Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

At the risk of flogging a nearly dead horse, why cant Disco do this deal on a Samsung Gear S3?

Say hello to Apple Watch Series 2

44523DHV-Vitality-Active-Rewards-with-Ap

I asked them, and got this answer:

Thank you for contacting us. 

We do not offer the Samsung Gear as we are not contracted with Samsung.

We are contracted with Apple as they are part of the Discovery Card benefits.

We will forward your email to our Partner Operations Department to advise them on your suggestion to partner with Samsung as it is a preferred partner

Edited by splat

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st initial shoe booster worked great, this month... no refund. Back to queries it seems .

Queried my Shoe Booster cash back on Wednesday (the first one from the 75% portion), as nothing showed after all the other usual cash back amounts came through by SMS.

They replied today saying the usual... It was a problem, but is now fixed. You'll get the cash back during the next payment cycle.

Team Vitality cash back also hasn't paid - FastOne and R4S... this one seems to be on the list of "continuous queries". Will have to suck it up and continuing to query it.

i'm going to wait till end next week before I get in contact with them. I noticed last month they paid the "cash backs" on a different days so maybe the billing is all skew again.

At the risk of flogging a nearly dead horse, why cant Disco do this deal on a Samsung Gear S3?

Say hello to Apple Watch Series 2

44523DHV-Vitality-Active-Rewards-with-Ap

I asked them, and got this answer:

Thank you for contacting us. 

We do not offer the Samsung Gear as we are not contracted with Samsung.

We are contracted with Apple as they are part of the Discovery Card benefits.

We will forward your email to our Partner Operations Department to advise them on your suggestion to partner with Samsung as it is a preferred partner

Same reason they dont give the deal with Garmins...

Apple is much better at gathering and utlising the data, Samsung has a lot of gadgets and gimmicks but data mining is where Apple is miles ahead.

Apple is much better at gathering and utlising the data, Samsung has a lot of gadgets and gimmicks but data mining is where Apple is miles ahead.

Yep. One data outlet vs bajilions

Yep. One data outlet vs bajilions

Not sure if I understand that, but I dont like it  :thumbdown:

Not sure if I understand that, but I dont like it  :thumbdown:

simple terms. 

Apple watch & garmin watch etc collect user & exercise data. 

Apple & garmin etc use user movement and purchase (through itunes / apple store etc) to determine consumer behaviour characteristics. They use that to market and develop products for their target market.

Discovery use that data to determine the extent of correlation between exercise data, consumer behaviour & overall "wellness", mortality, health claims.

This saves them cash, as they can better tailor their products to suit the ones they insure, and provide incentives to exercise / behave a certain way in order to further reduce their claims. Which drives the cost of healthcare down, which saves them cash, which saves YOU cash, as they don't have to pay 2x anymore. 

It's easier to access a SINGLE source of information (Apple) than it is to access multiple sources of information (Samsung / HTC / LG / Motorola etc)

Hence - partnership with Apple. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

simple terms. 

Apple watch & garmin watch etc collect user & exercise data. 

Apple & garmin etc use user movement and purchase (through itunes / apple store etc) to determine consumer behaviour characteristics. They use that to market and develop products for their target market.

Discovery use that data to determine the extent of correlation between exercise data, consumer behaviour & overall "wellness", mortality, health claims.

This saves them cash, as they can better tailor their products to suit the ones they insure, and provide incentives to exercise / behave a certain way in order to further reduce their claims. Which drives the cost of healthcare down, which saves them cash, which saves YOU cash, as they don't have to pay 2x anymore. 

It's easier to access a SINGLE source of information (Apple) than it is to access multiple sources of information (Samsung / HTC / LG / Motorola etc)

Hence - partnership with Apple. 

Also Apple spends tons of money on partnering with universities, corporates etc and write software that can draw correlations between data and behaviour. 

Google/Samsung on the other hand focus their R&D on gimics 3D glasses, wrap around screens, flexible screens etc

Queried my Shoe Booster cash back on Wednesday (the first one from the 75% portion), as nothing showed after all the other usual cash back amounts came through by SMS.

They replied today saying the usual... It was a problem, but is now fixed. You'll get the cash back during the next payment cycle.

Team Vitality cash back also hasn't paid - FastOne and R4S... this one seems to be on the list of "continuous queries". Will have to suck it up and continuing to query it.

i'm going to wait till end next week before I get in contact with them. I noticed last month they paid the "cash backs" on a different days so maybe the billing is all skew again.

First month's (Feb) shoe booster cash back has just been paid - R125.

Now to wait for the (usual) slow feedback from Team Vitality. Perhaps put some odds down on which I will received first... L'EtapeSA refund or Team Vitality cash back.

Now to wait for the (usual) slow feedback from Team Vitality. Perhaps put some odds down on which I will received first... L'EtapeSA refund or Team Vitality cash back.

I am still waiting for them to refund me R600 - they triple charged me for the shoe booster activation on the 24th Feb.

I am also waiting for them to fix my percentage cash back from 15% to 25% and pay me the difference (if you are pregnant you don't have to do the fitness test, just need to tell them at the vitality check you are pregnant in order to qualify for the full 25%). 

I am also waiting for my 2 rewards from last week that I didn't get (issue with double up points for pregnancy which has been there for months and still not fixed).

sigh... it seems like a constant fight at the moment.

Got my gym booster back this morning, still waiting for the shoe booster which is usually quite quick an sms after the gym booster... we wait in anticipation....

That's my understanding too. The cash back is from the healthy gear card and then you still get miles if you pay with your Disco CC.

You don't need a disco CC to get cash back from Sportsmans.

Just read up on your rewards for your CC spend if your Disco medical claims are "excessive".

I also got the R125 for Shoe Booster back this morning....

So far, so good!

Still waiting on shoe booster cash back, sent a mail this morning so let's see what they have to say.