The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I sat behind Patchelicious bum for about 1km (or 2 or so)... Yoh I think he became my new hub crush..

Thanks for breaking my heart Hayley, I thought I was your crush :P

It was lekker meeting those that I did, annoyed with not finishing, but will be back next year with a score to settle...

Only got too circle D at 6:30 unfortunately. By then there was way too much foot traffic to work through.

Took the mtb offroad next to the barriers to the actual start and fell into the back of F.

Sorry dudes (if It was dooslike).

What time did the okes upfront do?

Patch,wezo,Dangle etc?

Race for me was no pb sadly as race was over within the first 5kms!

Punctured going up pooks hill, changed tube only to find my trusty pump no longer worked!! Tried to get riders to stop and assist.. nada, eventually after 40mins 2 mountain bikes not part of the 94.7 rode past and came to my assistance, borrowed their pump and then was back riding... by which time any thoughts of pb or getting back to the I team had long sice faded!

Lost interest in racing, so just did a long slow ride to the finish! Rather bummed for race to be over in first 5kms!

Will be back fot the I team next year and nice to meet up with new and old hubbers :)

My ride did not go according to plan.

I was riding with Dangle, Scottcm and Patchelicious to just before the M1 highway atwoodmead.

At that stage I was hanging onto Dangles pocket with my left hand as my right leg did not show for the ride(this is due to injury) and at that moment my right shoulder decided it is time to quickly pop out of the socket and back in again.

I told the guys to go without me as I was filling the jukskei river with my tears.

I got going again and struggled along the M1 highway when I started to cramp. But badly cramp not just the nigggles. The proper cramp when you almost want to fall of your bike.

I eventually managed to get to ghandi square but yes I couldnt get up that stupid little incline.

I sat and cried again for a what felt like 20 min. Pushed my bike to the top. And then using my hands and sore shoulder to get my right foot to cleat in again.

By now I have considered packing it in a couple of times.

I managed to crawl home in a not so good, actually very bad time. But I finished. 

My ride did not go according to plan.

I was riding with Dangle, Scottcm and Patchelicious to just before the M1 highway atwoodmead.

At that stage I was hanging onto Dangles pocket with my left hand as my right leg did not show for the ride(this is due to injury) and at that moment my right shoulder decided it is time to quickly pop out of the socket and back in again.

I told the guys to go without me as I was filling the jukskei river with my tears.

I got going again and struggled along the M1 highway when I started to cramp. But badly cramp not just the nigggles. The proper cramp when you almost want to fall of your bike.

I eventually managed to get to ghandi square but yes I couldnt get up that stupid little incline.

I sat and cried again for a what felt like 20 min. Pushed my bike to the top. And then using my hands and sore shoulder to get my right foot to cleat in again.

By now I have considered packing it in a couple of times.

I managed to crawl home in a not so good, actually very bad time. But I finished.

Did the beers afterwards help with the pain......and sorrow.

On a serious note....have tha5 shoulder checked out this coming week. Shoulders don't just dislocate for nothing. It can become an irritating problem later on.

Did the beers afterwards help with the pain......and sorrow.

On a serious note....have tha5 shoulder checked out this coming week. Shoulders don't just dislocate for nothing. It can become an irritating problem later on.

Hmmm Ja

I usually battle with the left one where it happens from time to time but its a first for my right. (I am double jointed in most of my joints)

Must be getting old.

No man.....you are still a spring chicken. All you might need is to develop a set of Popeye shoulders......sulke lekker balletjies.

So you had beer afterwards........I had a G&T with lemon on route....in one of those plastic beer mugs you get at the cricket.....the blonde (hotness to the power xxx) almost jumped in front of me......think she felt sorry for the dikgat ou oom met sy uithang pens.

Now that was a boostertjie of note

Edited by BarHugger

Look past the bum Hayley at the.....bike. Now that is sexy!

Hey they are both nice!! ;)

Was really cool meeting Lurch, sorry about your puncture! Thanks for not asking me to stop :P

Fatboab, Carpet, Sheriff, Scott (what a ride dude, loved the determination!) Halyey who even told me to speed up a few times, jeez. Josh looked strong going up Cedar!

Nice seeing BMW and Shaper again!

BouncingBrain put in a huge ride! Asked us to put the hammer down with 20km to go and he hung on till Cedar, dude has only been riding since December!

Will be up for this again next year and the Argus maybe. I am sure that from lessons learnt we can pull it off with more cohesion next time around.

Who took the group pic this morning?

Edited by Patchelicious

Hey they are both nice!! ;)

Was really cool meeting Lurch, sorry about your puncture! Thanks for not asking me to stop :P

Fatboab, Carpet, Sheriff, Scott (what a ride dude, loved the determination!) Halyey who even told me to speed up a few times, jeez. Josh looked strong going up Cedar!

Nice seeing BMW and Shaper again!

BouncingBrain put in a huge ride! Asked us to put the hammer down with 20km to go and he hung on till Cedar, dude has only been riding since December!

Will be up for this again next year and the Argus maybe. I am sure that from lessons learnt we can pull it off with more cohesion next time around.

Who took the group pic this morning?

I would never ask others to mess with their time for me, next year I am back with a vengeance.

My sister was the person who took the group picture.

Edited by Lurch

Only got too circle D at 6:30 unfortunately. By then there was way too much foot traffic to work through.

Took the mtb offroad next to the barriers to the actual start and fell into the back of F.

Sorry dudes (if It was dooslike).

What time did the okes upfront do?

Patch,wezo,Dangle etc?

Not sure, but not sub 3

No man.....you are still a spring chicken. All you might need is to develop a set of Popeye shoulders......sulke lekker balletjies.

So you had beer afterwards........I had a G&T with lemon on route....in one of those plastic beer mugs you get at the cricket.....the blonde (hotness to the power xxx) almost jumped in front of me......think she felt sorry for the dikgat ou oom met sy uithang pens.

Now that was a boostertjie of note

Beers was good but is now out of my system.

Not sure who is going to tie my hair for work tomorrow, but it aint gonna be me.