Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Picked up a Garmin 235 yesterday so I can get more points training with HR. This watch is amazeballs. All notifications from my phone get sent straight to it, as good as any smartwatch I reckon.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a Garmin 235 yesterday so I can get more points training with HR. This watch is amazeballs. All notifications from my phone get sent straight to it, as good as any smartwatch I reckon.

Give us feedback in a months time in regards to the "Elevate" accuracy please?

Really looking forward to getting a wrist based HRM reader but waiting till all wrinkles have been ironed out.

Plus I prefer the forerunner triathlon range (920XT) over the Fenix range, never thought i would after owning a Fenix 2 myself but the 920XT has sold me.

Sorry if this has been posted but what App do you use with the Apple Watch to get Vitality Points? Strava doesn't seem to record heart rate? So if one is training on a treadmill or Spinning bike ie: not moving how do you get your "vigorous device workout" points - Thanks

I rode with my Apple Watch for the first time yesterday and it did show heart rate. I din't change any settings it just worked. Oh I did have to activate "Heart Rate" on the Health App - don't know if this has anything to do with it. Silly question, but does your watch pick up your heart rate? 

Picks up heart rate - just doesn't seem to record it on Strava?

Strava doesn't like static activities. It likes to record movement as well as heart rate.

Use the exercise app on the watch. Should be able to do it. Then set it to sync with Strava and the discovery app

Edited by Myles Mayhew

how do you guys rate the polar M400 gps watch?

One of my friends have one and is very impressed with it.

What do you want to use it for?

I have the V800 and love the unit. V800 is the big brother of the M400.

Strava doesn't like static activities. It likes to record movement as well as heart rate.

Use the exercise app on the watch. Should be able to do it. Then set it to sync with Strava and the discovery app

Thanks Myles - which exercise app on the watch?

Has anyone here used a Polar Loop with HRM to accumulate Vitality points for exercise? Not talking only about the step data, but also the up to 3000 points per session for exercise data coupled to heart rate.

What about the Garmin Vivofit? Will that also do it?

Thanks

One of my friends have one and is very impressed with it.

What do you want to use it for?

I have the V800 and love the unit. V800 is the big brother of the M400.

Het jy rerig vriende meisie ?

how do you guys rate the polar M400 gps watch?

Enjoy mine, use it mostly for running. Done a couple of MTB rides, 947 with it without a problem with GPS connections.

Run with GPS gives me +/- 8 hours batt life; bought a foot-pod for the Comrades for the extra few hours. Running faster is an option but then I will have to train harder  :whistling:

Foot-pod is not that accurate as GPS though....but still good enough.

Enjoy mine, use it mostly for running. Done a couple of MTB rides, 947 with it without a problem with GPS connections.

Run with GPS gives me +/- 8 hours batt life; bought a foot-pod for the Comrades for the extra few hours. Running faster is an option but then I will have to train harder  :whistling:

Foot-pod is not that accurate as GPS though....but still good enough.

The foot pod should be more accurate as it auto calibrates to your stride.....it will be debated by the statistic monsters that GPS is not all that accurate...

Don't count your coffees before they hatch.

Vida is not appearing as a reward in the app today and the store I visited has a sign up that says we cannot accept Discovery vouchers as they (Disco) are having a problem with their systems which are off-line.

Best you go for a Kauai.

Think I'll have all 3 now ????

post-271-1454061484,7278.jpg