Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Just read up on your rewards for your CC spend if your Disco medical claims are "excessive".

Not sure what you are referring to ? You don't need a Disco CC to qualify for the healthy gear cash back. This is a card from the Vitality side and you need to do your health checks and fitness test to get maximum 25% back.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you are referring to ? You don't need a Disco CC to qualify for the healthy gear cash back. This is a card from the Vitality side and you need to do your health checks and fitness test to get maximum 25% back.

He's talking about the Disco Card cashback. Not related to healthygear cashback. 

Also not received my shoe booster payment which was due yesterday.  Have emailed a query.  My healthy food payment also outstanding.....

Still nothing from shoe booster.

Anyone have a list of e-mail ID's for Vitality ? Cannot find any of my old e-mails...

Still nothing from shoe booster.

Anyone have a list of e-mail ID's for Vitality ? Cannot find any of my old e-mails...

I emailed them on vitalityactiverewards@discovery.co.za about my lack of shoe booster payment yesterday.... still waiting for a reply!!

I send all my queries through via a Twitter DM. They usually respond within 24 hours, including the reference number. The query though takes just as long to resolve whether it's through the email or twitter channels.

For me, it's one central contact point for all my queries, Vitality, Card, Health and Insure.

Their reply was: 

Hi Gerald. We've asked our Team Vitality team to get in touch and assist with your cash back query. We experienced a delay with Shoe Booster cash backs payments, but this has since been resolved. Your due cash back should be paid in your next billing cycle. Thanks, DV

My cash back cycle is normally the 20th of the month - that's when I get the usual gym booster, healthy foods and Card spend cash backs. Discovery was closed for business on the 20th and 21st (public holiday). I gave them a chance to push that button when they returned to the office on the 22nd. The above response was on the same day that I queried it (23rd of March).

I received my shoe booster refund on the 27th - so much for the next billing cycle. It's still the Team Vitality cash back that seems to be a recurring problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question... with the shoe booster, I went for Team Vitality membership as well. But they are not affiliated in this neck of the woods, so I obviously still belong to my local running club.

Now Team Vitality sent me a mail inviting me to the after event facilities at Oceans. But I presume this would only be for peeps actually running for Team Vitality club...(?) Or how else will I actually get into the tent wearing my local club shirt?!  :whistling:

Dumb question... with the shoe booster, I went for Team Vitality membership as well. But they are not affiliated in this neck of the woods, so I obviously still belong to my local running club.

Now Team Vitality sent me a mail inviting me to the after event facilities at Oceans. But I presume this would only be for peeps actually running for Team Vitality club...(?) Or how else will I actually get into the tent wearing my local club shirt?!  :whistling:

For running, you can only belong to one club if you want to licence. Belonging to Team Vitality doesn't force you to take out a licence. Plus, you'd need to resign from your running club, get a clearance certificate and then join TV - seems a bit pointless.

You can reply that you would like join them at post-race hospitality, but you have to wear their kit to "get in". So run in your licensed kit - as per running rules, and then change into their shirt afterwards before going to the tent.

Ja thanks Frosty, I also just got the answer when reading properly!  :blush:

Remember to wear your Team Vitality kit in order to gain access to hospitality.

I emailed them on vitalityactiverewards@discovery.co.za about my lack of shoe booster payment yesterday.... still waiting for a reply!!

I activated my shoe booster in Feb, so they said they will need a full month of goals being met[March] before paying out. So will receive cash back at the end of April.

I activated my shoe booster in Feb, so they said they will need a full month of goals being met[March] before paying out. So will receive cash back at the end of April.

That's correct. I activated in Jan, and only received my first cash-back from Feb - payment was on the 27th of March.

If Shaper activated in Jan, then it's a problem - which is why I queried mine on the 22nd of March.

what does it take to get your target decreased? I haven't reached my weekly target since end of Jan but I'm still on 900.

That's correct. I activated in Jan, and only received my first cash-back from Feb - payment was on the 27th of March.

If Shaper activated in Jan, then it's a problem - which is why I queried mine on the 22nd of March.

I got similar response from Disco as Veebee. Bought my shoes in Feb, will only get cash back in April

what does it take to get your target decreased? I haven't reached my weekly target since end of Jan but I'm still on 900.

if I remember a friend's scenario, I think it was 12 weeks before it started dropping.