New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Wrong kinda bike Patches, but looks awesome

have you seen the price of 650B trail bikes...

I can't afford one... dirt bikes are cheaper, haha!

But yeah... I need to get back on the MTB. Especially with the new bike park just days from opening  :clap:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you seen the price of 650B trail bikes...

I can't afford one... dirt bikes are cheaper, haha!

But yeah... I need to get back on the MTB. Especially with the new bike park just days from opening  :clap:

That new bike park is the one major reason I envy you being in the SI. Apart from that, it's too cold that side for me!

So where is everyone for the holidays?

I think we should have somehow organized a ride day/weekend over the summer...

I am in Hahei from the 22nd - 27th Dec (with my road bike and fishing rod) and then fly to Nelson from the 27th-5th Jan (with my Intense) and then either back to Hahei or Bay of Islands or to Rotorua for the last weekend. Back to work on the 9th.

So where is everyone for the holidays?

I think we should have somehow organized a ride day/weekend over the summer...

I am in Hahei from the 22nd - 27th Dec (with my road bike and fishing rod) and then fly to Nelson from the 27th-5th Jan (with my Intense) and then either back to Hahei or Bay of Islands or to Rotorua for the last weekend. Back to work on the 9th.

I'll be looking after Auckland while you're away. Working straight through, so no time off for me right now. Available for Auckland rides most weekends.

Edited by niterider

We're off to Brisbane on Tuesday...bit of a pity, I generally like to go to the Bay of Islands over December, not this year.

I'm in Sydney from the 21st, then down to Bundanoon (Australian Southern Highlands), then maybe the Jinderbyne after Christmas, then back to Sydney to see the NYE fireworks. Then to Auckland for a week (back to work on the 9th Jan, but will work a couple of days out of that office), then finally fly back down to little old Christchurch.

In other news, the new bikepark opens tomorrow. I'll go have a look in the new year.

I will be back in SA for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Years. Taking a bike with to get some riding in with some of the old mates.

I start my leave on Thursday 22.12 (although i plan on cruising for Tuesday/Wednesday Next week)

I go back to work on 16 January.

Christmas day in AKL.

Boxing day in Pokeno

28 - 1st camping with 2 of the 3 kiddos in Doubtless bay

A good friend and his daughter are coming for a visit from RSA from the 7th to the 16th. Will go show them Rotorua and Tauranga in amongst AKL sightseeing.

I start my leave on Thursday 22.12 (although i plan on cruising for Tuesday/Wednesday Next week)

I go back to work on 16 January.

Christmas day in AKL.

Boxing day in Pokeno

28 - 1st camping with 2 of the 3 kiddos in Doubtless bay

A good friend and his daughter are coming for a visit from RSA from the 7th to the 16th. Will go show them Rotorua and Tauranga in amongst AKL sightseeing.

Sounds nice Wayne; are you renting a boat at all?

So last night I entered a 3 day stage 'race', here on the south island.

The write up says one should expect 10-15hrs per day on the bike.

Fortunately that bike is motorised, which will be needed as the total route is 1400km of offroad adventure!

The name of the event... The Dusty Butt :lol:

http://www.epicevents.co.nz/page/87-motorbike-events+dusty-butt-db1k

Sounds fun - enjoy (still the wrong bike though, Dusty)

what is the building trade like in NZ ... specifically the interior / architecture side of things ...... asking for a friend :ph34r:

Commercial or residential?

Here in Christchurch both sides are pretty busy. Loads of construction going on.