Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I'm not sure if it ever was. I'm trying to get strava to sync because movescount happily syncs to strava but damned if I can get it right.

It did when I first got my Suunto because it was a mission to set-up (had to have same login email as discovery etc..)

I do sync Movescount to Strava but I have used:

Movescount->MapMyFitness->Discovery

instead because I swim and MapMyFitness picks up My indoor swims unlike Strava

Maybe try that?

Edited by mtbgirlz

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a R2960 discovery integrator pay back paid to me yesterday from discovery, I have no idea how I got it, but I am not going to complain.

Think the integrator payback is linked to a life plan?  

Think the integrator payback is linked to a life plan?  

Could be, the tannie that does my insurance is not too clued up, she says that almost none of her other clients are off bronze yet. I tried asking her she said she will get back to me,.....

She was very sweet and very fast. I feel too bad to change.

Edited by Pure Savage

I wonder what the percentage is that never participate and get off bronze?... and of course miss out on the benefits.

My mate got to gold last year from me pushing him to do this and do that and link this and link that (aka this thread).  He is a cyclist but had never bothered.  He now pushing his wife to log everything and get to gold... as he now sees the benefits especially if the 2 of them are on gold.

It would be interesting to see the stats of the vitality health members and what percentages reach each category

Could be, the tannie that does my insurance is not too clued up, she says that almost none of her other clients are off bronze yet. I tried asking her she said she will get back to me,.....

It is linked to medical aid / life insurance / income protect - not sure about short term.

I had all three with discovery at one stage, and received a R20K payment after 5 year. Changed employer, so now have group life and closed medical scheme (both very good)

I wonder what the percentage is that never participate and get off bronze?... and of course miss out on the benefits.

My mate got to gold last year from me pushing him to do this and do that and link this and link that (aka this thread).  He is a cyclist but had never bothered.  He now pushing his wife to log everything and get to gold... as he now sees the benefits especially if the 2 of them are on gold.

It would be interesting to see the stats of the vitality health members and what percentages reach each category

I think you will be pleasantly surprised to know that there are a large number of people constantly improving their Vitality status from Blue to Bronze, Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold and ultimately Diamond. 

At the end of the day, the majority are on Blue status, just like the majority stay at home on a weekend instead of hitting a trail.

Glad to see people realizing the value of Vitality and earning Paybacks and the like :thumbup:

Ps. I may or not be employed by this company :ph34r:

Edited by Juddvdb

I think you will be pleasantly surprised to know that there are a large number of people constantly improving their Vitality status from Blue to Bronze, Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold and ultimately Diamond. 

At the end of the day, the majority are on Blue status, just like the majority stay at home on a weekend instead of hitting a trail.

Glad to see people realizing the value of Vitality and earning Paybacks and the like :thumbup:

Ps. I may or not be employed by this company :ph34r:

Tell them to fix their website / server capacity - eish it's bad! 

Well that's if you work there of course  :thumbup:

I got a R2960 discovery integrator pay back paid to me yesterday from discovery, I have no idea how I got it, but I am not going to complain.

You got a life policy? If so, then that. You get a percentage of your premiums back every year /5 years depending on your status and your health claims if you're on disco health as well 

I'm here... Just saying. 

That data was released in a rather in-depth study around 4 or 5 years ago, when I was still employed by Disco. The Blue members were in the region of 80% of the entire Vitality book. 

It's improved since then, with more attention and emphasis being placed on the paybacks and such, but the majority are still on Blue status. As Judd says though, this Vitality Active Rewards was designed specifically to get more people on to the upper reaches of Vitality. 

I know that in our book, 95% of our clients are on Gold, and those that aren't there aren't due to lack of trying... 

It is linked to medical aid / life insurance / income protect - not sure about short term.

I had all three with discovery at one stage, and received a R20K payment after 5 year. Changed employer, so now have group life and closed medical scheme (both very good)

You don't get a payback on your Short Term policy, but your Annual Payback benefit can be increased to a higher minimum level if you have a Discovery Insure policy with Vitality Drive. 

I have been a Vitality member since 2008, moving to Bronze normally by October or so....

Now started looking at it actively, and here is the result, with only 8 days down for the year. Will get to Gold by Tuesday if all goes well!

post-56935-0-91137700-1452256568_thumb.jpg

Tell them to fix their website / server capacity - eish it's bad! 

Well that's if you work there of course  :thumbup:

Trust me, I am just as frustrated! Guess our IT guys were not expecting such traffic. However, I can assure you that they are busy fixing it. As a result, there will probably be a backlog of queries. :thumbup:

I work for a franchise (aka Discovery Consulting Services) as a Business Consultant.

Trust me, I am just as frustrated! Guess our IT guys were not expecting such traffic. However, I can assure you that they are busy fixing it. As a result, there will probably be a backlog of queries. :thumbup:

I work for a franchise (aka Discovery Consulting Services) as a Business Consultant.

Used to as well. Worked with Lindsay Hill... You should know her :)

And it happens every.single.time. Budget for minimum expected increase in infrastructure. Damage control when expectations were radically under-projected. Just like Paradigm (aka Paralysed)

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Used to as well. Worked with Lindsay Hill... You should know her :)

And it happens every.single.time. Budget for minimum expected increase in infrastructure. Damage control when expectations were radically under-projected. Just like Paradigm (aka Paralysed)

Hahahahahaha @ Paradigm joke.... :clap:

Know her name very well. Work for another franchise however.