[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

A MTBer is someone who has no fear of the wild. It is someone who will face any challenge head-on and who will not shrink in the face of adversity. A MTBer is someone who will not shriek when faced with a big drop-off, or cringe at a 26% gradient of loose shale and baby-skull rocks. A MTBer will accept the challenge, and triumph over it with sheer grit and determination.

A MTBer is someone who will ride the CTCT on a bike with fat knobs on their tyres and keep pace with road bikes. A MTBer is somebody who delights in the sound of swarming bees coming from their tyres on the tar. A MTBer is someone who is not fazed by the weight of their bike, but cares more about the next bit of single track - google it.

In other words, MTBer's are REAL men and women who live life for the thrill of it, not for the sake of it.

dit is DIEP!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A MTBer does not give a **** about time on the CTCT, only the Epic counts. Everything else is for people who can't do the Epic.

Or who cant afford it. like me Edited by Boerklong

My boys' starting time is an hour later than mine........oh, what to do?

Wait for them? Last year they didn't wait for me, the little blighters! Start with them? Leave them to their own devices? They are 15 and 16 and have done 4 Arguses each so they know how to handle it. Perhaps it is time to let them fly on their own? Besides, they form a formidable pair if they gang up on you. Or ride with DJR Senior who starts a half hour after me? That's always special! Or do another team DJR start to finish "one for all, all for one" ride?

Decisions decisions! Great stuff, choices! Don't you think!?

Wait for them? Last year they didn't wait for me, the little blighters! Start with them? Leave them to their own devices? They are 15 and 16 and have done 4 Arguses each so they know how to handle it. Perhaps it is time to let them fly on their own? Besides, they form a formidable pair if they gang up on you. Or ride with DJR Senior who starts a half hour after me? That's always special! Or do another team DJR start to finish "one for all, all for one" ride?

Leave them to their own devices.  If they drop you on the Edinburgh Drive climb, will they wait for you? Did not think so.  :ph34r:

My son is starting 1h50 before me, so I don't know what to do for that time before I start. Maybe have a brekkie somewhere?  Who is joining me?

Having 3 generations of DJR's doing the CTCT or any race together must be something special. Cherish the moment.

After reading the definition of what is considered a mountain biker and what defines a road cyclists perhaps I am just a commuter then.

I ride for the fun, I ride solo, I ride to reach a destination. 

You major problem is the embarrassment you will suffer when they catch for an hour if you start ahead of them.

Better to be dropped than caught.

It's just not cricket

After reading the definition of what is considered a mountain biker and what defines a road cyclists perhaps I am just a commuter then.

I ride for the fun, I ride solo, I ride to reach a destination

Hey, Dude. It's  the journey man, the journey. Or maybe only if you are a hipster on a fixie...

Hey, Dude. It's  the journey man, the journey. Or maybe only if you are a hipster on a fixie...

...erm no fixie, but I do ride 1x8 on the road and 1x10 off road.