Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Don't you need to satisfy ongoing eligibility criteria to stay on the program? I would assume that if you no longer meet the criteria you would come off the program and revert back to the standard rewards program.

I wouldn’t know as I’ve remained on 900 - easy to get there when ill.

A friends wants to drop back but we can’t find any info anywhere.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t know as I’ve remained on 900 - easy to get there when ill.

A friends wants to drop back but we can’t find any info anywhere.

Only thing I could suggest would be to call the vitality call centre and see if they can help.

Serious noob question.

I have only started on Vitality at the beginning of Feb.

Did my declaration and Vitality age, so currently sitting on Bronze.

If I do my health assessment I will comfortably get to Silver.

Will this up my weekly goal I need to achieve though, which is currently at 500 points per week??

If yes, what would it increase to?

So I did this last year after staying on bronze for a few years. I went to gold in a year by collecting points wherever available. A health assessment does give plenty points but its dependent on the results. The more categories your pass, the higher the score.

Your weekly goal only increases as you meet your weekly goal to a max of 900 points. This is the problem, you need to get points every week. But as you get points, your goal keeps increasing.

But if you start now its not that hard to get to Gold

So I did this last year after staying on bronze for a few years. I went to gold in a year by collecting points wherever available. A health assessment does give plenty points but its dependent on the results. The more categories your pass, the higher the score.

Your weekly goal only increases as you meet your weekly goal to a max of 900 points. This is the problem, you need to get points every week. But as you get points, your goal keeps increasing.

But if you start now its not that hard to get to Gol

That's how I understood it too.

My weekly goals are very manageable at the moment.

I can see at 900 per week if anything goes astray at home, I would struggle to meet the goal.

For example, I am commuting by motorbike due to my car being in for a warranty repair so it means no roof rack, so no cycling this week. Walking only gets you so many points.

That's how I understood it too.

My weekly goals are very manageable at the moment.

I can see at 900 per week if anything goes astray at home, I would struggle to meet the goal.

For example, I am commuting by motorbike due to my car being in for a warranty repair so it means no roof rack, so no cycling this week. Walking only gets you so many points.

As far as I know, the only penalty for not achieving your weekly goals are the loss in cash back for any of the boosters that you have activated and the chance to play the board.

What ever points you earn that week towards your goal, regardless of whether you hit your target or not, will accumulate towards your Gold total (Up to a max of 30 000 fitness points and max 1000 points for 5000-9999 steps a day)

Once you reach your fitness cap (30 000) you will still earn points but they will only accumulate towards your weekly goal and no longer be added to your running Vitality total.

As far as I know, the only penalty for not achieving your weekly goals are the loss in cash back for any of the boosters that you have activated and the chance to play the board.

What ever points you earn that week towards your goal, regardless of whether you hit your target or not, will accumulate towards your Gold total (Up to a max of 30 000 fitness points and max 1000 points for 5000-9999 steps a day)

Once you reach your fitness cap (30 000) you will still earn points but they will only accumulate towards your weekly goal and no longer be added to your running Vitality total.

Correct, except they've also capped the points for 10,000 plus steps to a certain amount each month. 

Correct, except they've also capped the points for 10,000 plus steps to a certain amount each month.

1200 per month on overall goals, no effect to weekly.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

Too many people attaching their fitness devices to their dogs while they are at work......? :ph34r:

Nah, the argument is that steps are of little long term value to your health, which is medically very true. The idea is to use steps as the gate between getting your ass off the couch and doing some real exercise, cycling, running, gym, etc.

There are short term gains to your health, but simply taking steps does not really translate into cardio vascular health, which is primarily what the vital program aims to promote, as there are a lot of fringe benefits and associated risk reductions, exercise reduces stress which in turn reduced blood pressure. Most people who ecercise tend to me more conscience about what they eat, they also tend to consume alcahol more concervatively.

Exercise as a hole creates motivation and self challenge, if you lifting weights you tend to push urself to either do more reps or push heavier weights, running/cycling/swimming you either want to go further or faster.

Before I even had medical aid I came to a personal realisation that going from 78 in high school wearing a size 32 pants, to being in my mid 20s at a desk job closing in on 125kg and a size 46,something had to change, and it started with walking the dog loved it got to a point were 10k steps for me was a single walk with the dog but after a few months it's benefits on my weight loss ended, I had reached the limits of stepping benefits and that lead me to jogging them running then gun run 10k,2 Oceans half, next came mtb and trail running, my longest race to date is 60km mtb and 30k trail. I briefly took up crossfit and have taken up swimming as for me I have gone as far as I care with running, cycling goals are pretty big and expensive so in the mean time tri is the next step, already done the duos.

I am an example of the extreme case of what discovery Is attempting to promote. Although I am pretty sure some people comrades or k2c all started with 10k steps for vitality.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Is it just me is is it every time I want to look at points that there's always a message points not yet calculated, and this is for events two weeks ago?  While I know I'm reaching my goals every week, my wife is bitching because she cant see where she is relative to her goals

Is it just me is is it every time I want to look at points that there's always a message points not yet calculated, and this is for events two weeks ago? While I know I'm reaching my goals every week, my wife is bitching because she cant see where she is relative to her goals

Could just be you, I have no current problems, try resetting the apps cache/data and see if that gets around it.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Not the app

It’s on the website as well. Same with the wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I have never used that, log in once a year to do the online assessment.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Is it just me is is it every time I want to look at points that there's always a message points not yet calculated, and this is for events two weeks ago?  While I know I'm reaching my goals every week, my wife is bitching because she cant see where she is relative to her goals

I had an issue a few weeks ago where my Vitality Drive Rewards odometer wasn't updating on the app. I could see my trips being logged on the DQ track site though... 

I called Discovery and they said it was a systems fault with no indication of turnaround time. I waited a week and still with no progress, I handed it over to my broker.

Issue was resolved within a few days and I was "backpayed" my missed rewards the next Wednesday.

My advice would be to contact your broker and let them sort it out.