New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The grass isn't always greener....

"A South African couple left their home country to escape crime only to have it land on their front doorstep in New Zealand.

Leandra Van Apple and Ivan Venter have had their vehicles broken into three times in the past three months and are worried increasing crime could see the country end up just as dangerous as their former home."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/85078701/three-breakins-in-three-months-have-a-south-african-couple-warning-of-growing-crime

Minus the senseless violence/murder that goes with SA crime being the big differentiator.....

Just ask Wesley Snipes....!

..................(though anyone who knows how easy it is to get an 'official' SA passport must surely recognise that other countries are obliged to step up their defences)..............

Afternoon All,

So, if all goes to schedule/plan, I will be on a plane for Auckland Saturday afternoon 13h15 local time and only arrive in Auckland Monday 13h45 NZ time for, what will be a two day meet and greet, with my new employer. I will then (hopefully) jump back on the plane on Thursday to be back in Cape Town by Saturday again with a Letter of Employment starting the 9th Jan 2017.

And then all the hard work starts in rolling up our lives here and sorting out my application for my work visa.

Hope to meet some of you early in the new year!

Bit of a humblebrag but look what I have in my hot little hands (and have had for a wee while):

Congratulations! Very nice!

Did you bullet the green one?

Congratulations! Very nice!

Did you bullet the green one?

Thanks man. The green one is no longer valid, but I will keep it as a relic to show my boys when they are older...

Hi All,

Just a quick update. Dates have changed to the 17th-18th November for the two day meeting. So will fly in to land on the 16th and fly out on the 19th.

Yes, Intern, I expect to body and mind to take a bit of a blow!

P.S. My dad's 80th b-day is on the 24th, so I will drive the family up to Bloem on the 23rd. Then I can relax. :)

Hi All,

Just a quick update. Dates have changed to the 17th-18th November for the two day meeting. So will fly in to land on the 16th and fly out on the 19th.

P.S. My dad's 80th b-day is on the 24th, so I will drive the family up to Bloem on the 23rd. Then I can relax. :)

just in and out before the visa requirement starts

Hi All,

I have done the quick in and out a couple of times. A little warning. Your brain is going to be like porridge for a little while!

Jip, I am expecting to be a 'dof kop' for a while, but hopefully spending 4 or 5 days with the family will sort that out. :)

If anyone here is interested in holidaying in Whakatane this December (from 20 Dec - 2 Jan) our house will be available to rent.

Why would you holiday in Whaka?

- nice beaches

- several pristine lakes nearby

- excellent road and MTB cycling opportunities, with nearest trail starting about 2km from my front door

- Rotorua is about 80km away

- outstanding local walks/hikes

- White Island tours (active marine volcano)

- Plenty of charter fishing operators to catch a few, well, fish in the sea

- you can mangere off the bridge into the river

- you can get a 'Whaka-tastic' T-shirt to show off to your friends.

PM me if interested. 

If anyone here is interested in holidaying in Whakatane this December (from 20 Dec - 2 Jan) our house will be available to rent.

Why would you holiday in Whaka?

- nice beaches

- several pristine lakes nearby

- excellent road and MTB cycling opportunities, with nearest trail starting about 2km from my front door

- Rotorua is about 80km away

- outstanding local walks/hikes

- White Island tours (active marine volcano)

- Plenty of charter fishing operators to catch a few, well, fish in the sea

- you can mangere off the bridge into the river

- you can get a 'Whaka-tastic' T-shirt to show off to your friends.

PM me if interested. 

I can vouch for the house its amazing!!!! So want to go back and have a repeat jol with Intern & his family.