Last call for Satellite Classic entries

News bot

Really? Is one page of ASG goods for sale a problem? Come on... it took all of 1 second to glace at it and deceide whether there was anything and then move to the next page.

Aside from that I'm looking fwd to the race... have a bone to pick with Hekpoordt :cursing: 

Edited by Paulst12

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They sucker palmed a pair of socks (and something else-forgot what it was) off on me when I entered. :blush: :D

Just wondering if it's going to be black or white as I didn't get to select an option. Guess they will surprise me :ph34r: or I must've done something wrong :stupid:

Wonder if I shall use my heavier bike for this flat course? Any ideas?

Really? Is one page of ASG goods for sale a problem? Come on... it took all of 1 second to glace at it and deceide whether there was anything and then move to the next page.

Aside from that I'm looking fwd to the race... have a bone to pick with Hekpoordt :cursing: 

They asked for feedback....

They asked for feedback....

They said they appreciate the feedback, but that was after all the complaints about their products being put on an entry ... I am on the opposite spectrum in that I like to see whats new and special... within reason of course so the 1 page was worth a scan

Did not think it was that long ago, but last time I entered this race in 2012 I did the 94 km.

Race went well until the last twenty or so of us in the AL bunch got to final 5-10 km , we could not attack, sprint or ride at stages due to traffic officers stopping cars to get in and out of venue.  

If we get some good reviews after the race I will be there next year.

Did not think it was that long ago, but last time I entered this race in 2012 I did the 94 km.

Race went well until the last twenty or so of us in the AL bunch got to final 5-10 km , we could not attack, sprint or ride at stages due to traffic officers stopping cars to get in and out of venue.

The finish is on the satellite road not pelindaba anymorw so this issue is already resolved in.my view

Just entered for the 106km race, never done this one before and never done hekpoort before, should be interesting...

Dont stress.

Hekpoort is not as hard as people make it out to be. Same as Sterkies. You will have fun :)

Up until you said We can call it... I actually thought it a comment you would consider but if you want to make light of the matter then I guess any feedback given will likely be treated such 

Being dead serious - 'opt out option' is the answer I think...already discussed it with the developers to spec...seriously did not mean to offend you  :thumbup:

Did anyone do the race last year ? Did they resolve the traffic problems. I know in the past some cyclists did not feel too safe of the 106 ?

This was at the previous venue. I also read the reviews (on Bicycling.co.za I think) and all were bad. The complaints ranged from safety to ablution facilities, parking etc. etc. I know that road alongside Pelindaba well and it is a *** stretch of road. 

Since the venue was changed, things seems to be sorted out. I only heard positive reviews about last years race and that's why I decided to it this year. Looking forward.

This was at the previous venue. I also read the reviews (on Bicycling.co.za I think) and all were bad. The complaints ranged from safety to ablution facilities, parking etc. etc. I know that road alongside Pelindaba well and it is a *** stretch of road. 

Since the venue was changed, things seems to be sorted out. I only heard positive reviews about last years race and that's why I decided to it this year. Looking forward.

Thanks for this. Are there any particular sections one has to look out for on the new route?

Thanks for this. Are there any particular sections one has to look out for on the new route?

I did the whole route on Saturday, and the road looked pretty decent. There are some sections where the shoulder is quite eroded and rather high, so I would advise to rather stay in the middle or right-hand side of the bunch.

Just make sure that when you come over hekpoort, you are with a bunch. There WILL be a headwind. I can't remember riding that road without a headwind. Saturday was no exception.