Rio Olympics XCO

Shebeen

The BBC used them as well. It was horrible. Just shows how much better the RedBullTV duo are!

we streamed all XCO, Cycling and Tri events through SABC on YouTube, quality capped at 360p, but no issues...and apart from my wife, no annoying commentary....

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite odd.

I watched the race on a local Belgian channel, which had a Dutch presenter. Irrespective, the camera feed was fantastic - it was constanlty looping back to the chasers and guys that had dropped out, etc. It wasn't just the "Nino and Koolharvey show" the whole time.

Gerald is just naff. No excitement, no knowledge, no humour... Just bland and dull. But yes the visuals were also not great so that couldn't have helped.

My favorite Gerald'ism was that dropper posts are very popular amongst downhillers...

Pity we did not see much of the rest of the field or even just graphics to show how the rest of the guys were doing.

Going to start working out like Nino.Hopefully my skills and fitness will improve!!!

LOL ja. That was a bit.... yeah.

And he has a creepy obsession with Julien Absalon.

Anyone see the Tweets suggesting to have more tech zones spread across the course? Having a mechanical 100m after the tech zones requires one to complete the entire lap as it's against the rules to go against the flow. The mechanical already results in added time, but being pulled from the course due to being lapped (while running to the tech zone) is a bit unfair.

I agree with the suggestion, as it does bring one's ability into the equation.

Eventually found the links

and discussing the potential "comeback" when he was over a minute down.

Nee hell.. he was so obsessed with Julien he was calling Kulhavy - Absalon at a stage.

Anyone see the Tweets suggesting to have more tech zones spread across the course? Having a mechanical 100m after the tech zones requires one to complete the entire lap as it's against the rules to go against the flow. The mechanical already results in added time, but being pulled from the course due to being lapped (while running to the tech zone) is a bit unfair.

https://twitter.com/alecriddle/status/767396492709601280

I saw that and it would make a bit of sense.. take Sagan for example his first flat was just after the tech zone.. which means he had to ride/run all the way to get to the next tech zone to get the wheel changed.. But on the other hand I suppose it's part of xco.

Don't really agree. Take F1 as an example - if you puncture after the pit entry you have to make your way around the track to get a new tyre fitted.

Part of the game. If you want to run super light tyres, you have to accept the increased risk of punctures.

Quite odd.

I watched the race on a local Belgian channel, which had a Dutch presenter. Irrespective, the camera feed was fantastic - it was constanlty looping back to the chasers and guys that had dropped out, etc. It wasn't just the "Nino and Koolharvey show" the whole time.

would have preffered that, makes no sense why they follow only the front guys when the olympics is really about participation

would have preffered that, makes no sense why they follow only the front guys when the olympics is really about participation

It's all about the winners actually. 

Hence the podium, medals, honor.

If it was about participation, everyone would receive a cookie for coming...

Daars geen troospryse nie.

I saw that and it would make a bit of sense.. take Sagan for example his first flat was just after the tech zone.. which means he had to ride/run all the way to get to the next tech zone to get the wheel changed.. But on the other hand I suppose it's part of xco.

It is indeed. It's the same on all lap-based events across sporting codes. You can't just reverse on an F1 track in the middle of a race cos you have a flat... 

So they really don't put any slime in their tyres? That doesn't make sense to me. Sure it ads a little extra weight, but surely it's worth it? It'll be much quicker to bomb a half flat tyre quickly than having to ride on your rim or run a full lap to the tech zone

Archived