Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Trust me on this one...giving up smoking is the easy part...until you start putting on the weight...i have seen so many people start smoking again because of the weight gain...i wish you luck...12 years later i havent started smoking...but still battle with the weight issue...sometimes i think it might be easier just to start smoking again to loose the weight then give up again [emoji57]

stress from running a business just adds fuel to everything...i eat when i stress...wish it was the other way.

Edited by isetech

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me on this one...giving up smoking is the easy part...until you start putting on the weight...i have seen so many people start smoking again because of the weight gain...i wish you luck...12 years later i havent started smoking...but still battle with the weight issue...sometimes i think it might be easier just to start smoking again to loose the weight then give up again [emoji57]

stress from running a business just adds fuel to everything...i eat when i stress...wish it was the other way.

Thank you. I usually don't put on to much when I quit.

Trust me on this one...giving up smoking is the easy part...until you start putting on the weight..

That would explain my weight gain.  But think I will never return to the cancer sticks.  Having a battle with my brother that started smoking last year in France.

And the smoking thing does not fit in with the image of the company he is working for.

If you smoke in uniform you have a load of trouble and being seen smoking by the boss is a no no.

Guest notmyname

I'll participate, but loosely. After my December binge I added 1kg to an already dik me. 1m76, currently 94kg. Did the BMI calculation on this site http://bmicalculator.cc/?gclid=CjwKEAiAws20BRCs-P-ssLbSlg4SJABbVcDpbYHdEUt5S4TbvqFrRQREuZMnpvY7DMbNbQzU6qum3BoCxJnw_wcB

THE VERDICT.

You are obese.To obtain a normal body weight, you must lose between 16.87 and 36.69 kilograms.

Even the low weight loss numbers I need to obtain to get into their recommend zone is crazy. If I did manage to loose 36kg. I'd look like I was suffering from a disease that cannot be cured with garlic and beetroot.

I'll participate, but loosely. After my December binge I added 1kg to an already dik me. 1m76, currently 94kg. Did the BMI calculation on this site http://bmicalculator.cc/?gclid=CjwKEAiAws20BRCs-P-ssLbSlg4SJABbVcDpbYHdEUt5S4TbvqFrRQREuZMnpvY7DMbNbQzU6qum3BoCxJnw_wcB

THE VERDICT.

You are obese.To obtain a normal body weight, you must lose between 16.87 and 36.69 kilograms.

Even the low weight loss numbers I need to obtain to get into their recommend zone is crazy. If I did manage to loose 36kg. I'd look like I was suffering from a disease that cannot be cured with garlic and beetroot.

If i list the 30kg - 50kg recommended id looks sick - be sick.

Im in, even tho i voted for cake....... yum cake.

I entered exterra and ctct to start goals for the year. Running mainly to increase fitness/weightloss atm. 

1.92m Tall

Currently sitting on around 121.8kg

Ideal weight would be around 95 (based on looking great at 105)

Main diet changes will be cutting out bread as much as possible and no beer (I cheat once in a while)

After giving smoking many years ago i went from a size 36 - 44 (130 kg+)over a period of time ...

a personal trainer walking past my house one day...stopped and asked if he could help me (told me i was fat and needed help in polite manner) i laughed at him and went to virgin active and signed up...paid the entrance fee the whole nine yards...got to a point were i would walk in swipe the card and walk out ...just to keep the membership with discovery...it just didnt work out...

I decided to go find the personal trainer and paid him R800 to help me...he gave me an eating plan and 2 visits a week to do core exercises...he motivated me to stay focused i lost 10 kg that month...the eating was a high protein diet...i found that i would have no energy in the afternoon...

so after that month i changed to weighless and walked 5 km every morning ...i lost another 20 kg + over a period of 3 months...(total of 30 kg ) ...3 years later i stopped walking the 5 km...i went back to 130 kg size 44 with a deep breath to close the pants button.

Jan 2015...i decided to focus on loosing weight and cycling didnt change my diet just cycled my butt off...never lost 1 kg...feb i changed my eating plan and just continued cycling...the weight started dropping and the clothes got smaller... Lost a total 20 kg

Dec 2015 cycled more than i have ever...ate like a piggy and put on weight...

Now at 109 kg am fighting a loosing battle again...

It is easy to say just eat less and train more etc etc...unfortunately life happens.

You need to set a goal...pre pack your meals and dont cheat during the day.

Eating healthy and staying focused on loosing weight is the most difficult challenge i face...it is too easy and cheaper just to be fat.

Edited by isetech

You need to set a goal...pre pack your meals and dont cheat during the day.

Eating healthy and staying focused on loosing weight is the most difficult challenge i face...it is too easy and cheaper just to be fat.

That's what I've started doing, as of last week. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all made a week in advance. Well, breakfast is 3 scrambled eggs and a coffee. Lunch is a little bit of cottage cheese and some celery. Dinner is pre-made and portioned out, into little blikkies. 

Last night I had to fight the urge to make a pizza. Ended up just putting the blikkie into the microwave and 2 min later I had dinner. So much easier when the way to temptation involves an hour long process vs the 2 minutes of re-heating the pre-made stuff.

Good luck though, dude. We're all in this together. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Sweet! Who is going to do the bmi stuff? My bmi and healthy weight are worlds appart according to a dietician. Acc to bmi I should be around 79kg the doc reccons 95 is my healthy weight. I want to get to 92 currently at 102. Had my last 500g t-bone and some beers at spur. Tomorrow I quit smoking and detox my body. Was a ROUGH December.

The sheet will calculate BMI and percentage loss. You just need to update your weight

We should keep it simple and just track weight. I guess all participating will probably have a high bmi and fat percentage which is probably why we in this in the first place...

We need to track BMI percentage loss in order to keep it fair across all weight ranges

I am keen for a weight loss challenge. Nothing wrong with shedding some unwanted kg's.

Where do I sign up? 

I'm in... bombed out on the December challenge (who can diet in December! I did lose a kg I guess), but sitting at 94/95kgs - I should ideally be around 85kgs. So 10kgs it is.

Got quite a busy sporting year lined up, just need to bring the eating in line a bit more... think I will give myfitnesspal another bash - I've heard its a lot easier to use these days!

Let the games begin

I'm in... bombed out on the December challenge (who can diet in December! I did lose a kg I guess), but sitting at 94/95kgs - I should ideally be around 85kgs. So 10kgs it is.

Got quite a busy sporting year lined up, just need to bring the eating in line a bit more... think I will give myfitnesspal another bash - I've heard its a lot easier to use these days!

Let the games begin

My fitness pal is much better to use these days, gave up on it more than a year ago and now using it for the last 3 weeks, helps me keep a straight line...