Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Disco are doing another charity run with the vouchers, good on them.

Have just sent 3 over there as these vouchers were filling up in my wallet.

post-67394-0-83745500-1478672795_thumb.png

So for the fun of it i logged in on their website to see whats going on. Since my injury has basically meant i have done nothing for the last 2 months  i wasn't surprised to see i have no rewards waiting for me. what i was surprised at was the date of last points achieved

post-46817-0-74264600-1478673427_thumb.jpg

Especially seen as i was running 20+ km every Saturday up till my Injury in September not to mention all the other  1 -2hour runs during the week. 

But if you use logic and stick to this data of a person who in 4 months hasn't done anything how do you expect him to get weekly goals if his target is as below?

post-46817-0-28794300-1478673625_thumb.jpg

To me right now it doesn't matter as i don't have a watch i need to maintain weekly goals for and i reached gold in March so hence why i haven't even looked at my profile in months. i also don't go to gym so i don't use the smoothie thing either.

On a side note, my wife isn't interested in vitality anymore and when i phoned Disco to take her off for next year they said seen as we as a family are on the medical aid its not possible, i have to take out a separate life policy for just myself and then i can have vitality for just me, not very professional in my limited unimportant opinion, but hey. is what it is i suppose. Goes are the days that the customer is valuable. 

Flight Booster Update:

Another week meeting my target, another 5% added to the flight discount. 

System is working as advertised. 

If I can keep the discipline I will be on 100% total discount before the end of this year.

post-27827-0-11106900-1478674434_thumb.png

I see today that there is no longer a manual upload facility on the Garmin Connect page where you can simply drag your workout from your Garmin device to the website. One has to use Garmin Express to upload.

Real ball ache as it now means to run a separate Vitality rewards only account means that the device has to be registered to that account. Changing the account details in Garmin Express is cumbersome and does not load the workout onto GC.

Work around is to load it manually onto Strave and let Tapiriik do the sync back to GC for your real Garmin account.

After all a ride didn't happen if it's not on Strava.

But as the weekly points are set at 900, it may be time just to drop the Vitality only partial load GC account and just give them everything.  After all my time is worth more than this hassle for 2 smoothies.

Browser must be playing up. Not on firefox when I posted but in chrome. Now in firefox. I must be an temporary American.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had vitality points credited to them for undertaking the 94.7?

Discovery's website states that it will automatically download members' results if the race is listed as a vitality event. Still waiting for the 94.7 MTB credit... will 94.7 results be reflected prior to Tuesday or should we manually upload?

Discovery's website states that it will automatically download members' results if the race is listed as a vitality event. Still waiting for the 94.7 MTB credit... will 94.7 results be reflected prior to Tuesday or should we manually upload?

I do not wait for the automatic and often does not happen so I always manually uploaded my result and a screen shot of my racetec result via the Discovery webpage for getting points for races.  This I did yesterday morning.  Discovery have already given me the 600 points for a verified race 50-99kms cycling event.

I do not wait for the automatic and often does not happen so I always manually uploaded my result and a screen shot of my racetec result via the Discovery webpage for getting points for races.  This I did yesterday morning.  Discovery have already given me the 600 points for a verified race 50-99kms cycling event.

Cool. Will do same. Will ignore the 94.7 MTB - made the target without it...so no loss there.

I'll wait until Thursday before submitting, as they do say up to 4 days after the event. That said, I know of a few that never received their automatic points for the Amashova.

Edit: I'm doing this as I am still waiting for them to correct an "unverified" workout. By not automatically awarding the points they are helping me shoot them in the foot.

Edited by geraldm24

As I found out with the Carnival race...

Below is confirmation that points and cash back will be given - in case anyone needs it (specific details removed for this screenshot.

I'll happily share the email in Jan/Feb next year if anyone took part and didn't receive cash back.

post-1372-0-42842500-1479798955_thumb.png

post-1372-0-64578000-1479798953_thumb.png

Points for Sunday's fun ride now showing - automatically, no manual claim.

729b2a11264be6f3cc0f0f9e8102cd48.png

Edited by geraldm24

So received an email this morning from Team Vitality that renewal of membership is now open.

As I am member of both the running and cycling and want to early bird a few running events for the start of next year thought would renew.  

So whilst going through the process of renewing membership for cycling it now advises that you no longer get your CSA membership as part of your Team Vitality membership and that you have to renew licence with CSA separately!!!!  

It was included in the R600 last year if I remember correctly??

post-33015-0-37251800-1479989067_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaper