Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Please tell me more about the Shell thing.

As of late last year (if I recall...) Shell came on board as a fuel rewards partner. Vida have always been a rewards partner for the Active Rewards and just happen to be affiliated with Shell Select in the form of their Vida cafe's and Torrador coffee shops.

Basically it makes it easier for me to redeem my Vitality Active rewards now as I don't need to travel out my way to get to a Vida or ask for permission to get into a gym I don't belong to to get my smoothie from Kuaui.

I am now also able to get a coffee at M&B after Parkrun on a Saturday as there is one at Suncoast (We do the North Beach Run). I was planning to stop at the Shell on the way home and grab a coffee. There is also a Shell just down the road from work so I can pop out at lunch time and grab a cappuccino.

Much better with more options. I lost interest in Active Rewards as I had to go out of my way and make a special trip to claim rewards. Now I can claim my rewards on my way to somewhere with minimal disruption.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supported through Samsung S-Health app as far as I'm aware.

That is super. Would be great if they can do the same incentive for a samsung as they have with apple. i.e buy and as long as you reach your goals watch is paid for.

That is super. Would be great if they can do the same incentive for a samsung as they have with apple. i.e buy and as long as you reach your goals watch is paid for.

Not going to happen.... has been discussed at length many times.... the driving force is Apple and not Discovery as Apple mine all the data.

Unless Samsung get into data collection then it might..... but very very unlikely as they are a consumer product producer

Popcorn doesn't make you fat. It's actually a recommended snack alternative to crisps. BUT that's unsalted and unflavored. 

lol! recommended by who I wonder?

Well, for one my wife dislikes a HRM chest strap enough that the lure of free smoothies couldn't get her to wear it. For her the Garmin 225 (old and on special in Feb) I got her works perfectly.

And also, for certain activities (like crossfit), I'd rather risk my secondhand Tomtom cardio than my smartphone. I don't NEED to track it..... but I like to :)

Edit: but I do agree, for most sports and people a phone and bluetooth HRM strap is more than enough, especially with today's glued-to-the-phone generation.

I get her completely. I have struggled to find a replacement for the strap. First I bought the Life-beam lazer helmet with the HRM on my forehead, loved it but it started playing up after 2 years, maybe because I moved it to my pink Rudy Project helmet. I also bought a life-beam peak for the HRM, I used that on the trainer and then in my helmet. That packed up or became unreliable too.

Of course having the sensor in a helmet is useless for anything other than riding.

I then opted for the arm based Scosche transmitter. It is the dog's bollocks of transmitters. Bought sight unseen as rated the best by DC Rainmaker and found it on Amazon. Sadly not sold in SA. But at R1,200 smuggled via a friend it is just perfect. BLE and ANT+.

Discovery has failed to give me cash back at dischem since nov, well over R1k outstanding, suggest again people check..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get cash back for shoe booster or the cash back for using your healthy gear card ?

I received the 25% cash back for healthy gear already. Now just waiting on the shoe booster to work.

I got the shoe booster cash back (although only 15% instead of the 25% I am supposed to get, another bug in their system).

Just checked and I haven't received my Gym booster for the last 2 months... sigh. 

I am so tired of my weekly phone call to them.

Went to the local M&B for a Cap .... they couldn't get the scanning thing to work. To be fair I was their first rewards customer  :devil:

They gave me the coffee free and will investigate what the problem was  :thumbup:

I get her completely. I have struggled to find a replacement for the strap. First I bought the Life-beam lazer helmet with the HRM on my forehead, loved it but it started playing up after 2 years, maybe because I moved it to my pink Rudy Project helmet. I also bought a life-beam peak for the HRM, I used that on the trainer and then in my helmet. That packed up or became unreliable too.

Of course having the sensor in a helmet is useless for anything other than riding.

I then opted for the arm based Scosche transmitter. It is the dog's bollocks of transmitters. Bought sight unseen as rated the best by DC Rainmaker and found it on Amazon. Sadly not sold in SA. But at R1,200 smuggled via a friend it is just perfect. BLE and ANT+.

How much have you spent on all of these straps/devices?

I got the shoe booster cash back (although only 15% instead of the 25% I am supposed to get, another bug in their system).

Just checked and I haven't received my Gym booster for the last 2 months... sigh. 

I am so tired of my weekly phone call to them.

You say you're supposed to get 25% - have you done the Vitality Fitness Assessment?

If yes, is there more than one of you on one Vitality plan?

If yes, has that person also done the assessment? 

FYI:

"We're excited to announce that as a Vitality Active Rewards member you can now redeem your weekly reward from Mugg & Bean and Ster-Kinekor."

Ahh, trust in Discovery to keep to their modus operandi. The Mugg and Bean Rewards doesn't work at a M&B Restaurant or On The Go store, their systems simply doesn't work. So no Rewards are given out. I was at Menlyn and at the On The Go in Newlands,Pretoria.

Ahh, trust in Discovery to keep to their modus operandi. The Mugg and Bean Rewards doesn't work at a M&B Restaurant or On The Go store, their systems simply doesn't work. So no Rewards are given out. I was at Menlyn and at the On The Go in Newlands,Pretoria.

that would be the M&B operating system, or the WiCode system integrating with teh M&B stuff... Hardly fair blaming Discovery when M&B's systems won't work. 

How much have you spent on all of these straps/devices?

snip

About R5k over 3 years of which the helmet part was R1.7k, duty and vat was R1k, 2 now irregular sensors were R1.1k and the Scosche was R1.2k without vat. All 3 ANT+ and BLE so Garmin and phone compatible BUT it would have been cheaper just to keep the belt.  The belt was either ANT+ or Polar old school for the trainer, not both so I had to keep two sets of data. And the belt was irregular, would peak way over max or just stop transmitting mid ride. I hated it.

However, I've paid school fees so everyone else can benefit by just buying the one that works. I loved the helmet idea. But the sensor didn't like sweat too much.

that would be the M&B operating system, or the WiCode system integrating with teh M&B stuff... Hardly fair blaming Discovery when M&B's systems won't work. 

I'll meet you halfway and blame both Discovery and M&B for this failure. Obviously the onus lies on both sides to ensure the "handshake" exchange is solid, no?

Ai! Went for a run this afternoon (instead of the road ride I had planned, to avoid the It's Time traffic), got a PB 5km, heart-rate 164bpm avg.... but the total time was a few seconds less than thirty minutes so no points. That'll teach me

Good news M&B issues resolved .... Got a coffee Thursday and sommer used 3 in one go this afternoon!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

How was the coffee?

My personal experience is that it tastes like frothed piss.