Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

Has anyone given any thought to the Official Tyre sponsor of the Epic: C

Mitas Rubina Textra Tyres were very well received during the 2015 event where they made their debut. Check out their facebook page for some more info and to see what else they have been up to. 

Hi looked at these tyers now, They look impressive.  Currently I was considering Specialized FastTrak  2.2 (GRID) for rear and Specialized Ground Control (GRID) 2.3 for the front. Don't like the skinny once :)

The Kratos Textra for front and rear looks like a awesome set.  Strong but also not insanely heavy. or maybe the scylla for the rear. both in 2.25

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guyz finishing top 200 have special talent and they are super super fit,

Never been called that in my life before.... thanks made my day.

Over 90kg's, drank beer every day, and did very little training weeks over 10hrs. During the week we even trained in doors at Cadence.  

Maybe made up time on the down hills.

Never been called that in my life before.... thanks made my day.

Over 90kg's, drank beer every day, and did very little training weeks over 10hrs. During the week we even trained in doors at Cadence.  

Maybe made up time on the down hills.

Only a pleasure! :clap:

The only person whose training I'm interested in is my partner and we normally train together. 

Stop worrying about others. 

I hope you understand the irony of your statement on a forum that so far mainly deals in exchanging training information.

I hope you understand the irony of your statement on a forum that so far mainly deals in exchanging training information.

No I don't understand the irony but feel free to share your training plan here. Not sure how it will benefit anyone else. 

No I don't understand the irony but feel free to share your training plan here. Not sure how it will benefit anyone else.

Erm dude, Jan was right hey...some of the info shared here is helpful

Of course it is, other than training which should be athlete specific taking into account time available to train, goals etc. But you know that already. 

Hahaha. Calling the Oom, Dude. Wtf?

Let me give my opinion. Sofar this thread reads "My tollie is groter as joune". 

"Look dude, I've done 100hrs riding this week with 100 000m of climbing".

How is that helpful? Dude. ;)

Do not pay more than the R59 600 plus the double rider change fee. Car rentals are payable on arrival and flights can be changed / cancelled with minimal surcharge. Better yet, wait until 2 weeks before the event and pick up an entry for 50% of the RRP.

I think I can guess who the seller is. He is in for a rude surprise. Make 100% sure that substitutions are only done through the Epic office. They will refund the seller. They will refund him what he paid.

Edited by Newboy

jcza

I hope you understand the irony of you being able to buy almost 8 things from Rouxtjie but still needing  to be schooled in the use of the Hub.......... :excl:  :excl:

Apologies, I couldn't find the sarcasm font

Edited by eddy

Hahaha. Calling the Oom, Dude. Wtf?

Let me give my opinion. Sofar this thread reads "My tollie is groter as joune". 

"Look dude, I've done 100hrs riding this week with 100 000m of climbing".

How is that helpful? Dude. ;)

No kid, lemmy get back to work.

Gents, this forum is suppose to be fun and informative, no one is forcing you to read. And if you are not doing the epic next year, please dont comment, for obvious reasons.

So next topic, hows everybody doing with their team custom kit?

Gents, this forum is suppose to be fun and informative, no one is forcing you to read. And if you are not doing the epic next year, please dont comment, for obvious reasons.

So next topic, hows everybody doing with their team custom kit?

Almost decided on a design - sizing test kit is on the desk already - Thursday sizes will be finalised and order should be done by month end.

If I might make a suggestion (based on some experience of kit buying):

a) Don't leave it to the last minute - couple of years ago ours came from the officiall CE supplier, was ordered in November and was only shipped to Jhb the week before Epic... far too close for comfort... so close my normal supplier of corporate kit made a set of shirts up at the last minute for us.

b) Buy a couple of extra sets each - and test fit each and every one - sometimes one just does not fit right/has holes/seams that scratch, and there might not be enough time to get it replaced/fixed