Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I use a Wahoo Tickr X HRM, which is connected to TrainerRoad during the workout.

But it sounds like I should rather connect the HRM to my Garmin watch, and the trainer to the phone?

Which would suck since my TrainerRoad workout wouldn't have any HR data associated.

Install (assuming you have an Android device) Samsung S-Health and pair your strap via Bluetooth to your phone. Record your activity on S-Health and sync with Discovery. That way your Trainerroad runs as normal, but you can still get your Vitality points.

Nevermind just saw iPad/iPhone

Edited by bertusras

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Wahoo Tickr X HRM, which is connected to TrainerRoad during the workout.

But it sounds like I should rather connect the HRM to my Garmin watch, and the trainer to the phone?

Which would suck since my TrainerRoad workout wouldn't have any HR data associated.

HRM should be able to stay connected on trainerroad and be able to be recorded with your garmin, no need to be unpaired from what you record with for trainerroad

^^^^

This. You can keep the HRM connected to both TR and Garmin. I run mine like.

Received my cash back for Shova and 947 this morning, as well as cash back from Sportsmans Warehouse for shoes for my daughter that I bought on Sunday.

Discovery sent a message now that my shoe booster has been resolved, but I have to wait for the next billing cycle to receive that cash back.

Shoe booster sorted and 25% cash back received for the initial spend.

Shoe booster sorted and 25% cash back received for the initial spend.

Was your purchase over R2000? For Salomons, I assume it would be.

Curious to know what your 25% was... R500

I got an SMS this morning saying everything was resolved. 15% cash back on R2000 and not the full value of the shoes (R2300). Not sure if I should query this or just leave it as a bad taste in the mouth, suck it up and move on. At least I can start wearing/using my shoes now.

I got an SMS this morning saying everything was resolved. 15% cash back on R2000 and not the full value of the shoes (R2300). Not sure if I should query this or just leave it as a bad taste in the mouth, suck it up and move on. At least I can start wearing/using my shoes now.

Purchase was R2000, got the Salomons on special so R500 cash back.

The time and effort you will have to put in may not be all that worth it to chase them for the full cash back, but as you said now you can start using the shoes. I also kept them in the box until this was sorted.

^^^^

This. You can keep the HRM connected to both TR and Garmin. I run mine like.

Thanks, guys.

I was under the impression bluetooth devices can only connect to one other device at a time.

If I can do it this way, I should be able connect speed/cadence to both iPad + watch as well?

Thanks, guys.

I was under the impression bluetooth devices can only connect to one other device at a time.

If I can do it this way, I should be able connect speed/cadence to both iPad + watch as well?

Your Garmin will be Ant+ and not bluetooth.  Which Garmin you got?

G.  I think you need to go look at the shoe booster T&C's again as you only get back on R2000.  Seems you missed it?

Enjoy your new running shoes

Each Vitality Active Rewards member 18 years and older will have access to one pair of running shoes with Shoe Booster each calendar year. Shoe Booster will be available for road running, trail running and lightweight running shoes at Sportsmans Warehouse for 3 months from 14 January to 14 April 2017, after which it may be limited to selected brands. Cash back applies to the first R2 000 of the retail price of the running shoes.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-oct16-run-your-way-to-new-shoes

For me I got shoes for R2800, so in reality they will cost me R800 in total provided I hit all the rewards.  Which will be paid back as 25% cash back of R500 (which have already received) and R1500 split over the months. As I only bought my shoes in Feb will expect the booster payback to start in March.

Edited by shaper

G.  I think you need to go look at the shoe booster T&C's again as you only get back on R2000.  Seems you missed it?

Enjoy your new running shoes

Each Vitality Active Rewards member 18 years and older will have access to one pair of running shoes with Shoe Booster each calendar year. Shoe Booster will be available for road running, trail running and lightweight running shoes at Sportsmans Warehouse for 3 months from 14 January to 14 April 2017, after which it may be limited to selected brands. Cash back applies to the first R2 000 of the retail price of the running shoes.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-oct16-run-your-way-to-new-shoes

For me I got shoes for R2800, so in reality they will cost me R800 in total provided I hit all the rewards.  Which will be paid back as 25% cash back of R500 (which have already received) and R1500 split over the months. As I only bought my shoes in Feb will expect the booster payback to start in March.

Thanks.

