Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Yip, got my free Smoothie voucher again this morning. And so had to give it away for free AGAIN!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, got my free Smoothie voucher again this morning. And so had to give it away for free AGAIN!! :thumbdown:

What time do the rewards come though on Wednesdays? Mine still shows no rewards but says I achieved the points goal.

Got my reward this morning too.

As for next year, it looks promising... unless the fitness goal target increases according to your activity levels, i.e. You would get 1500 points for a 50-99Km road cycle or 120 - 359 minutes moderate device workout or 90-119 minute vigorous device workout. I assume the goal will not be 1500 points as that would imply only one workout per week. I think their objective is to get people working out daily, hence the lower level points.

Suddenly the "free" stuff requires actual work.

post-1372-0-88734400-1448442908_thumb.png

Edited by geraldm24

I get a points target of 1200. I count three long rides of + 2 hrs per week and at least one run and gym visit and I can't get my smoothie!!!!

Edited by @ndy

I get a points target of 1200. I count three long rides of + 2 hrs per week and at least one run and gym visit and I can't get my smoothie!!!!

Next year you can get 3000 points for each 100km ride... Its being set up to align with  2016

Got my reward this morning too.

As for next year, it looks promising... unless the fitness goal target increases according to your activity levels, i.e. You would get 1500 points for a 50-99Km road cycle or 120 - 359 minutes moderate device workout or 90-119 minute vigorous device workout. I assume the goal will not be 1500 points as that would imply only one workout per week. I think their objective is to get people working out daily, hence the lower level points.

Suddenly the "free" stuff requires actual work.

vitality fitness points.PNG

Thanks for this, Gerald!

Anyone know if Vitality differentiates between a 50km road and a 50km mtb ride when awarding points?

Sorry, no points for a MTB ride - it's in black and white on their website. You can only get points for a road run or ride.

Finally, the roadies have reason to smile.

Note: Sorry, I couldn't resist a bit of hump day sarcasm (i.e. comic sans font = sarcasm).

Edit: sorry, my bad - a dirt road is classified as a road, so the answer to your question is "Yes, it should be able to differentiate between a 50km tar road and a 50km mtb dirt road".

Edited by geraldm24

Anyone know if Vitality differentiates between a 50km road and a 50km mtb ride when awarding points?

I would imagine that they base it on the effort involved given that mtb is so variable in nature.

So until I'm told it's incorrect, go by time and vigorous or moderate effort on device

It's really really difficult to give a static level of distance for mtb. Road by comparison is a simple surface, unchanging in everything but elevation.

Mtb is far more effort for the distance

I would imagine that they base it on the effort involved given that mtb is so variable in nature.

So until I'm told it's incorrect, go by time and vigorous or moderate effort on device

It's really really difficult to give a static level of distance for mtb. Road by comparison is a simple surface, unchanging in everything but elevation.

Would you get more points if you do a road event on a MTB with Noblies and its a 26er.

Edited by Pure Savage

Thanks, I was specifically referring to going out and tracking a mtb training ride on my device not actual events (Confused myself when reread my post)

post-1372-0-53059500-1448456509_thumb.png

Going back to my original post with the points breakdown showing on Vitality's website:

Currently you'd get up to 5000 points for an event (dependent on distance only) so I really hope the above 1500 and 3000 points on offer is for a ride rather than an event. But the fact that they put device workout for the same amount of points doesn't bother me if it's event or ride.

The points to maintain Diamond status is one thing, but to achieve the weekly goal to get the zero cost benefit for gym membership, flights, etc., is important - that's where some real savings can be achieved.

BTW - good to see a round of golf only gets 100 points. These days with golf courses punting golf carts over walking, it's hardly a workout.

Had a thought.... wouldn't it be cool if you could, by achieving a certain number of weekly goals, earn a Peak Performance test every six months or so?

At R1000 - R1500 a pop i can't bring myself to do it annually, but would really like to. Definately healthier than a smoothie!