Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

When submitting results for an event, what distance should one use if the actual event was shorter than it should have been? For example, Stellenbosch Cycle Tour was advertised as 102Km, with that number being on the the results page, but in reality it was a few hundred metres short of 100km. The difference means either 600 or 1500 points. Vitality can very easily check the actual distance via all the activity uploads that they have received, but will they hold you to that?

They take the official distance (not your Garmin, Strava, Polar distance), so no need to stress. 

Midvaal 100 isn't 100 for example. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Online know your vitality age

Health check

Fitness assessment

a few road running races @ 1500pts

Averaging 1800pts per week from training

Needed 50pts yesterday, so went for a walk around the block to get up to 5000 steps :)

Last time I got points this quickly was when they gave 3000 points for a 100k training ride!! 

how strict are Vitality with the qualifying criteria for the high performance athlete test ?

My road cycling times for the qualifying events are no where near what they want

Last time I got points this quickly was when they gave 3000 points for a 100k training ride!! 

those were the days when Disco had no idea how far cyclist actually ride during training

Just remember that there is a difference between the endurance and high performance categories. Anyone who completed the CTCT last year is eligible for the endurance category. You would have had to do it in a stupidly fast time to be high performance.

hmm I missed that.

will click onto the disco site now and investigate

Any one in team vitality that have gotten a wiicode to get their new kit?

I have been struggling since the 1st of Jan to join Team vitality Vitality. Keep getting an error.  

They are busy fixing for the last month.

Want to use the shoebooster but can not until this comes through.

My other half joined in December and has been chasing them to send the email with the code so she can get the kit as she already has her ASA number for 2019

I got the new kit (shirt) last year.

Edit: Cycle kit to be specific. AFAIK, running is still the old Asics shirt/vest.

Edited by Frosty

those were the days when Disco had no idea how far cyclist actually ride during training

How I yearn for those easy targets! Only just squeezed my 36 visits, had to get it before 31/01. 

how strict are Vitality with the qualifying criteria for the high performance athlete test ?

My road cycling times for the qualifying events are no where near what they want

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Not at all. Answer the questions to the best of your ability (ie know what answer they're looking for and answer accordingly) and BAM. You're in. 

Not at all. Answer the questions to the best of your ability (ie know what answer they're looking for and answer accordingly) and BAM. You're in. 

I did the online questionnaire for the endurance athlete, so I will at least now earn more points for my longer training rides.

so game the system then? I cannot confirm or deny having done this

but seriously, someone entering the endurance track will probably end up getting their annual allocation anyway, whether 900 or 1200 per week

How does one go about getting Team Vitality to approve your membership for your racing license (cycling) to kick in - it says pending on CSA site at the moment.

Cheers