 

Please stay at home. This is for the benefit of everyone. 

Regards

Message last night from our body corporate, I am devastated as I was also planning to run in the estate:

Dear Residents 

Lockdown means that you have to remain in the confines of your property. Wondering around the complex, jogging, walking your dog, etc. are not allowed. You may leave your home individually or in small groups to obtain necessities or seek medical attention only. If you do, be quick, in and out, and maintain sanitation and take the necessary extra measures. 

Please stay at home. This is for the benefit of everyone. 

Regards

But it is ultimately the right call...

I see there are two treadmills in the classifieds though Hacc  :whistling:

I don't understand why CMA cannot make a decision. Whag are they waiting for?

(At the time of this message there are 422 829 cases (almost half a mil!!!) and 18 909 deaths!! (almost 20k)

The lockdown period is also the high mileage period of Comrades training.

PS. I am very impressed with Overkruin running club. I got an email from them asking for my banking details. They want to do a refund of race entries. Nothing from Runzone, Loskop or any other race I have entered.