Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

No, it was always 70% plus for 600 points for an exercise between an hour and 90 minutes. 

It's now moving to 80% plus. 

In your example, you'd have received 300 points previously. Going forwards (from 2nd April) you'll get 100. 

Thanks, I am going to uninstall this app, the day they add the discounts on flights I will rethink.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Tapiriik mimics a garmin device for you. 

Thanks for the info re Tapiriik Pure Savage & Myles!

Just want to make sure I get this. I have a Suunto device, which links with Suunto's MovesCount software, which in turn links with Strava, which is linked to Discovery. In order to continue qualifiying for the benefit after 2 April I need to create GC and Tapiriik accounts and link the GC account with Discovery. So the path would look like this: Suunto - MovesCount - Strava - Tapiriik - GC - Discovery. Right?

I've tried the MapMyFitness story. It links with Discovery, but the syncing between MovesCount and MapMyFitness is not working, even though it says it's activated!!  

Strange thing: all my previous workouts have been in the 20-59 timeframe (300 points)

This morning, I've got a 30-44min moderate workout (100 points)

Moderate vs vigorous. What was your average HR?

Just want to make sure I get this. I have a Suunto device, which links with Suunto's MovesCount software, which in turn links with Strava, which is linked to Discovery. In order to continue qualifiying for the benefit after 2 April I need to create GC and Tapiriik accounts and link the GC account with Discovery. So the path would look like this: Suunto - MovesCount - Strava - Tapiriik - GC - Discovery. Right?

I've tried the MapMyFitness story. It links with Discovery, but the syncing between MovesCount and MapMyFitness is not working, even though it says it's activated!!  

Good to know it's happening with you as well! 

I was investigating this for a client of mine, and found his link wasn't active between MMF & MC. Activated it, but the 2 platforms aren't speaking to each other. Not even when doing a manual sync!

Moderate vs vigorous. What was your average HR?

this morning was a Grid class, 40min at 122bpm (65% of 220-age)

Yesterday's 45min wattbike session at 134bpm (72%) got me 300 vigorous points

this morning was a Grid class, 40min at 122bpm (65% of 220-age)

Yesterday's 45min wattbike session at 134bpm (72%) got me 300 vigorous points

There you go. 65% is "moderate" so you got the points based on the "moderate" scale.

There you go. 65% is "moderate" so you got the points based on the "moderate" scale.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - it's not the activity rating which was strange, it's the time - 30-44min. Never seen that before.

Always been 20-59 or more.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - it's not the activity rating which was strange, it's the time - 30-44min. Never seen that before.

Actually the whole week has been messed up:

post-508-0-80772000-1457602188_thumb.png

Double points on 1 day etc...

Edited by wonduhboy

I have probably de-linked / re-linked my Movescount account 5 times. The last time I did this was early January. Haven't had any missed sessions since then.

Scratch that - I see it's only picking up activities when it feels like. About 50% of my activities are missing. Tapiriik here I come!

Edited by Koei

Good to know it's happening with you as well! 

I was investigating this for a client of mine, and found his link wasn't active between MMF & MC. Activated it, but the 2 platforms aren't speaking to each other. Not even when doing a manual sync!

Ja shot Myles. I just got myself a GC account and 'Tapiriik'ed' the heck out of it. Going Suunto-Movescount-Strava-Tapariik-GC-Discovery is quite a process but atleast it will run automatically once it's all set up.

However, Discovery is apparently working with Suunto to create a direct link before the end of this month. Will see what comes of that.

Movescount and MapMyFitness aren't speaking to each other. Although you can 'add the connection' between the two, no files ever get sent accross.

Ja shot Myles. I just got myself a GC account and 'Tapiriik'ed' the heck out of it. Going Suunto-Movescount-Strava-Tapariik-GC-Discovery is quite a process but atleast it will run automatically once it's all set up.

However, Discovery is apparently working with Suunto to create a direct link before the end of this month. Will see what comes of that.

Movescount and MapMyFitness aren't speaking to each other. Although you can 'add the connection' between the two, no files ever get sent accross.

reckon that much IT admin deserves a smoothie whether you actually end up exercising or not

No, it's just the "moderate" scale that has a different time allocation to the "vigorous" scale. 

Actually the whole week has been messed up:

attachicon.gifimage1.PNG

Double points on 1 day etc...

compared to mine... All recorded with a Garmin. Possible that Sunday's ride wasn't a high enough HR for the duration.

ab1a440ffb24473f504c90190733f144.jpg

I signed up for cadence yesterday...the self loops program used for training can be uploaded to strava...but no points for strava from next month...the sessions record heart rate...cadence and power...any ideas on where to upload the self loops results to get the vitality points?

I signed up for cadence yesterday...the self loops program used for training can be uploaded to strava...but no points for strava from next month...the sessions record heart rate...cadence and power...any ideas on where to upload the self loops results to get the vitality points?

I have the same problem at Power Performance Centre, they use Cycleops Virtual Training, and i dont know what to do (they havent been helpful). 

and i think its poor form by Team Vitality to only  have the races updated until March 21. I want to enter Emperor's Palace Classic and entries close on March 28, its over R400 which i think is very high and I would like to know if I am getting cash back before I enter. Have told them to get with it!