Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So I decided to try the Samsung app. I have a polar hr strap but no way that I can fathom to get that data through to discovery - did a hour ride . The app does step monitoring too and you can seem to remove that. So my ride f

Gets zero points, but it says I walked a whole bunch of steps - so here, have 100pts. That does not make sense.

Does the Polar strap sync with your phone? Bluetooth or ANT+? I'm not sure if it'll work, but I use my Bluetooth Wahoo Tickr strap with the Wahoo fitness app, and then share that activity from the app to Garmin Connect, and then Discovery picks it up from there.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also cracked 3000 points on the new system yesterday

http://i.imgur.com/qKx958o.jpg

I don't see myself doing this every weekend though  :cursing:

http://i.imgur.com/bGW0KpY.jpg

Does the Polar strap sync with your phone? Bluetooth or ANT+? I'm not sure if it'll work, but I use my Bluetooth Wahoo Tickr strap with the Wahoo fitness app, and then share that activity from the app to Garmin Connect, and then Discovery picks it up from there.

I got an array of old stuff from a friend. The top strap goes with the pink watch - that has no upload capability at all. The bottom strap is fro the FT7 with flow link, she's lost the watch though, so don't know if the strap can do anything without having to buy another unit :(

post-44041-0-56720600-1459671487_thumb.jpeg

What Samsung device do you have?

Edit: Nevermind, doesn't seem like Polar use ANT+ unfortunately.

Edited by bertusras

Just buy the new Tacx strap that works with ANT+ and Bluetooth. Only cost a grand. Just think. It will pay for itself in smoothies in only 6 months. What a deal. As long as vitality don't change everything again. Hahahahahaha.

I swear the new F1 rules are simpler and more logical than this stuff

Does anyone have problems logging onto the garmin connect site, to upload rides, at the moment?

Does anyone have problems logging onto the garmin connect site, to upload rides, at the moment?

Yes, site seems down

Ah, that would explain why it's not syncing. Above was my ride stats straight from the garmin, but I've had a "sync failed" on the watch. 

I got an array of old stuff from a friend. The top strap goes with the pink watch - that has no upload capability at all. The bottom strap is fro the FT7 with flow link, she's lost the watch though, so don't know if the strap can do anything without having to buy another unit :(

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Get a Wahoo TICKR.

What Samsung device do you have?

Edit: Nevermind, doesn't seem like Polar use ANT+ unfortunately.

The Wahoo TICKR is both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Best value for money coming in at under R1000

d0ece0238bdd100776a21d43c53b3a79.jpg

I'm not sure how the points goal will go but yesterday's USN MTB Cup netted 600 points. And that was for a flat out effort over 02h15 with an ave HR of 163 (my age max is 180) 40yrs old. Garmin who Discovery seem to love suggests I do nothing for 3 days to recover. If I have to work this hard every week it will kill me, not improve me.

d0ece0238bdd100776a21d43c53b3a79.jpg

I'm not sure how the points goal will go but yesterday's USN MTB Cup netted 600 points. And that was for a flat out effort over 02h15 with an ave HR of 163 (my age max is 180) 40yrs old. Garmin who Discovery seem to love suggests I do nothing for 3 days to recover. If I have to work this hard every week it will kill me, not improve me.

I'm pretty sure that is not applicable to people who are reasonably well trained. More aimed at overweight, unfit Muricans who are litigious

I'm pretty sure that is not applicable to people who are reasonably well trained. More aimed at overweight, unfit Muricans who are litigious

Fair enough but I think I'm pretty well trained and there is no way I could do that 2 or 3 times a week, every week. I've gone back and looked at my activity history and based on my ave duration and ave hr on rides I'm going to struggle. Even my short interval high intensity sessions fall part of a longer ride where my ave HR will not be above the 70% let alone 80% mark.

Oh well, I'm not changing my routine I've used for years just to satisfy Discovery. All I'm saying is that they've missed the boat on the new metrics.

Fair enough but I think I'm pretty well trained and there is no way I could do that 2 or 3 times a week, every week. I've gone back and looked at my activity history and based on my ave duration and ave hr on rides I'm going to struggle. Even my short interval high intensity sessions fall part of a longer ride where my ave HR will not be above the 70% let alone 80% mark.

Oh well, I'm not changing my routine I've used for years just to satisfy Discovery. All I'm saying is that they've missed the boat on the new metrics.

We've all become accustomed to doing death marches when training. Maybe Discovery will help people to rediscover the fun side of physical activities?

post-14863-0-53921000-1459698079_thumb.jpg

sauce

Most of my training will fall into the 300 points based on HR category. Weekend long run/rides should give me 600 points each

(220-age)*80% means I need to take more pulls at the front though.

post-14863-0-75263300-1459698360_thumb.jpg