Live tracking options for commuting

Spirog

So, I've just started commuting to work a couple of days a week. I've found routes that are reasonably quiet (for Sandton) and I can do 80% + on paths and pavements.

My wife is not as keen on this idea as I am. Can't understand why - with tons of life assurance, I'm worth much more dead than alive... :eek:

To put her at ease, I promised to set up a live tracking system where she can see where I am in real-time on her iPhone..

The Garmin Live Tracking system seems to work via email only. What apps or programs are available to solve my problem?

Hi Spirog

Funny you should bring this up because my wife was needling me about this over the past weekend.  There are quite a few apps out there and I have even installed and tested a few with no great success but I have recently discovered locatoweb which comes highly recommended and costs ZAR 30 to purchase - https://locatoweb.com/

Also search Google Play - live gps live tracking and trial & error your way through them to see which works best

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=live%20gps%20tracking&hl=en

Good Luck

Put Endomondo on both your phones using the same login details.

Works like a charm

Or you can add each other to your separate Endomondo accounts and give permission to view current speed, then live tracking works.

Google+ tracking is neater as it is enabled 24/7, you don't have to remember to switch it on like Endomondo

Will find my friends work?

I doubt it for the OP seeing as the play store was mentioned.

Interesting idea though using find my friends. I just let my wife track me through find my iphone, quick and easy to do.

If your wife has a smartphone, garmin live tracking works just fine if you already have a garmin device capable of it.

It simply sends an email which sends you a link to a site which live tracks. Ain't that bad:) it even works on my wife's crapberry!

Runkeeper has live broadcasting.

Or if both on iPhone, then use "Find my Friends".  If activated, she can even use Siri and ask where you are.

• 2 weeks later...