They called me back a few minutes ago to apologise for the delay, and to advise that the cash back has been paid. I then took the opportunity to query the terms of the 25% cash back, with your reply fresh in my mind.

In short, they explained that the shoe booster rewards doesn't fall under the normal cash back loyalty program when using the HealthyGear card at Sportsmans Warehouse - it's a standalone loyalty rewards item. A number of people were (and still are) getting confused (not only me) as they were also expecting up to 25% of the purchase value of the shoes, and then the 75% of R2000. 

The can't stop saying they are sorry for the inconvenience - even though I know I was wrong.

Your Garmin will be Ant+ and not bluetooth.  Which Garmin you got?

I have a Fenix 2 and have been using Bluetooth for connecting to the HRM.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the way to work this morning and was siting in the traffic minding my own business and a Polo decided to create a Polo -Honda - Merc Sandwich. 

I am ok, just a headache. Discovery has been incredible. 

As soon as the dust had settled and I had pulled over, the phone rang with discovery on the line asking if I was ok. They are alerted with the disco track thing. I told them I am ok but the car is in need of a tow. They told me what photos I needed and chatted to me to make sure I was calm. 

By the time I had taken all the photos and moaned about my smashed up bike rack. A dude arrived with a golf cap on, greeted me by name and said everything will be alright and he will handle it from here. Made sure i had all the details, helped empty my car into the wife's car. (Was only 1km from home) He then liaised with flat bed to pick me up. He also stepped in and shooed away the vultures that arrived in their tow truck bakkies. 

The dude that hit me must have had a brain fart, I don't think he was on his phone. I couldn't even find my phone as I keep it out of hands reach and it had been thrown around in accident. The police were quick and painless.

I am hoping they can fix the car as I just had it serviced, new tyres and brakes. :P

I was able to use some of the "cash back on petrol" to half my excess as well. The entire incident has been submited via the app and really happy with discovery.

I guess I am a bicycle commuter for a while now. Positive side I guess. 

Edited by Pure Savage

That sounds good! I joined Discovery Insure this month and so far the only thing that's annoying me is when my Vitality Drive says I'm speeding when I'm definitely not speeding. Other than that, it's been a pretty smooth transition! Looking forward to hearing the outcome, and glad to hear you're all right!

I was on the way to work this morning and was siting in the traffic minding my own business and a Polo decided to create a Polo -Honda - Merc Sandwich.

As soon as the dust had settled and I had pulled over, the phone rang with discovery on the line asking if I was ok. They are alerted with the disco track thing. I told them I am ok but the car is in need of a tow. They told me what photos I needed and chatted to me to make sure I was calm.

By the time I had taken all the photos and moaned about my smashed up bike rack. A dude arrived with a golf cap on, greeted me by name and said everything will be alright and he will handle it from here. Made sure i had all the details, helped empty my car into the wife's car. (Was only 1km from home) He then liaised with flat bed to pick me up. He also stepped in and shooed away the vultures that arrived in their tow truck bakkies.

The dude that hit me must have had a brain fart, I don't think he was on his phone. I couldn't even find my phone as I keep it out of hands reach and it had been thrown around in accident. The police were quick and painless.

I am hoping they can fix the car as I just had it serviced, new tyres and brakes. [emoji14]

I was able to use some of the "cash back on petrol" to half my excess as well. The entire incident has been submited via the app and really happy with discovery.

That's really cool

I have seen them advertise that accident whatever alert and wondered if it is as good as the ex Miss SA says..

Also glad you are okay[emoji106]

That's really cool

I have seen them advertise that accident whatever alert and wondered if it is as good as the ex Miss SA says..

Also glad you are okay[emoji106]

I joined them in December, while on holiday. I drove over a bridge where the tar was higher on the bridge than before it, creating a small "speed bump".

Within minutes, I received a call to advise the tracking unit had sent them a warning of an impact. The wife was pleasantly surprised at the service received.

Luckily no damage.

I am hoping they can fix the car as I just had it serviced, new tyres and brakes. :P

Glad you're okay.

Nice to hear about the good service they can deliver.

I joined them in December, while on holiday. I drove over a bridge where the tar was higher on the bridge than before it, creating a small "speed bump".

Within minutes, I received a call to advise the tracking unit had sent them a warning of an impact. The wife was pleasantly surprised at the service received.

Luckily no damage.

That's pretty impressive..