Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Okay so I've received some feedback from Discovery Bank.

1) I had an issue with my Life Cover premium being less than the target, and therefore lost out on the benefits associated with it. My Life Cover is pretty low as I don't own a house, have almost no debt and am not married, but I have significant critical illness and permanent disability cover instead. They've asked me to submit all my documents relating to that and they will do a manual review and adjudicate. Let's wait and see.

2) Apparently there is an issue with the Android app not accepting document uploads for proof of investments. They will extend the grace period for submission should it not be resolved by then. Let's wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People in Disc bank,

Moved iver from old Disc ( fnb) credit card to the bank yesterday.

Still pending new card so all balances are still blank.

Questions.

Going forward to get my woolies healthy food cash back, do i need to use the new disc credit card when it comes?

Gym cash back? Same story do i need to set debit order for gym to my new Disc one account?

Since i have blank balances and mo acc nrs yet i cant add money to the savings account, presume i can only do this when i get the cards as i get the account nrs then?

Any other tips you have discovered whilst using bank?

Question: Is the Discovery Vitality airline tickets "discount" genuine or not? I ask because we fly Kulula occasionally and I see that when I try to book a ticket as a Discovery member, that same ticket is significantly more expensive (as listed on the Kulula site) than if I just book it outright ignoring the Discovery option. What am I missing?

I have just been given access to the discovery bank, would there be any benefit to having that as a person on eBucks level 5 getting R800 - R1000 a month back in eBucks, the only thing I can see that I would benefit from off the bat is the 25% vitality which well f*** and the healthy gear, but they give no info as to what the hoops are to achieve those?

I have emailed them these questions, but I do love how all their marketing blurbs is focused on the POTENTIAL benefits and none of the hidden "costs".

Lets think, to get from 25% to the 50% healthy gear, if I need to pay them like 200pm for the account and spend 10k a week on my CC then it's not worth it (total exaggeration).

Shoe booster help please.

Can I purchase or do I have to wait ? Screen shots from the app and below email received.

Fitness Booster activation fee payment successful

Your Shoe Booster activation fee was successfully received on 23/07/2019. Once you buy your qualifying item from our partners, your selected booster benefit will be active.

You can only have one Fitness Booster active at a time. In order to choose a new Fitness Booster benefit, you will need to cancel your existing Fitness Booster and pay a new activation fee for your next Fitness Booster.

post-67394-0-01697100-1563948327_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-83554800-1563948336_thumb.jpg

Shoe booster help please.

Can I purchase or do I have to wait ? Screen shots from the app and below email received.

Fitness Booster activation fee payment successful

Your Shoe Booster activation fee was successfully received on 23/07/2019. Once you buy your qualifying item from our partners, your selected booster benefit will be active.

You can only have one Fitness Booster active at a time. In order to choose a new Fitness Booster benefit, you will need to cancel your existing Fitness Booster and pay a new activation fee for your next Fitness Booster.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190724-080012_Discovery.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190724-080020_Discovery.jpg

It's active one the shoes are purchased. You have 30 days from date of payment to buy shoes or forfeit the membership fee.

Also not, they do not tell you this but in a year they will automatically take a renewal fee from you regardless of the booster as what you are actually paying for is vitality team.

It's active one the shoes are purchased. You have 30 days from date of payment to buy shoes or forfeit the membership fee.

Also not, they do not tell you this but in a year they will automatically take a renewal fee from you regardless of the booster as what you are actually paying for is vitality team.

how does one go about stopping this?

how does one go about stopping this?

You swear at them after the fact when an unexpected amount goes off your account.

I found out from experience, unexpected debit order, I contacted them and asked what it was for and kaked them out after their reply and got refunded.

Suppose you could try emailing them now and informing them, but it's in the terms you agreed too.

Edited by Reme Le Hane

You swear at them after the fact when an unexpected amount goes off your account.

I found out from experience, unexpected debit order, I contacted them and asked what it was for and kaked them out after their reply and got refunded.

Suppose you could try emailing them now and informing them, but it's in the terms you agreed too.

^^this, sadly

Is it in the fine print somewhere because to my knowledge they may not deduct without your consent....

Perhaps I should also follow this route.

A month before I was ported to Discovery Bank they took R400-odd for the annual Discovery Miles fee, a month later Miles seize to exist under Discovery Bank. What a damn waste.

Is it in the fine print somewhere because to my knowledge they may not deduct without your consent....

Yeah, when it started it was a manual renewal if u paid by cc, then they took away that option and when you renewed the terms probably had a hidden but about you agreeing to annual automated, debuted renew.

I did search this forum and couldn't find an answer, so hoping someone here can answer.

I don't have any one of the "supported watches" that Vitality works with. My watch syncs to its own tethering app, which then pushes the data to Strava. I am aware that Vitality no longer supports Strava. However, Vitality DOES support Samsung Health App, as far as I am aware.

I purchased an app on PlayStore that can pull data from one sport tracking app into another. With this app, I am pulling my workouts from Stava and pushing it into the Samsung Health App. It pushes everything in, distance, gps track, elevation, heart rate, step cadence, everything. One thing it doesn't seem to pull across is your daily step count on SHealth's main screen.

So my question is... what does Vitality actually look at in terms of earning points? Your daily steps? Because in my case that will be little as I don't run with my phone and that metric doesn't get pushed into SHealth by the syncing app. Or, does it look at your workouts? That would be "complete". But then if it looks at your workouts, would it honour a workout pushed into SHealth as essentially its 3rd party data, and not something like synced directly into it from a supported watch.

Vitality have different things it looks at.

Steps is one, but also work outs where you get points depending on your heartrate and the time of exercise.

Not sure which watches devices is accepted and which not.

But  sync and see if it will take it.

I think there should be a list on Vitality app showing which devices when you want to sync your device.

I did search this forum and couldn't find an answer, so hoping someone here can answer.

I don't have any one of the "supported watches" that Vitality works with. My watch syncs to its own tethering app, which then pushes the data to Strava. I am aware that Vitality no longer supports Strava. However, Vitality DOES support Samsung Health App, as far as I am aware.

I purchased an app on PlayStore that can pull data from one sport tracking app into another. With this app, I am pulling my workouts from Stava and pushing it into the Samsung Health App. It pushes everything in, distance, gps track, elevation, heart rate, step cadence, everything. One thing it doesn't seem to pull across is your daily step count on SHealth's main screen.

So my question is... what does Vitality actually look at in terms of earning points? Your daily steps? Because in my case that will be little as I don't run with my phone and that metric doesn't get pushed into SHealth by the syncing app. Or, does it look at your workouts? That would be "complete". But then if it looks at your workouts, would it honour a workout pushed into SHealth as essentially its 3rd party data, and not something like synced directly into it from a supported watch.

You doing it wrong with the Samsung app.

Connect HR monitor to Samsung app during workout., By selecting most appropriate activity on the menu. . That's how I do it with my wahoo stuff and always get HR based vitality points. Phone has to be with you during activity though

If watch is not supported no way to get points via 3rd party apps pushing through data

Edited by Twaatie

If watch is not supported no way to get points via 3rd party apps pushing through data

Do you suspect so, or know this from experience?