Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I have only two issues with Discovery at present, and it is all related to Vitality and the Shoe Booster. Oh, and it's not that yet again some feeble technical issue is the reason why there is a delay in payback as at today :thumbdown:

I could very well be the one at fault, or even the one not informed but for several weeks already neither Discovery personnel nor 3rd party vendors have been able to set me on the correct course to resolve my issue - so hopefully a Discovery Guru, or fellow Hubber could shed some light on the following - all advice/suggestions or fix will be much appreciated.

Firstly, my daughter activated her shoe booster sometime in April already. The entire process according to procedure on the App as well as with Sportsman's -- however, the salesman at Sportsman's was over eager to earn his commission so 'SOLD' my daughter a size to big. This was promptly rectified the next day by returning the shoes, in exchange for a size smaller. First problem, of course Sportsman's did not have the correct size so had to order in from CT all the while confirming that the SALE would not go through on the original invoice. Apparently, Sportsman's did not hold onto the agreement and processed all as 'CANCELLATION', only to be debited when the smaller pair arrived. All has been explained to Discovery on several queries, and still now some 2 months later - this matter remains "please be patient, we are aware of your query and it will be dealt with in due course ..." Seriously, how long does it need to take.

I am also trying to activate shoe booster for my wife on her own profile, again without success as for days on end all she gets is an error 500 !! The very same for when trying to log a query in this regard.

How do I go about dealing with a HUMAN for attention and closure ?

Where do you stay? Can you get to one of their offices?

Every time I’ve had a problem, I email them to get a reference number. If, after 5 working days they haven’t responded, I call them. I give the person the reference number and ask them to give feedback, also allowing the person time to “get feedback”. It usually gets resolved in 24-48 hours, but if not then I call back and ask for the next person in charge. All the while I am polite, patient and understanding of their processes.

If the person is unable to assist, I ask for their manager and continue up the chain until spmeone can assist. If I get to a dead-end, then I start from the top down... immediately ask for the PA to an executive. Still being polite, but a little more aggressive (without being rude).

The worst I’ve to escalate to was Adrian Gore’s PA - she had the problem resolved within 2 hours after my first call, although it took another 2 days to receive the actual (credit) cards - but she had communicated the time period to me.

So far, every query has been resolved without me having to resort to a physical visit to their premises.

I’ve had problems with:

Credit cards

Hospital Claims

Garmin device

Shoe Booster (first pair)

Apple Watch

Medical Aid claims

Insurance queries

Good luck - be nice but firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried to activate the shoe booster recently ?

This has been down for sometime now, with the only advice from Discovery being :

Please be advised that in the interim we received communication from our systems team stating that this is a known issue. 

We are aware that Members using an iOS device will be unable to activate the Shoe Booster benefit due to a technical issue. The issue occurs when members are trying to make payment via the "Pay now" option on the Discovery app. As a work around members could try logging out and back into the app but proceed to make immediate payment for the Shoe Booster benefit.

Please bear with us at this time until further notice, please visit the Discovery website and check the Vitality help page for updates on this issue.

As a work around members could try logging out and back into the app but proceed to make immediate payment for the Shoe Booster benefit.  :blush: this is the part I have been unable to figure out #challenged

Anyone been successful ?

Just had last watch payment cycle come off, only paid R1000 (Inc once off at start - then when was in mauritius) 

Now, my wife would prefer a more girly less geek-e watch. Thinking just getting the apple watch 3 then selling it for a vivomove, any ideas? Will ask on garmin thread as well.

Has anyone tried to activate the shoe booster recently ?

This has been down for sometime now, with the only advice from Discovery being :

Please be advised that in the interim we received communication from our systems team stating that this is a known issue. 

We are aware that Members using an iOS device will be unable to activate the Shoe Booster benefit due to a technical issue. The issue occurs when members are trying to make payment via the "Pay now" option on the Discovery app. As a work around members could try logging out and back into the app but proceed to make immediate payment for the Shoe Booster benefit.

Please bear with us at this time until further notice, please visit the Discovery website and check the Vitality help page for updates on this issue.

As a work around members could try logging out and back into the app but proceed to make immediate payment for the Shoe Booster benefit.  :blush: this is the part I have been unable to figure out #challenged

Anyone been successful ?

Just activated it without any issue. However, I've been a member of Team Vitality since the start of the year so no initiation fee was applicable. Have you tried maybe becoming a Team Vitality member (and pay the membership fee), and then activating the shoe booster? (It works out the same)  

Just activated it without any issue. However, I've been a member of Team Vitality since the start of the year so no initiation fee was applicable. Have you tried maybe becoming a Team Vitality member (and pay the membership fee), and then activating the shoe booster? (It works out the same)  

Thanks Craai, I have personally activated mine in November 2017. I'm trying to activate for the Mrs, and yes she has her own profile etc.

I will try your approach as give it a go  :thumbup:

Thanks Craai, I have personally activated mine in November 2017. I'm trying to activate for the Mrs, and yes she has her own profile etc.

I will try your approach as give it a go  :thumbup:

Error500  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

GO FIGURE

Like that they added all rewards to one page, i.e. Vitality and Insure - makes for easier tracking. Yes, I know... 1st world problems.

bc392c3b61adc377b6091d9bc4fc8ef1.png

Edited by Frosty

post-33815-0-11884900-1530277079_thumb.jpg

I really will appreciate some advice, or even if I could get to speak to a representative of Discovery Vitality that would be great.

I am aware that the success rate of challenging the rules or T&C's of Discovery are like 0%, but I can't stomach that this business, is so pro 'excercize and get out & be healthy' yet at the same time it seems they care less than even Virgin Active about their clientele.

