Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Can Diamonds be transferred to someone else if the person cancels her Vitality. My sister got 3 Diamonds and wants to cancel her Vitality, so I am hoping Vitality can transfer them to me. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Not sure if they are transferable, but they could be redeemed as vouchers for someone to use 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if they are transferable, but they could be redeemed as vouchers for someone to use 

yeah, my sister had points that were about to expire, could not find anything she wanted at Cape Union Mart so bought vouchers and handed them out as Christmas gifts

In Vitality's Favour. I will be a happy customer  :clap:

I think when it comes to happiness, they are primarily concerned with the happiness of their shareholders...

Also, their IT dept would be unhappy with having to build this process - perhaps that's in the next code drop...? 

I'm trying to get all the facts for the vitality gym booster, but like most companies, VA wants to deal via the telephone, so in spite of the phone call, I have no idea what was said over the fuzzy line and getting the info emailed is too much to ask.

Can some of you please advise? I want to join a VA branch, just 1 because only singular branches qualify for vitality discounts from the pdf I read. The thing is, the shortest contract they offer is for 1 year and I won't be in this country for another year. Say I up and left in March, that means there will be 9 months left on the contract and thus 9 months worth of cancellation penalties? It sounds like the cancellation penalty is also subject to your qualifying vitality discount, right? So if the gym was R300 pm, that would be R1890 penalty after discount? Over the phone I heard something closer to R380 cancellation on a 8 month penalty, which didn't sound right.

To answer my own question from last week:

They calculate cancellation based on the vitality gym rate i.e. the R900-something membership -75% flat rate discount, which in my case was R237,50 per month. So if I cancelled 8 months early, it will be [(R237.50 x 8 months) x0.4% cancellation fee]. The numbers in the phone call was wrong and lower than what I was told in person, but still competent and worthwhile on vitality.

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future who may have the same query.

Discovery and takealot link has a serious glitch.

Tried using R640 worth of miles this morning, and was paying the balance with my disco credit card. Then system throws an error , order goes through but without payment :oops: .

Go back to do it and all the miles are gone :cursing: :cursing:

Had to log a call to Discovery card, they will do a reversal but takes 3-5 days.

Not sure if I missed this further back, but I see that Huawei is now included under devices and apps that can be connected (but not allowing me to connect the Huawei Health app on my Samsung phone at the moment).

Not sure if I missed this further back, but I see that Huawei is now included under devices and apps that can be connected (but not allowing me to connect the Huawei Health app on my Samsung phone at the moment).

I installed the Samsung Health app on the wife's Huawei. She's getting her points that way, by syncing her gear fit 2

I installed the Samsung Health app on the wife's Huawei. She's getting her points that way, by syncing her gear fit 2

Haha. I'm trying to do the opposite - Huawei Health app on Samsung phone with Huawei Watch 2. (While waiting to replace my broken Garmin.)

Ok, all working now (I think I was having a slow internet connection issue.)

Happened to me too with Takealot. Eventually got the miles back after a number of phone calls.

got the miles back, so thats a relief.

So was another tough year getting to gold [emoji39][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

That was quick, well done.

Wife and I have a long way to go, 73700 to maintain diamond.

Flip that was quick!

Online know your vitality age

Health check

Fitness assessment

a few road running races @ 1500pts

Averaging 1800pts per week from training

Needed 50pts yesterday, so went for a walk around the block to get up to 5000 steps :)

Edited by shaper

Online know your vitality age

Health check

Fitness assessment

a few road running races @ 1500pts

Averaging 1800pts per week from training

Needed 50pts yesterday, so went for a walk around the block to get up to 5000 steps :)

We need another 72240 points to stay on Diamond so will have to up my game to keep up with the Hub clan!  :thumbup:

Online Know your Vitality age - check

Health check - check

Fitness assessment - Need to find the time

races - got a few arranged for the year

i only average about 1000 points a week