Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Points dropped to 900.

ditto

after updating the app, mine now shows 900, and vouchers are back. But their improved summary of the points still doesn't show.

Points target dropped to 900! Points explanation shows on the Points Event link, not on Active Rewardss

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

points now at 900, this mornings Garmin workout still doesn't show.

Now the question, how do we change to the high performance?

points now at 900, this mornings Garmin workout still doesn't show.

Now the question, how do we change to the high performance?

Will changing make it easier to reach the higher target?

Opt in on the website, from what I'm told.

Can't seem to find anything there. Will just give them some time to get their $H!+ sorted.

with my naturally high HR, I would be able to hit the 600point / 70-79% / 120min+ goal quite easily.

Hi guys. Haven't found much info on the net regarding this so was wondering if anyone here has an answer.

I have a discovery medical aid, with Vitality. I havent signed up for a gym yet.

I hear that the Sports Science Institute in Cape town is affiliated with Discovery, with membership for sports science being Discounted.

Do the same rules for Virgin Active/planet fitness apply for sports science, I.e. 100points for going to gym etc.

In addition, does the gym booster benefit also apply (the up to 100% discount for meeting goals)

If this is correct, would Sports Science be a better option than Virgin Active in Claremont.

Will changing make it easier to reach the higher target?

No. And Yes.

No for Active Rewards as the minimum amount of work you have to do moves from 3 sessions of 60 minutes above 70% (300 points each) or 3 sessions of 30 minutes above 80% (300 points each) OR any combination of these

to 4 sessions of 30 minutes above 80% (300 points each) or 4 sessions of 60 minutes above 70% (300 points each) or a combination of these 2.

Yes if you have not achieved your 30,000 maximum exercise points as you get points at a quicker rate as the maximum per exercise is higher on E&HP.

And Yes:

If you can commit to 120 minutes at > 70% then you will get 600 points. If you can do this twice a week then change.

Or if you can commit to 3 sessions of 90 minutes above 70% (450 points each)

Or if you can commit to 3 sessions of 120 minutes above 60% (450 points each)

It is safer to stay on plain Jane version at 900 unless you have a very low heart rate. But then you are pretty poked with KY by Disco anyway.