All communication (which is extremely tedious) has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. 

So this is where I will be open to any advice, or options or even if I'm just told to suck it up and move on. 

Some two months ago already, my daughter was SOLD a pair of running shoes a size to big by an eager salesman at Sportsman’s Warehouse, and she promptly returned the pair of shoes within 24hrs for a replacement. As would be the case, the correct size was NOT IN stock and had to be ordered from the Cape Town Branch. All the while, we were at no stage whatsoever informed that any of this would be in breach of the T&C’s with Discovery. In fact, the staff reassured us that all would be in order.

In good faith, we were prepared for the correct size shoes to come from Cape Town. Upon following up some 2 or 3 days later, we were surprised to be informed in person at SW that the order from CT had unfortunately not been placed and it was an oversight on the staff at SW. The shoes did then in fact arrive a week later, and the transactions were done by staff at SW.

Again, at no stage whatsoever were we informed of any breach on the rules. (refer to the ruling from Discovery)

To this effect, I ask the following ::

• The activation of the R350 is not refundable under the rules so is just pocketed by Discovery Vitality  :thumbdown: 
• They will have preferred in this instance that my daughter risk injury by training in the wrong size shoes ?
• Is the onus not on the staff of the nominated service providers to be well versed with the rules and terms of the Discovery T&C’S and not reassure the public that all will be in order ?

Do I just let it go ?

Curbie

I really will appreciate some advice, or even if I could get to speak to a representative of Discovery Vitality that would be great.

i Cut out the rest

Do I just let it go ?

Curbie

Who is Lerato? A consultant, or senior manager?

I’ve given advice before, and it’s up to you to follow through or give up.

If it was me, I’d ask for Lerato’s manager, therafter starting at the top. Worst case, I’d drive to their offices and make an effort to speak to the right person. Be the bull terrier that Lerato doesn’t want to confront.

attachicon.gifIMG-20180629-WA0009.jpg

I am aware that the success rate of challenging the rules or T&C's of Discovery are like 0%, but I can't stomach that this business, is so pro 'excercize and get out & be healthy' yet at the same time it seems they care less than even Virgin Active about their clientele.

All communication (which is extremely tedious) has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. 

So this is where I will be open to any advice, or options or even if I'm just told to suck it up and move on. 

Some two months ago already, my daughter was SOLD a pair of running shoes a size to big by an eager salesman at Sportsman’s Warehouse, and she promptly returned the pair of shoes within 24hrs for a replacement. As would be the case, the correct size was NOT IN stock and had to be ordered from the Cape Town Branch. All the while, we were at no stage whatsoever informed that any of this would be in breach of the T&C’s with Discovery. In fact, the staff reassured us that all would be in order.

In good faith, we were prepared for the correct size shoes to come from Cape Town. Upon following up some 2 or 3 days later, we were surprised to be informed in person at SW that the order from CT had unfortunately not been placed and it was an oversight on the staff at SW. The shoes did then in fact arrive a week later, and the transactions were done by staff at SW.

Again, at no stage whatsoever were we informed of any breach on the rules. (refer to the ruling from Discovery)

To this effect, I ask the following ::

• The activation of the R350 is not refundable under the rules so is just pocketed by Discovery Vitality  :thumbdown: 

• They will have preferred in this instance that my daughter risk injury by training in the wrong size shoes ?

• Is the onus not on the staff of the nominated service providers to be well versed with the rules and terms of the Discovery T&C’S and not reassure the public that all will be in order ?

Do I just let it go ?

Curbie

I know all about your frustration. My wife bought a Garmin forerunner at Totalsports earlier this year. Acidently paid with with a non discovery card, realised her mistake, cancelled, and paid with Discovery card. The healthy gear card was swiped on each occasion. Now according to vitality this transaction never took place. I eventually gave up after 5 attempts trying to explain.

post-36242-0-33857400-1530287077_thumb.png

I know all about your frustration. My wife bought a Garmin forerunner at Totalsports earlier this year. Acidently paid with with a non discovery card, realised her mistake, cancelled, and paid with Discovery card. The healthy gear card was swiped on each occasion. Now according to vitality this transaction never took place. I eventually gave up after 5 attempts trying to explain.

Just a note, I guess more for everyone else, you do not need to use a discovery credit to pay for any of the benefits.

Error500 :cursing: :thumbdown:

GO FIGURE

Ugh, I feel your pain, I’ve been trying to register my wife on Vitality baby for the last month with the same issues you’re experiencing. Query logged, no feedback after two weeks. Have to phone again on Monday (by coincidence -or not- also Lerato). Really grinds me to constantly follow up with people

Does it show your Healthy Gear card number on the receipt?

41654fef9c8cd5af9419106b7063b0d4.jpg

Ugh, I feel your pain, I’ve been trying to register my wife on Vitality baby for the last month with the same issues you’re experiencing. Query logged, no feedback after two weeks. Have to phone again on Monday (by coincidence -or not- also Lerato). Really grinds me to constantly follow up with people

Grinds me too, but by giving in they win. Might be that my job involves continual following up with suppliers/customers, which means I have no problem escalating (tome and effort wise).

Just been to SW as it's yellow ticket SALE and got to speak to the Manager ... guess what

let's just say - it will be sorted tomorrow  :thumbup:  there are ways to also do the 'F 'Em 

Grinds me too, but by giving in they win. Might be that my job involves continual following up with suppliers/customers, which means I have no problem escalating (tome and effort wise).

Edited by Curbie

Does it show your Healthy Gear card number on the receipt?41654fef9c8cd5af9419106b7063b0d4.jpg

Yes it does.