Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I sync my watch to polarpersonaltrainer.com and it pulls into the active rewards app just fine. Make sure Discovery Vitality is authorised under "Partners" on polarpersonaltrainer.com?

thanks, wolver.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the old gym benefit was free membership for a local, 1 gym membership. It changed in approx 2010 or so. Those guys are the lucky ones - they'll always have that, unless they fall below 36 visits per year. Then they lose it. Forever.

From 2016 onwards, the 80% discount is moving to 75% (for a single gym) but you can ratchet it up to 100% based on activity / status.... 

Thanks for clarifying

Did anyone find and go to the Team Vitality hospitality at the 94.7? I could not find it. Went to Cycle Lab, that was an awesome setup. Took good care of customers.

I don't know how you could have missed it. You missed out btw.

We had a beer and burger with our non-vitality friends (soon to be Vitality friends) in the public area and then went to Vitality area for a massage, toebie and milkshake. We immediately got helped at the massage tables (no queue)and there were fans as well.

Our friends waited more than 30 mins to get there massage.

Looking forward to the Argus. (sorry CTCT)

Btw, on the strava issue, I delinked and then re-linked strava from the vitality app, and that seems to have done the trick, as within an hour this weeks activities are showing on the vitality app as well...

I don't know how you could have missed it. You missed out btw.

We had a beer and burger with our non-vitality friends (soon to be Vitality friends) in the public area and then went to Vitality area for a massage, toebie and milkshake. We immediately got helped at the massage tables (no queue)and there were fans as well.

Our friends waited more than 30 mins to get there massage.

Looking forward to the Argus. (sorry CTCT)

This hospitality sounds like it makes it worth it! are they only at the big events (94.7, CT cycle tour) or have people seen them at other smaller events too?

Also wondering...... if you joined as a cyclist and you do the odd run and they have a tent at 2Oceans, would they be able to pick up which type of team vitality member you are?  :ph34r:

This hospitality sounds like it makes it worth it! are they only at the big events (94.7, CT cycle tour) or have people seen them at other smaller events too?

Also wondering...... if you joined as a cyclist and you do the odd run and they have a tent at 2Oceans, would they be able to pick up which type of team vitality member you are?  :ph34r:

I think they're only at CTCT and 94.7. They've send us an invite to which we had to rsvp. When we entered the hospitality area they check if we are on the list. I don't know what happens if you are not on the list.

at this years CTCT they also had an event on the Friday and group ride on Saturday followed by a breakfast. since we were their with our non vitality friends we only visited their hospitality area after the race and didn't do the group ride and breakfast thing. We will definitely do it next year. Looks like our buddies will join them and cancel multiply. 

I think they're only at CTCT and 94.7. They've send us an invite to which we had to rsvp. When we entered the hospitality area they check if we are on the list. I don't know what happens if you are not on the list.

at this years CTCT they also had an event on the Friday and group ride on Saturday followed by a breakfast. since we were their with our non vitality friends we only visited their hospitality area after the race and didn't do the group ride and breakfast thing. We will definitely do it next year. Looks like our buddies will join them and cancel multiply. 

They had a small stand at Amashova too but no massages.  Had the Woolies food, chocolate milk etc. 

BTW do you need to wear a Team Vitality shirt to enter the hospitality area or as long as you are a paid up member. 

I think I have challenges finding Team Vitality hospitality, even at the CTCC I could not find them this year. 

Sadly I may not renew next year as I am not seeing top value with it as I only do road races now and with 50% back on CTCC, Shova and 94.7 dont think it is worth it as the vouchers are useless to me. 

If you're sick or injured that week or for the month, Bye Bye R1000 R250. Nope to Risky...

If I had a 6K "loan" even a broken leg would not keep me off the bike :P

+1 on what Pure Savage said.

HR strap + bedroom aerobics = some exercise  :w00t:  :blush:  :ph34r:

Are people around the country also seeing Vida Caffe's closing down?  They seem to be going out of business in greater Durban.  Gateway store closed down, the one at SMG Rocks in Umhalnga is now changed to something else and the original one in Umhlanga is no longer there.  They did open a new one at La Lucia mall not long ago but that is the only one around other than the one at the Square and the one in the Shell garage at Pick n Pay Hypermarket DBN North but the free drinks not valid at garages. 

Bedford Centre closed down, and can't think where the next closest is. Smoothy it is for me, as Kauai's coffee is terrible - at least the VA I go to.

Anybody having Active Rewards problems?

"Last week's goal: pending" = no free smoothie for me.

I demand my free smoothie!!

Rewards are available on Wednesday mornings 

Today is Wednesday. No rewards.

#1 - The amount of points required for last week is "pending" (instead of "700" or whatnot)

#2 - I see MapMyFitness disconnected my Suunto......again. Like 2 weeks ago.

Today is Wednesday. No rewards.

#1 - The amount of points required for last week is "pending" (instead of "700" or whatnot)

#2 - I see MapMyFitness disconnected my Suunto......again. Like 2 weeks ago.

Myles is your man. I've been lucky. Garmin stays connected and points for races appear. 

Got my reward :)

Also noticed that will only give you points for 1 activity per day which seems to suck.

On Monday I did a run in the morning, then went to gym in the evening and only got awards for the run?

This how it is meant to be Myles?

Edit: have emailed discovery

Edited by shaper

Myles is your man. I've been lucky. Garmin stays connected and points for races appear. 

If you have Garmin Connect you can directly link your Garmin device to Vitality. Same with Polar and about any other device out there, except for Suunto - one of the top device brands.

Earlier this year we were able to directly connect to the Movescount platform, but Discovery decided to add a re-route via MapMyFitness (MMF). The MMF-Vitality connection works 95%, but the Movescount-MMF connection works more like 20%.

Edited by Koei