Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I wanted to join the gym yesterday... R1725 joining fee??? :wacko:  Are they having a laugh? (probably are, on the way to the bank...)

No such charge levied on Momentum members either...

Can't afford to shell out R2k just to get a gym membership  :thumbdown:  

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to join the gym yesterday... R1725 joining fee??? :wacko:  Are they having a laugh? (probably are, on the way to the bank...)

No such charge on Momentum, but momentum now only do a flat 25% discount. 

You work it back over around 4 months if you consider the 75% saving on ~R 600p.m

Short answer - No. 

They're weekly goals. Even though you have an ITB strain you can still do other stuff at the gym. If there's a broken bone or you undergo surgery, THEN you can attempt to get a reprieve for a couple weeks by emailing Vitality together with proof of the procedure you underwent, and get it suspended for a while. 

Slightly shorter answer - there should be for things that legitimately prevent you from doing any exercise at all. But it's at their own discretion. 

Not Even this....

I got hit off my MTB by a Double Cab on the 1st October, breaking my distal femur in the process ending me in ICU..

On Coming out I sent the Medical Certificate to Discovery saying I was Unable to walk for 12 weeks and would they put a Hold on My Gym Visit Counter and the Discovery Rewards targets..

The Reply was they would give me 2 free accesses on my Gym tracker for October November and December (6 in total) but they couldn't do anything about my Rewards..

Thus I missed 12 weeks targets at 900 points in a row... More amusingly they never even dropped after 12 weeks at all... on week 17 I was able to do enough exercise to get 900 points and finally hit a target again...

Not Even this....

I got hit off my MTB by a Double Cab on the 1st October, breaking my distal femur in the process ending me in ICU..

On Coming out I sent the Medical Certificate to Discovery saying I was Unable to walk for 12 weeks and would they put a Hold on My Gym Visit Counter and the Discovery Rewards targets..

The Reply was they would give me 2 free accesses on my Gym tracker for October November and December (6 in total) but they couldn't do anything about my Rewards..

Thus I missed 12 weeks targets at 900 points in a row... More amusingly they never even dropped after 12 weeks at all... on week 17 I was able to do enough exercise to get 900 points and finally hit a target again...

eeeeeeiiiina... 

Not Even this....

Ouch!

We cancelled my wife's membership, they waved this stick at us. Mother of two, with a husband that disappears cycling in the morning. Gym is not likely going to happen. She has signed up to Ballet for R200 a month and is loving it.

I got similar response from Disco as Veebee. Bought my shoes in Feb, will only get cash back in April

Interesting, I also bought in Feb and got cash back in March (although it was the incorrect amount).

what does it take to get your target decreased? I haven't reached my weekly target since end of Jan but I'm still on 900.

Takes around four months and then it start dropping by 50 a week., My wifes dropped from 600 to 400 during March after not meeting target since December.

Interesting, I also bought in Feb and got cash back in March (although it was the incorrect amount).

Bought shoes in Feb, and received my second cash back yesterday. But have been on the apple watch benefit for 12 Months so that might be why it came through earlier.

Also received the incorrect amount 21/2 times what it should have been last month.

anyone know when Mug n Bean will be active?

I think fairly soon, as Mugg and bean have put up posters already, received message from Discovery two weeks ago that M&B not ready yet so lets see in May.

Edited by Cheese

Did you get cash back for shoe booster or the cash back for using your healthy gear card ?

I received the 25% cash back for healthy gear already. Now just waiting on the shoe booster to work.

No such charge on Momentum, but momentum now only do a flat 25% discount.

You work it back over around 4 months if you consider the 75% saving on ~R 600p.m

All great and well earning it back over 4 months, but times are tough right now and I can't afford to shell out R2.5k on gym fees in one go. Unless I don't want to eat for the rest of the month. Or I could sell a bicycle :whistling:  

Edited by SpecialK

My Activities (as few as they have been) are still not updating. This just stopped towards the end of January. Disco says I have to now send them screenshots of the Garmin activities for them to manually update my points. But damn why are they STILL not updating?

I have delinked, relinked. Uninstalled Garmin connect and reinstalled etc. Any ideas on what the issue could be?