New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

What is the weather like over there at this time of the year. Heading to Aus next week Friday.

You heading to Sydney?

Well the weather was great when I was there the weekend before last. Going again this weekend.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably THE biggest damn thing I am struggling with in NZ is taking my damn shoes off at the door.........................

FLIP MAN! I have had plenty of gentle whispers in my ears already "your shoes...." while the head of the house is making his/her way down the passage....

Chirps by owners of other houses goes "we have nice clean carpets" or "I assume you own a carpet cleaner"

Probably THE biggest damn thing I am struggling with in NZ is taking my damn shoes off at the door.........................

FLIP MAN! I have had plenty of gentle whispers in my ears already "your shoes...." while the head of the house is making his/her way down the passage....

Chirps by owners of other houses goes "we have nice clean carpets" or "I assume you own a carpet cleaner"

That's so funny, my sister had the same issue, she reckons just like everything else, it became normal to her a few years in

Chirps by owners of other houses goes "we have nice clean carpets" or "I assume you own a carpet cleaner"

Same here in Europe

Once we were offered some house sandals as a gentle hint to remove our shoes....They were those white sandals that the hotels give you... Brand new still in the packet.

Carpet cleaning must be expensive. Now I understand. I thought my wife's family had become even more Redneck like when they removed their shoes at our door. This after Stocking up on Tupperware, plastic coat hangers, and socks and undies from Woolies.

Patches - what do you do for a living?

I'm a tea lady full time.

But part time I work for a consulting engineering firm. I manage their BIM (Building Information Modelling).

The main project I'm busy with now (as seen in the pic) involves the clash resolution of the hydraulics systems in the new Christchurch Hospital extension.

You heading to Sydney?

Well the weather was great when I was there the weekend before last. Going again this weekend.

Yup. Sydney, Melbin & Brissy.

One of the real downsides of New Zealand is Jetstar.

Sick of always being delayed and my cheap ass company cant pay a few bucks more for Air New Zealand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sick of always being delayed and my cheap ass company cant pay a few bucks more for Air New Zealand.

Look on the brightside... at least there you actually want to fly the national carrier. It's not like that everywhere  :D 

Have a good weekend Badass  :thumbup:

Yeah, I do try avoid Jetstar where I can. I flew Virgin Australia back from Sydney last night.

What is pretty cool is they use one's own electronic device for the inflight entertainment. One simly connects to the wifi on the plane and uses the Virgin Entertainment app to slect movies etc.

What isn't so cool is if you don't have the app, and don't have roaming to download it.