Bottom Bracket clicking noise

inthesaddle

have a scott spark 920 7 months old - has developed a clicking noise from bb - which is in time with pedal rotation - stop pedalling no noise - have removed cranks and checked bb for play still tight

I dont want to remove bb if not neccessary - anybody had similar prob and resolved it 

Check pedals, rear skewer, before bb. Can be loose suspension bolts too. All clicking under load, so will seem like the same part of pedal revolution.

its not the BB

its grit on your seatpost when the seat tube flexes under load of pedaling your hear a tick tick sound ..

take out seatpost clean it clean the collar of the seat tube clean the seat clamp

bit of grease replace

noise gone

common noise complaint / most common solution

Had the same problem with my Scott also took it to lbs twice with the same problem. At the end it was the pivot points that made the noise.

You are on a magical mystery tour, it could be any of the above or none of the above. As a general rule if the clicking goes away after you wash your bike it's not the bottom bracket and pivot points or any junction that has load placed on it with a pedal stroke could be the problem. My last mystery was the bolt connecting my rear dérailleur hanger to the frame, the fix was a simple clean out of the dust trapped in it and a bit of grease. This was a recurring problem so remember the noise carefully once you solve it.

Also had a clicking sound recently. I tried everything, eventually I swallowed my pride and took it to a bike shop. They diagnosed a loose bb. First ride when it came back. The clicking was there. That night I woke up with an epiphany. Ran to my bike turned it over and there was the problem. My seat had cracked. Don't think because it sounds like the bb that it is the bb

Hey OP. Got exactly the same problem now. I can feel the vibrations of the clicking through my right foot.

BB was opened by lbs. Nothing wrong. Will check pivots tomorrow.

Just hate it when my bike sounds like a makro special.

Got the same crap with my singlespeed. I have redone the BB, and it persists. Maybe its a pedal, but I doubt it as it's a new set, only 6 rides old.

Waiting to see any other solutions

Clicking BB can be any of the following (had the same problem a while ago, my issue was no was first item)

Qr skewer moving inside hub and moving around (rear)

Seatpost clamp

Saddle rails

Pedal axles

Cleat & pedal contact area

Headset

Stem, headset, handlebar contacts

Crank arm bolts

Chain ring bolts

Clicking BB can be any of the following (had the same problem a while ago, my issue was no was first item)

Qr skewer moving inside hub and moving around (rear)

Seatpost clamp

Saddle rails

Pedal axles

Cleat & pedal contact area

Headset

Stem, headset, handlebar contacts

Crank arm bolts

Chain ring bolts

Perhaps we should just add to your list:

Rear derailleur bolt

Rear derailleur hanger bolt

add heaven forbid:

Cracked frame

Cracked swingarm,

I had a terrible clicking sound on my bike a few years ago. After checking just about every part, it turned out to be a fairly new pedal which was not securely tightened. Some copperslip and a pedal wrench solved the problem.

Loose mtb cleats can also make a clicking sound so check your shoes as well.

Archived