Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So I need 90k points by the end of the year. Me, Missus and son . Please help.

you'll have to do all the different assessment available, go to the gym often with a HR monitor to get the 300 points instead of just the 100, and then do an event most week ends to get extra points

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need 9700 point to get to gold this year so should be all good.

Discovery seem to be having major problems with active rewards at the moment. The last few weeks I've selected the reward I was but I can't view the actual rewards with the code/barcode to scan at the vendor. Discovery haven't been able to help me. Each time they have to sms the voucher code. Still haven't actually trying to use one of the code at the shop as I almost know that the shop teller probably won't know what to do with it.

I have had the same problem and can confirm the sms'd or emailed codes work just fine. The shop tellers I've used know how to enter the wicode manually.

I've also had to email Discovery every week for the past few weeks to load my active points - they've had a sytem problem where the workouts go through to them but the points weren't pulling through to my profile. I think it's finally fixed this week. But now my profile isn't letting me view my rewards. Frustrating. Have logged another query with them.

My missus has been ill and pregnant for most of the year, so I have given up on trying to keep diamond status this year, it is basically impossible if one of the adults don't do a fair amount of work in getting points. Previous years we could get there with my efforts but this year is very difficult.

If i'm not mistaken, if your wife is pregnant then she would automatically get 3 x times her normal points. So for 5000 steps a day she would get 150. This should help you getting to your goal.

Hope your missus gets well soon!

You'll have to get the wife active as well, and depending how old the kid is, you might get some points from his/her activities as well.

Once you've done all the assessments / health checks, then events like parkrun / Myrun are easy 300 points each.  Make it a social outing....

Do cycle races that are more than 50 k's to get 600 points.

Do everything that everybody has already suggested and do it soon. We were in a similar position a few years ago and I vowed to not let it happen again. Too stressful. For the past few years we have booked our assessments for the first three months of the year. Then aim for your weekly targets and everything falls into place comfortably.

From next year our target climbs to 120k as my son is now 18. He is getting a HR device for Christmas....

My missus has been ill and pregnant for most of the year, so I have given up on trying to keep diamond status this year, it is basically impossible if one of the adults don't do a fair amount of work in getting points. Previous years we could get there with my efforts but this year is very difficult.

Don't give up! If you let it slip this year then you have to wait three years to achieve diamond again.... If you have integrated all the products and are using the diamond status for the insurance and life benefits etc and not just for the free smoothies and apple watch, then the loss is quite big if you let it slip.

It's only September so you still got 4 months  :thumbup:

Don't give up! If you let it slip this year then you have to wait three years to achieve diamond again.... If you have integrated all the products and are using the diamond status for the insurance and life benefits etc and not just for the free smoothies and apple watch, then the loss is quite big if you let it slip.

It's only September so you still got 4 months :thumbup:

Insurance and Life cover not with them, so not that big a loss. Discovery Card has not given me great miles recently, so thinking about moving to FNB anyways with ebucks.

We don't do Gym.

So the only loss would be kulula flights at max discount, but with flight booster I can make up the shortfall with more weeks making the target.

I am even thinking about canceling Vitality completely as that would give me a R4000 yearly savings from the get go. Enough to cover a significant portion of our flights down to George once a year.

It's only September so you still got 4 months :thumbup:

Staying at Diamond is key if you have other products or rewards/benefits active - which reading your reply, you don’t have.

There are more than 100 days left in the year, so more than enough time to get to gold.

Insurance and Life cover not with them, so not that big a loss. Discovery Card has not given me great miles recently, so thinking about moving to FNB anyways with ebucks.

We don't do Gym.

So the only loss would be kulula flights at max discount, but with flight booster I can make up the shortfall with more weeks making the target.

I am even thinking about canceling Vitality completely as that would give me a R4000 yearly savings from the get go. Enough to cover a significant portion of our flights down to George once a year.

The flight booster, in it’s current format, is falling away.

Staying at Diamond is key if you have other products or rewards/benefits active - which reading your reply, you don’t have.

There are more than 100 days left in the year, so more than enough time to get to gold.

The flight booster, in it’s current format, is falling away.

NOOOOOO!

post-27827-0-20005100-1536066834.gif

Hi, I put in the first 6 digits of the card for both tickets.  The second time round it worked.  Thereafter got the OTP as normal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, worked and tickets bought  :thumbup:

NOOOOOO!

What is this??? Is it not 'Travel Booster' that is falling away? This is a different feature to Fight Booster.

I just boosted a flight yesterday for December.

Edited by Christofison

Fitness assessment, screening checks incl non smokers declaration, 50 "active days" at 300 points per activity. That's the wasy stuff.

Rest would be glaucoma check, dental checkup, kids vitality health assessment, questionnaires, pap smear and so on. Do the assessment & screening checks now, so you know how many active days you need to do to get the rest.

Me - I still need 38,000 points. Haven't done ANYTHING this year. Been slack AF, but picking it up now.

Myles, do you have any insider info on what is to come for Active Rewards? I was quite enjoying my R100 Nandos voucher every third week.

"Discovery Vitality reminder: Surprise reward spins have now ended. Keep an eye on your inbox for the exciting NEW version of Vitality Active Rewards. Auth FSP."

NOOOOOO!

What is this??? Is it not 'Travel Booster' that is falling away? This is a different feature to Fight Booster.

I just boosted a flight yesterday for December.

Sorry, you’re right - it’s travel booster. For some reason, when I saw the mail I thought flight booster.

post-1372-0-47644100-1536092192_thumb.png

Edited by Frosty

Sorry, you’re right - it’s travel booster. For some reason, when I saw the mail I thought flight booster.

attachicon.gifAD461798-380C-4B80-8F1F-63AB66F25BCC.png

So just to be clear, Travel Booster is the extra 15% you could get off flights when paying with a Discovery credit card? You can still get up to 35% off the base fare and you can still activate Flight Booster to get extra cash back for achieving your activity goals before your flight?

Edited by ridr

Myles, do you have any insider info on what is to come for Active Rewards? I was quite enjoying my R100 Nandos voucher every third week.

"Discovery Vitality reminder: Surprise reward spins have now ended. Keep an eye on your inbox for the exciting NEW version of Vitality Active Rewards. Auth FSP."

:w00t:

That's a good one. They don't even tell their BC's (Broker Consultants) until the day of the launch, at the same time as we get the info. 

Launch should be soon. Momentum have just notified us of their function. 

So just to be clear, Travel Booster is the extra 15% you could get off flights when paying with a Discovery credit card? You can still get up to 35% off the base fare and you can still activate Flight Booster to get extra cash back for achieving your activity goals before your flight?

TBH, I don’t actually know. When I read the mail, knowing surprise rewards were falling away, I didn’t pay much attention to it.

So I guess that the 15% will fall away and be replaced by the new benefit with Discovery Bank. The 35% discount is still there - I checked today.