Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

My Epic partner recons we should do most of our training on the road for Oct and Nov, then move onto the MTB.

I am happy to mix it up 3 rides a week on the MTB and 3 on the Road bikeĀ 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy busy at work lately with the opening of a new store, this should subside by Thursday, but managed to get some training in:

162.5km's

3339m Accent

8h25m

Ā 

Doing W2W race as well.

Edited by Dominik

Crazy busy at work lately with the opening of a new store, this should subside by Thursday, but managed to get some training in:

162.5km's

3339m Accent

8h25m

(for the last 3 days)

Ā 

Doing W2W race as well.

Good week

I got a late entry into the ride looking forward to the W2W nice way to kick off the big miles needed in Nov

Swapped from a Scott Spark to a Spez Epic - Comp frame with Expert build kit - once I had the Brain figured out and set up the way I like it, it has been a very good ride.

Ā 

I did consider a PYGA Stage but really need a Small frame, and they only make mediums... I am EXACTLY on the edge of small/mediumĀ  specs for the SPAZ - but after about 10 test rides went with a medium, and I am happy.

Ā 

This years epic is so short we are considering asking them if there will be additional fees to let us ride some of the days twice...... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

very nice!

MOenie worry nie.

This week i will just take easy, Z1 and Z2, maybe 10hrs total, then next week W2W and take it from there.

2016 much easier to train for on limited time. Emphasis is on lots of Z3 to Z5

2.4 hours

Sick as a dog

Same here, W2W Race looming as a good prepĀ and now the engine is forced into idle.......

First Epic 2016. Following the Daisyway Epic training programme. 14 hours last week(including Buffet Olives 42km) and 16 hours this coming week. So far so good.

First Epic 2016. Following the Daisyway Epic training programme. 14 hours last week(including Buffet Olives 42km) and 16 hours this coming week. So far so good.

Just be carefulĀ not toĀ overdo it. It's still early days.Ā You need to peak in March, not in January.

Wow, some of you guys are really training hard. I averaged 9 hours/week the last 8 weeks, exact as I did two years ago for my first (and only) Epic. But 14 to 16 hours now, how much will you ride in January/February?

Ā 

The most I rode for the 2014 CE was 20 hours, that was a training week in Mallorca 3 weeks before the start. And that was plenty good.

Ā 

Don't forget to mix it up and combine long hours in the saddle with interval/blocks and technique training. Monotony will kill you, mentally and fysically.

Edited by janbiker

2.4 hours

Sick as a dog

Eish getting sick is one of my biggest fears at the moment. I recently had a chest infection which took 10 days to clear dont want to go back there.

Alarm failure this morning for my interval session.. . Time to set 2 alarms!!

I tried doing my sessions in the evening but work always seems to drag on a little and steel some training time, I am not a morning person and I don't like waking up early but I must say that training in the morning is a winner. You go to work knowing that you have done your training and that you have taken another step towards your goal.