Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an absolutely farce! Gauteng Cycling are a disgrace to the sport.

Totally agree, if that is the case I want my money back.

Stupid cows!! Changed a lot of plans to be here for the champs, and NOW they tell us.

And I pay money to these imbeciles!!!

That's BS if they want to postpone a event they should email you.

There's a lot they 'should' do.

Like organise a date for the event, well enough in advance that people can train towards said event. Then organise a route for said event, well enough in advance that potholes and other hazards can be addressed. Then inform competitors of the route, various distances and start time information, well enough in advance that said competitors feel less like they're being taken advantage of, (sans any lubrication) by their provincial/national body, and like the annual fees they pay actually benefit them in some way...

Way to go having the Provincial Champs *after* the SA Champs. Not that you actually have to do Gauteng champs to make the trip to KZN. Good thing I hadn't started moving my seat and bars on the TT bike.

Still, could be worse. TSA is holding the SA Duathlon champs (yes, the one where you get selected to represent TSA at World Duathlon champs) after Worlds......

There's a lot they 'should' do.

Like organise a date for the event, well enough in advance that people can train towards said event. Then organise a route for said event, well enough in advance that potholes and other hazards can be addressed. Then inform competitors of the route, various distances and start time information, well enough in advance that said competitors feel less like they're being taken advantage of, (sans any lubrication) by their provincial/national body, and like the annual fees they pay actually benefit them in some way...

People were invited (over Twitter) to go and recce the route for the Duathlon Champs in Spain in December 2015 and give feedback, for the event only happening in June 2016.

That's how you should do it....

Jeez are CGC and the ANC the same bunch of people? All bluddy useless.

If it is postponed till 12/13 March that's after SA Champs. Makes so much sense.

A week after Argus, hell of a thing you don't get your bike back in time!!! or you are down there for a week Oh well I guess it is a R300.00 donation!!!

Eish, is there a way to elect another managing committee??

yes, there is away, but sadly many don't know and I'd hazard a guess that many don't care about it either. Then, who is going to stand for the various positions and make the required changes happen.

According to the CTCT organiser's numbers about 9000 cyclists head down to CT in March and there are 19000 timed finishers in the 947. That makes it a lot of cyclists that can make a change happen - deduct a small number for those outside of GP but in neighbouring provinces.

Can they not "relocate" the champs?  Surely there are other roads that can be used around the area!

yes, there is away, but sadly many don't know and I'd hazard a guess that many don't care about it either. Then, who is going to stand for the various positions and make the required changes happen.

According to the CTCT organiser's numbers about 9000 cyclists head down to CT in March and there are 19000 timed finishers in the 947. That makes it a lot of cyclists that can make a change happen - deduct a small number for those outside of GP but in neighbouring provinces.

I know it's a pain, but these guys are a disgrace to the sport!

If they start calling around surely some "nice" traffic department in the Vaal will help.  Vanderbijlpark for one maybe?

Are the routes restricted to GP only, or can it, as an e.g., loop around FS or NW?

A week after Argus, hell of a thing you don't get your bike back in time!!! or you are down there for a week Oh well I guess it is a R300.00 donation!!!

they haven't delivered on an advertised service so in my books that equals a refund.

I will then decide if I accept their March date.

Can they not "relocate" the champs? Surely there are other roads that can be used around the area!

You still need permission to organise an event on public roads.

There was a message out on Facebook from Central Gauteng Cycling claiming that if a cyclist cannot attend the new dates then a refund will be made

Archived