Top SA mountain biker tests positive for EPO

Guest Lancesball

History and my cynical old age tell me that those who shout the loudest about being clean and testing and stuff must be treated with suspicion

Oh bloody hell, I'll have to go back and edit my posts to be a little more lukewarm before the testers start hunting me for blood and pee. ;)  :D

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

History and my cynical old age tell me that those who shout the loudest about being clean and testing and stuff must be treated with suspicion

Agreed

I am always underwhelmed when these reports come out.

Has it been explained why there appears to be a delay between when the rider was notified and when the positive was announced? Or have I read this wrong?

Guest Lancesball

Ok i'll bat for the poor guy

Coming 15th in a XCO WC race in Europe is pretty damn prestigious.... in fact just finishing on the same lap as Nino and crew is something to very excited  about....

Now (history lesson time) if you recall watching the race where RK did so well.... agh just see Milky's post from yesterday kindly quoted below (part of the SV Friday service)

:ph34r:   :thumbup:  

His 15th was all he had as he faded from coming from 40th to 5th. If he could of kept 5th he would of im sure of that?

Edited by Lancesball

Wondering about Travis Walker now.

How much did he know?

Round about August after Travis and Rourke spent some time in Europe, Travis did extremely well at a few big events there. Even beated Alban Lekata at a marathon to the podium. It was obvious!!Remember, athletes dont realy get tested in other countries. Your local governing body has to arange it.

Ketamine is also used to get high, gained popularity overseas a couple of years ago in the rave scene. Called Special K on the dance scene

And it's most often snorted, not injected.

And it's most often snorted, not injected.

Ketamine is a very useful drug, bit also a very dangerous one. It's use was actually popularized in times of war - good analgesia, cardiac safe and you could go quite high with the dosage without killing a guy. We generally used ketamine for kids when we wanted to manipulate a fracture before setting it.in cast (theyll say the odd funny thing but generally took it well)

I once tried it on an adult "lady" in Upington (intoxicated as well, my bad) to reduce her dislocated shoulder...

She became ballistic. She broke down the place. She was this small 60+ year old kalahari tannie but she got the power of an ox. Apart from hallucinations the had the distinct urge to use every single synonym for vagina and direct it at everyone's mothers...

It toom ages to wear off and I never tried that stuff again on an adult!

I once tried it on an adult "lady" in Upington (intoxicated as well, my bad) to reduce her dislocated shoulder...

She became ballistic. She broke down the place. She was this small 60+ year old kalahari tannie but she got the power of an ox. Apart from hallucinations the had the distinct urge to use every single synonym for vagina and direct it at everyone's mothers...

It toom ages to wear off and I never tried that stuff again on an adult!

Latent Blue, being from Upington, do not think it was the Ketamine,rather Rooi Prop a.k.a Kaalgat!

Has it been explained why there appears to be a delay between when the rider was notified and when the positive was announced? Or have I read this wrong?

From the SAIDS statement: The 2015 anti-doping rules only permit the public disclosure of the athlete’s name after the administrative period of confirmation and the opportunity to contest the charge has elapsed, hence the long period between the test result and the public disclosure.

The only way to get a doper to rat out the suppliers/assisting dr's/friends/fellow dopers, is for the said doper to gain something back. . .

For instance: impose an extended ban with criminal charges against the doper (he/she did gain monetary through corrupt and illegal actions). Then offer some form of reprieve against the sentence.

It just scratches me the wrong way that someone can benefit above others knowing that he/she/it isn't clean

#spelling

Edited by cjlieben

Round about August after Travis and Rourke spent some time in Europe, Travis did extremely well at a few big events there. Even beated Alban Lekata at a marathon to the podium. It was obvious!!Remember, athletes dont realy get tested in other countries. Your local governing body has to arange it.

Travis and Rourke came back from a hard racing block in Europe to race the SA XCO in Stellenbosch. They landed in the week and was racing on Saturday again with supposedly tired legs. Lo and behold they were fresh enough to keep away all but James Reid and Alan Hatherly in the process beating all the Scott/LCB guys and a bunch of others who were resting up to the event and was peaking.

One of the supporters commented that he found it strange that they were so strong and in the podium mix and he said that it is very suspicious.

Well apparently he was right...

Edited by PhilipV

Interesting reading twitter timelines of some pros. They all mention knowing the 'chemical brothers' and specifically one other known rider that is dirty. Yet no name....