Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

See, that's why BMI is such a **** measurement. In order to get to the "ideal" measurement, I need to lose 26kg. Which would make me 80kg. And that's just not cool.... 

Yah this thing calls for me to be between 64 and 85kg at 184cm tall - thats just insane... I see myself ideal at 90kg the lowest!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so the nitty gritty.

The money needs to go into an account.

I have a spare Standard Bank savings account that I don't mind using, but it is up to the community if they would feel safe using this account. If not, please do come up with suggestions.

Happy to go with this as long as there is some sort of a bank reconciliation published on the same shared document as the weights. Who entered, who paid, what's still due and how that reconciles to the bank balance.

Happy to go with this as long as there is some sort of a bank reconciliation published on the same shared document as the weights. Who entered, who paid, what's still due and how that reconciles to the bank balance.

No

All money will go into my private account and I will not share any of the info with hubbers.

The charity money will be paid via Western Union. 

On an unrelated note, anyone know where I can buy a Pyga with some cash I just happened upon?

Seriously though, I don't mind, but will need some assistance with the recons. 

I'm kind of keen in the tracking and comparing side of the competition

BUT

Adding an entry fee / prize /donation imo just makes for more work and complications, in reality how much will it really raise anyway? Not a deal breaker but just makes for more complications....

Photo of scale, pfft why? It can be faked anyway so does not prove anything. I like the ideal as per the other thread...its based on trust...but jaaa if you want to see pictures of my scale it can be done....

Not in it to win...not exactly massively overweight but its a good incentive to try loose a few cm's

i am also in for this..........(just a suggestion can't we share some recipes as well or start a new fred for recipes what work and what not) or if there is a fred please put the link on this one..........

and i am 105 kg and 185cm my first goal is 100kg and then maybe 98/97.

I am definitely in. Excellent idea. Partydave, can you give us some more detail on how we provide proof of weight on Monday?

I am definitely in. Excellent idea. Partydave, can you give us some more detail on how we provide proof of weight on Monday?

Following a previous post, it would be too easy to fake, so we'll work on golfing principles. Be honest, we trust you. Seeing as it's more of a fundraiser type event now, there's less incentive to cheat