Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I recently tested the "new" option on offer from Discovery Insure where you get to pay for a portion of your tyre purchase from TWT with the funds from your Excess Funder Account based on your drive status and it works very well!! New tyres for the Frontier and my trailer. My portion after my Vitality discount and the Drive Status discount came to a little over R1500. Thanks Discovery!!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to SW as it's yellow ticket SALE and got to speak to the Manager ... guess what

let's just say - it will be sorted tomorrow  :thumbup:  there are ways to also do the 'F 'Em

And....was it sorted?

From Wednesday, 29 August 2018, we will be getting ready to move across to our new Vitality Active Rewards platform. This means that surprise rewards will no longer be accessible. If you are on a goal streak prior to this and complete this streak before 29 August, you will still have the opportunity to have one last spin to win. You will have two weeks to spin and choose your reward after you’ve achieved your goal streak.

With these new exciting changes coming soon you will in future only be able to view and select your Active Rewards on your Discovery app and not on the Discovery website. To enable these changes, new versions of the Discovery and Discovery Insure apps will be available soon with enhanced features. We’ll send you updates via the apps when they are ready so you don’t miss out.

You’ll be the first to know about our other exciting news in the coming months. Keep a look out for our mails for more information.

Anyone else having trouble with Discovery Vitality/Garmin?

I have two activities from the weekend which are not reflecting, despite both showing up in Connect and Strava. 

Suggestions?

Anyone else having trouble with Discovery Vitality/Garmin?

I have two activities from the weekend which are not reflecting, despite both showing up in Connect and Strava.

Suggestions?

Mine have all gone through, could be a delay, could be you need to reconnect. Check the points screen to see if the activities have come through but rejected.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

I checked that, they haven't come through at all. Weird.

Mine have all gone through, could be a delay, could be you need to reconnect. Check the points screen to see if the activities have come through but rejected.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Need some guidance.

I have shoe booster, on month 3 or 4 of my second second pair.

Made my goal 88 weeks in a row now, so not really worried that il miss a week.

I have 15% cash back at sportmans,

Question 1. How to i get to 25% do i have to go pay 450 for a disco fitness test?

Question 2. If i cancel the shoe booster to activate another booster will i just loose what was left if my shoe booster or will they claw back what they have refunded me

Question 3. Looking at getting the fenix 5 plus titanium at 14000k what will i get paid back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 yes

2 just loose, and pay another R300 activation fee.

3 1k at end of first month 2k spread over 2 years, 3k in total.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Edited by Reme Le Hane

Need some guidance.

I have shoe booster, on month 3 or 4 of my second second pair.

Made my goal 88 weeks in a row now, so not really worried that il miss a week.

I have 15% cash back at sportmans,

Question 1. How to i get to 25% do i have to go pay 450 for a disco fitness test?

Question 2. If i cancel the shoe booster to activate another booster will i just loose what was left if my shoe booster or will they claw back what they have refunded me

Question 3. Looking at getting the fenix 5 plus titanium at 14000k what will i get paid back?

Are you single or do you have adult dependents on your policy?

If single, then Q1 is a yes.

If one/adult dependent the everyone has to do the fitness test to get the 25%.

Are you single or do you have adult dependents on your policy?

One depend, my wife.

If single, then Q1 is a yes.

If one/adult dependent the everyone has to do the fitness test to get the 25%.

Ag tog!

From Wednesday, 29 August 2018, we will be getting ready to move across to our new Vitality Active Rewards platform. This means that surprise rewards will no longer be accessible. If you are on a goal streak prior to this and complete this streak before 29 August, you will still have the opportunity to have one last spin to win. You will have two weeks to spin and choose your reward after you’ve achieved your goal streak.

With these new exciting changes coming soon you will in future only be able to view and select your Active Rewards on your Discovery app and not on the Discovery website. To enable these changes, new versions of the Discovery and Discovery Insure apps will be available soon with enhanced features. We’ll send you updates via the apps when they are ready so you don’t miss out.

You’ll be the first to know about our other exciting news in the coming months. Keep a look out for our mails for more information.

Ai tog,ok,so whats new,whats changing on Vitality?

Went for my VHC today, and found out that I am:

* 3cm taller;

* 2cm slimmer around the waist;

* exercising for 30 mins per day for 7 days, and that equals up to 90 mins per week;

* still above the threshold for cholesterol (7.8 on the basic machine and 5.8 on the more advanced unit);

* still HIV negative (am I allowed to disclose that?);

* as grumpy as hell when I don’t eat breakfast;

* still a non-smoker.

I don’t remember getting 25k points in prior years - not that I’m complaining.

Went for my VHC today, and found out that I am:

* 3cm taller;

* 2cm slimmer around the waist;

* exercising for 30 mins per day for 7 days, and that equals up to 90 mins per week;

* still above the threshold for cholesterol (7.8 on the basic machine and 5.8 on the more advanced unit);

* still HIV negative (am I allowed to disclose that?);

* as grumpy as hell when I don’t eat breakfast;

* still a non-smoker.

I don’t remember getting 25k points in prior years - not that I’m complaining.

a) Is it because the room was warmer and you had less "shrinkage"?

b) I'm no John Nash but I'm pretty sure it might be slightly more than 90min/week 

a) Is it because the room was warmer and you had less "shrinkage"?

b) I'm no John Nash but I'm pretty sure it might be slightly more than 90min/week

In reality, b) varies between 6.5 - 8.5 hours per week, and Discovery should know that based on my Garmin data... however, when asked today, I said I exercise every day for 30 mins. The results in the email only shows 90 mins.

I've now received 14 SMS's since 14h36 this afternoon congratulating me on achieving my goal. Unfortunately I didn't receive 14 smoothies.

From Wednesday, 29 August 2018, we will be getting ready to move across to our new Vitality Active Rewards platform. This means that surprise rewards will no longer be accessible. If you are on a goal streak prior to this and complete this streak before 29 August, you will still have the opportunity to have one last spin to win. You will have two weeks to spin and choose your reward after you’ve achieved your goal streak.

translation from spin to English:

We used to give you a team reward every week, when your mates also met their goals, but we naai’d you outta that, and sold it on the basis that you could spin for a “surprise” reward every three weeks instead. It worked and you all fell for it, and you’ve all been merrily spinning and been getting the same flippin smoothie, but we saved on 2 outta 3. But, now we’re gonna **** you out of that too. But ooooh its just sooooo exciting.