Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

My fitness pal is much better to use these days, gave up on it more than a year ago and now using it for the last 3 weeks, helps me keep a straight line...

I prefer the old version, but started using it again today. Ate only fruit today, first day in like a month without a drink and no smoke. So far so good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so the nitty gritty.

The money needs to go into an account.

I have a spare Standard Bank savings account that I don't mind using, but it is up to the community if they would feel safe using this account. If not, please do come up with suggestions.

This should have started at the beginning of the year as I weighed in start of last week at 104,54kg`s and when I weighed this morning I was already down to 102,6kg`s....

Have fun folks and good luck to all that take part.

I am happy to use that account. Honestly R50 a month is free if it motivates me at least somewhat! Happy to also donate rather than win the pot.

I'll participate, but loosely. After my December binge I added 1kg to an already dik me. 1m76, currently 94kg. Did the BMI calculation on this site http://bmicalculator.cc/?gclid=CjwKEAiAws20BRCs-P-ssLbSlg4SJABbVcDpbYHdEUt5S4TbvqFrRQREuZMnpvY7DMbNbQzU6qum3BoCxJnw_wcB

THE VERDICT.

You are obese.To obtain a normal body weight, you must lose between 16.87 and 36.69 kilograms.

Even the low weight loss numbers I need to obtain to get into their recommend zone is crazy. If I did manage to loose 36kg. I'd look like I was suffering from a disease that cannot be cured with garlic and beetroot.

oh damn

:eek:

you are obese.

To obtain a normal body weight, you must lose between 24.70 and 46.37kilograms.

oh damn

:eek:

you are obese.

To obtain a normal body weight, you must lose between 24.70 and 46.37kilograms.

See, that's why BMI is such a **** measurement. In order to get to the "ideal" measurement, I need to lose 26kg. Which would make me 80kg. And that's just not cool.... 

who doesn't love animals ... Lets give the winnings to SPCA or one of the rehab or conservation teams for wildlife.

A few that come to mind: Cape Vultures[Vulpro], African Wild Dogs[EWT],

TEARS as well. They've been hit hard by the fires down here. Lots more animals going missing etc. 

This should have started at the beginning of the year as I weighed in start of last week at 104,54kg`s and when I weighed this morning I was already down to 102,6kg`s....

Have fun folks and good luck to all that take part.

I agree, on the 23rd of December I weighed 83kgs plus change, this morning I weighed in at 79.1kg.

I found that just the diet or just the cycling did nothing to help my weight, doing them together has worked wonders :) btw im 1,76m

See, that's why BMI is such a **** measurement. In order to get to the "ideal" measurement, I need to lose 26kg. Which would make me 80kg. And that's just not cool.... 

What is your height ?

Right, so the nitty gritty.

The money needs to go into an account.

I have a spare Standard Bank savings account that I don't mind using, but it is up to the community if they would feel safe using this account. If not, please do come up with suggestions.

U only have 144 posts - i don't trust you.

#kidding

If you make a run for it with the bucks it will give bikehub an entertaining thread for the next decade.

Im cool with it, but pretty sure there will be people not so cool.

If I can do it, you can all do it. This was me in September 2014, weighing at just over 105kg. I was the same size in February last year, took me around 9 months to lose just on 20kg. I believe you can lose that weight in less time than I did, it just took me 9 months to lose it. I have another 5kg I would like to lose though, to try get back to my original size/weight.

Haven't got a recent pic of me on the bike as I haven't entered any events yet this year.

post-33824-0-95971200-1452671920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Craig N