Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Just got an email with the salient parts being

We’ve taken the following immediate steps to give Vitality members peace of mind during this time

Vitality Active Rewards maximum weekly goal drops to 700 points

We have lowered the Vitality Active Rewards weekly goal from 900 to 700 Vitality points. This means if you are missing gym workouts, parkruns or myruns, you can still hit your weekly goal in a number of ways. For example, if you track 10 000 steps a day on your smartphone, you can earn 100 Vitality points – the same as when you go to the gym.

Your Vitality gym discount is safe

We are adjusting the 36-visits-in-12-months rule so that if you’ve been going to gym regularly until now, your discount won’t be affected if you decide to skip gym over this period. Look out for more details in the upcoming newsletter.

Your HealthyLiving discounts will not be impacted

We are pausing the 12-month cycle rule for members to do their Vitality Health Check or Vitality Fitness Assessment to maintain their HealthyFood, HealthyCare and HealthyGear discounts.

The year is young, and the situation will change. Don’t worry about achieving your Vitality status right now. Keep engaging if you’re well, and remember that there are many other points-earning activities that you’ll be able to access later in the year. Rest assured, we want to recognise and reward you for making us your partner in your health journey and we will continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds through the year.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a mail, as a Life policy holder, that I have comprehensive cover for COVID-19. Will review everything over the weekend as my current workload is, well, hectic.

I got a mail, as a Life policy holder, that I have comprehensive cover for COVID-19. Will review everything over the weekend as my current workload is, well, hectic.

Same sent by Discovery Life and by Old Mutual.

Even got something from GAP cover ...

Not spending time on the fine print .... have tried in the past, with limited (zero) success....

Reality is I have hit the trifecta ....

- over 50

- immune compromized

- diabetic

- have already outlived my dad and my grand father ...

Not sure how much my "moderate fitness" can offset these factors ...

Best I stay well isolated ....

Edited by ChrisF

Just to note, seems that there are some additional "caps" on exercise points that can be earned during the year per person (apologies if someone else has already noted it)

1) Limit of 30,000 per adult or 20,000 per child

2) Limit of 1,000 for health foods

3) Limit of 1,200 for steps >10k 

4) Limit of 1,000 for steps >5 OR 60%-69% heartrate 

Popped in at Mr Price Sport, next to VA Tygervalley ...

Saturday morning and hardly 20 cars in the parking lot ... probably a few being for staff ...

Just got an email with the salient parts being

We’ve taken the following immediate steps to give Vitality members peace of mind during this time

Vitality Active Rewards maximum weekly goal drops to 700 points

not on endurance... that's still 1200... nice one discovery...

not on endurance... that's still 1200... nice one discovery...

Friend of mine is on Endurance and his goal reduced to 700... he got 600/700 for his ride yesterday.

z1IouGA.png

Yup, same for me

I would query it, and also check if the app is updated to the latest version.

I would query it, and also check if the app is updated to the latest version.

App is up to date, thanks.

This should be a data setting linked to a person's profile.

It hasn't dropped for me either. I'm still on 1200 points.

Same for me, also still on 1200