Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

I am in.

In addition, does anyone know of a South African BMI calculator - one calibrated for heavy boned guys?

According to bmicalculator.cc  ; I should weigh somewhere between 58kg and 77kg - I am 1.77m in height.

After cycling across Malawi and northern Moz a few years ago and getting a heavy doze of malaria at the end of it, I weighed 68kg. You could see the individual bones in my legs, arms and shoulders. My hipbones stuck out. I made Chris Froome look obese. Yet according to this site, this is my ideal weight.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust my friends, but they are all thieving bastards on the golf course

Edited by Boerklong

If anyone is willing to assist with the document, please pm me your e-mail address 

What do you need help/assistance with?

Winner may nominate the charity.

I'm in to help a charity.

1.87m and sitting at 100odd kg. Have not weighed in for a while. Enjoy the last few days. Binge this weekend and then start crazy diet/riding Monday...

I am in.

In addition, does anyone know of a South African BMI calculator - one calibrated for heavy boned guys?

According to bmicalculator.cc  ; I should weigh somewhere between 58kg and 77kg - I am 1.77m in height.

After cycling across Malawi and northern Moz a few years ago and getting a heavy doze of malaria at the end of it, I weighed 68kg. You could see the individual bones in my legs, arms and shoulders. My hipbones stuck out. I made Chris Froome look obese. Yet according to this site, this is my ideal weight.

Big boned like this? 

post-32242-0-75672900-1452725027_thumb.jpg

Maybe have a prize for the winner and let him decide a charity who gets the money. Having a R3k+ prize pool will attract some dodgy customers. Just my 2c

Cycling related charity , if i am allowed to narrow it down. This is the bikehub afterall

Guest notmyname

I'm struggling with portion size. After pigging out for weeks on end these normal size portions don't seem to be enough. Any tips? Tricks? I'm sure this is a psychological roadblock in the road to weight loss.

I'm struggling with portion size. After pigging out for weeks on end these normal size portions don't seem to be enough. Any tips? Tricks? I'm sure this is a psychological roadblock in the road to weight loss.

more water... 

And yes, it is difficult. A square of cheese, or a small spoon of cottage cheese seems to do the trick for me. Something, without being too much. 

I find drinking a large glass of water 10 minutes before a meal curbs my appetite.

Another trick is to use a smaller plate (only one serving please)

Yep its mostly in the mind, it takes a few days of resisting the urge to eat larger than required portions and then you should become used to the smaller portion size...with less craving. Drinking more fluids (like water) before eating helps, also chew your food properly don't just taste and swallow... the more you chew your food the quicker your brain will think you have had enough.