Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Sorry for harping on here.... with the device booster, can that be used together with Healthy Gear or is it a case of either or? 

Either or.

If you miss any of your goals for the month, do you forfeit the benefit completely or is it only for that 4 week cycle and then the benefit continues when you start achieving your goals again?

You just loose money, you get like 10 or 15% back for 3 goals and 25% for 4 goals.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for harping on here.... with the device booster, can that be used together with Healthy Gear or is it a case of either or? 

If you miss any of your goals for the month, do you forfeit the benefit completely or is it only for that 4 week cycle and then the benefit continues when you start achieving your goals again?

From my understanding, and I think I finally have this right, but Healthy Gear is a once off cash back saving.

Gear booster is a separate entity and you only pay for the weeks you miss - according to my employer who've missed 2 weeks on his apple watch gear booster.

All explained on the website and a link to more info in pdf download https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/fitness-booster-device

Either or.

You just loose money, you get like 10 or 15% back for 3 goals and 25% for 4 goals.

From my understanding, and I think I finally have this right, but Healthy Gear is a once off cash back saving.

Gear booster is a separate entity and you only pay for the weeks you miss - according to my employer who've missed 2 weeks on his apple watch gear booster.

All explained on the website and a link to more info in pdf download https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/fitness-booster-device

Thanks Just had a read on the website.

For those not interested in reading here is a summary as I understand it:

Both benefits can be used together. You get your initial 25% cash back after your purchase (Max R4000 per device) and there after you get up to 50% of your device purchase back (Max R4000 spend) split over 24 months provided you achieve 4 goals a month. The cash back works on a sliding scale starting from 2 goals @ 10%, 3 goals @ 25% and 4 goals @50%.

The more you miss the more you lose and you can't play catch up. Its a defined 24 month period.

To try and save someone else a lot of frustration, the Discovery miles in-store payment option is currently not available with no indication of the turn around time to resolve the issue.....

I spent over an hour last night uninstalling and re installing the app and searching on their site and Google/YouTube trying to figure out what I was missing.

Their latest App "upgrade" is really k@k at the moment.... 

Serious noob question.

I have only started on Vitality at the beginning of Feb.

Did my declaration and Vitality age, so currently sitting on Bronze.

If I do my health assessment I will comfortably get to Silver.

Will this up my weekly goal I need to achieve though, which is currently at 500 points per week??

If yes, what would it increase to?

Serious noob question.

Will this up my weekly goal I need to achieve though, which is currently at 500 points per week??

No, the active goal is independent of having done the assessments, and is tied solely to activity. 

AFAIK your weekly rewards goal is determined by your ability to achieve the previous weeks goal. If you are not able to achieve your goal that week, your target remains the same. It usually increases by 50-100 points a week. When I have been inactive for an extended period, my target has come down (Probably to encourage me to get off my arse and exercise...) My mate's target however is 900 points and it hasn't changed regardless of how many weeks he misses his target. I think that once you achieve the 900 points, it locks in at that target.

Serious noob question.

I you reach your goals continuously, you'll be at 900 very soon. That is still easily reachable though.... Discovery doesn't dish out the "rewards" without some effort from members.

Enjoy and make the most of the benefits.

AFAIK your weekly rewards goal is determined by your ability to achieve the previous weeks goal. If you are not able to achieve your goal that week, your target remains the same. It usually increases by 50-100 points a week. When I have been inactive for an extended period, my target has come down (Probably to encourage me to get off my arse and exercise...) My mate's target however is 900 points and it hasn't changed regardless of how many weeks he misses his target. I think that once you achieve the 900 points, it locks in at that target.

Correct. Cap for normal option is 900 p/w and endurance is 1200 p/w

Myles, please get them to fix the pay in store with miles option..... I need to buy something..... and I don't have a lot of patience. I want my stuff yesterday.

:clap:

Even when I worked FOR Discovery, there was a standard response to that sort of request. Ja well no fine, we're working on it. 

:clap:

Even when I worked FOR Discovery, there was a standard response to that sort of request. Ja well no fine, we're working on it. 

Same same then.... 

The response I got was that "it was a systems issue with no turn around time at this stage. Please keep checking back to see if it has been resolved"........

I have done all the research and I want to buy something. Yesterday. Dammit.

Is there a way out of the Endurance category, to drop back to the 900 points per week category?

Asking for a friend, seriously.

Well seeing as endurance requires and application and a test I think, there simply an off button?

Is there a way out of the Endurance category, to drop back to the 900 points per week category?

Asking for a friend, seriously.

Don't you need to satisfy ongoing eligibility criteria to stay on the program? I would assume that if you no longer meet the criteria you would come off the program and revert back to the standard rewards program.