Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So i got an apple watch but i dont wear it when i go out cycling, i just dont believe in carrying a 15k phone when i cycle alone (most of the time) and carry a alcheapo just for emergencies.

I use a bryton rider 50. And for me to get the same functionality out of a lets say a garmin will cost me upwards of 7k. Why spend that money when mine works perfectly. Then i rather pay the 5k watch which works out cheaper.

Why didn't they say anything in their press release regarding trying to contact strava to get something working (the same they did with suunto and fitbit) why just say no? and here is my theory, its because they "believe" too many people are cheating, i think they did crap analysis and now sitting to fork out

If you don't carry a phone, how do you connect to Strava?

Also, if you don't use your Apple phone when you train, why did you get one? There are a lot of cheaper watches to tell the time. Just saying...

i have a bryton unit. you refering to apple phone or watch when training. ek neem aan horlosie. The main factor that most poeple get wrong, the apple watch is a SMART WATCH that can do fitness tracking. Its not a fitness device. If you want a fitness device get a fenix or ambit.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My gripe is why offer a platform only to have it removed when people find loopholes ?

i use it religiously and with no malice intended.

Rather name and shame and threaten to remove those points gained by cheaters than make everyone suffer.

surely if you roll out a program it has been tried and tested first ??

My limited project experience with the IT guys would let me guess that the development would be paid for by Disco. Still, if they are serious about getting a cheap, free way of managing the average Joe customer fitness (insert suspicious chortle here) it would probably be the most simple solution for a vast number of Disco clients, as I honestly don't think including a validation field is that hard. Not as hard as say, showing segments on a map of every ride.

these both points brings me back to what i have been saying, disco is at fault.

A question about points allocation....

If for example you go and do a park run with your heart rate monitor attached... The points available are 300 points for the park run, 100 activity points for the heart rate recorded on the run. You then stop off at the gym on your way home to smash an abs session and get another 100 points for the swipe.

From a Vitality perspective you only get the highest point count allocation (the 300 for park run) From an active rewards perspective, do the same rules apply or will you get all the points earned in that day accumulated towards your weekly goal (ie 500 points)...?

Hmm, looks like I've maxed my workout points anyway.

Time to strap the HRM to wifey.

Hmm, looks like I've maxed my workout points anyway.

Time to strap the HRM to wifey.

Doesn't matter. You can continue getting points for the rewards side. They just won't pull through for your overall points.

Time to go to Momentum Multiply .

They seem to keep the goalposts in the same place for longer periods .

Same rules

Thanks so one event per day then :thumbup: 

Edit: So if I hit the gym and hit my 10 000 step target in the same day, I'll only get 100 points for the day? 

Edited by Grebel

Doesn't matter. You can continue getting points for the rewards side. They just won't pull through for your overall points.

Unfortunately we have neither a Kauai nor Vida cafe anymore, so I haven't bothered with the rewards.

Closest Kauai is in Welkom, and Vida in Pretoria or Durban. Slightly out of the way ;)

Another question: If I am out doing a ride, should I rather do 3 "sessions" on my Fenix, ie. record my info from my home in SSW to Jonksershoek (usually an easy ride of 90 minutes at 60-65%, first session), smash Jonkershoek in 45 minutes at high intensity at 70-85%(second session), and take an easy ride home (another 90 minutes)? 

Another question: If I am out doing a ride, should I rather do 3 "sessions" on my Fenix, ie. record my info from my home in SSW to Jonksershoek (usually an easy ride of 90 minutes at 60-65%, first session), smash Jonkershoek in 45 minutes at high intensity at 70-85%(second session), and take an easy ride home (another 90 minutes)? 

To maximise your points allocation I would say yes...

Make sure you keep it as one continuous activity....if you download three they allocate points for the highest....

Unfortunately we have neither a Kauai nor Vida cafe anymore, so I haven't bothered with the rewards.

Closest Kauai is in Welkom, and Vida in Pretoria or Durban. Slightly out of the way ;)

Eish :( sounds like you live West of Mordor!

Time to go to Momentum Multiply .

They seem to keep the goalposts in the same place for longer periods .

Again. Momentum are offering nothing like this vitality active rewards thing. It was and always will be a behavioural economics thing, and they have ALWAYS said that the points allocations and partnerships will be subject to change when the raw data has come through.

Make sure you keep it as one continuous activity....if you download three they allocate points for the highest....

Recording it as a single activity though would lower the average heart rate and therefore potentially allocate a lower points value no? 

You only going to get points for the highest value allocated for the day anyway...

I have reached my max points, my Garmin workout shows on the main site but not on my active rewards APP, I am getting a bit p..ed off with this Smoothy story, lots of frustration for nothing, the flights discount thing are "coming soon" for 3 months now been advertised for about 6 months.... :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: .

I have de-linked my Garmin and re-linked - nothing.