Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

I put on weight by just looking at bread... my body doesn't do well with bread and pasta.

Same here. If you doing plenty cycling then you can have bread I suppose. I only cycle weekends and occasionally do a weekday trip.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Not in my case sadly .... bread my kryptonite :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely forgot that I promised to track my food on here, whoops

So, yesterday, I was aiming for 1400 calories as it was a non-training day.

I don't eat breakfast or lunch as it makes it easier to control my binge eating. I do however get all 3 meals in, I just eat them all after 5 p.m.

In order to hit my caloric goals, I had 1 cup of oats with a slice banana, and a fairly large dinner consisting of 2 potatoes worth of fries, 1 sweet potato sliced up and 2 tuna burgers.

If we were to break this down into a 3 meals you could eat the oats for breakfast, banana as mid morning snack, sweet potato and tuna salad for lunch and the tuna burger and fries as dinner. Not so little food at all

I know your weight! What on earth could you possibly want to lose more? You must be taking baths all the time because you wont get wet in a shower - all the drops will miss you! That photo you have there looks like a normal lunch to me...

I know your weight! What on earth could you possibly want to lose more? You must be taking baths all the time because you wont get wet in a shower - all the drops will miss you! That photo you have there looks like a normal lunch to me...

You stalker!

I've actually started trying to put on some weight now, eish. If you're eating clean, it's much harder than we believe it to be

have a cheat day, do something different to break the plateau.

The holidays are going to be a problem. My plan is to take a break from the bike after 947 and do more cross training and gym work for about 8 weeks, just hope I can stick to this.

Jip, dreading the holidays. I REALLY don't want to undo all the hard work...

Jip, dreading the holidays. I REALLY don't want to undo all the hard work...

Just keep riding! Take a break for a few days and then get back on the bike/back in the gym. Set a goal for a race early in 2017 and work towards that. It should keep you motivated.

Have been unwell for going on 4 weeks now and done very very little riding, in fact over a week of nothing , nada  :cursing:

However have kept strictly to my diet and have not put on a single gram .... in fact I've had some stomach problems the last few days and actually dropped a few  :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

I head home for a Festive  break next week, so here is a wrap up of my 2016 weight loss challenge.

My plan for 2016 was to reduce my weight to 80kg and the keep it between 80kg and 82kg.

I managed it eventually , but you will not believe how difficult it is to loose 5kg when your next birthday will be number 70, especially as since the start of November our security fellas have prevented me from going out on my bike due to a kidnap threat against Expats.

Despite a BMI now of around 23.8, and starting my day with 60 sit ups and 60 leg lifts, I still have a disgusting  wobbly boep.   So next year I will try for 76kg and then to keep it between 76kg to 78kg .

My Mountain bike (which is now Congolese- its been here almost 6 years) is going home with me and somewhere on a truck coming this way is a spinning bike for me.

post-63-0-01140400-1481528588_thumb.jpg

Seemed to have kept between 93-95 for most of the year, regardless of what I ate. Tried to be diligent on LCHF, but being a homebrewer and biltong-maker is pretty much fatal.

I then discovered proper LCHF and intermittent fasting, and have dropped 5kg in 6 weeks, and Strava times seem to be reporting that I'm still decent (for me) and improving, giving clue to power being OK and weight loss being helpful (duh)

On my regular 45min burn up Chappies I had my fastest time this year, and 3rd fastest ever. This happened on day #4 of a FULL fast with no food at all. just coffee with a bit of milk, no sugar, water and salt. Eventually cruised for 5 days. 

So 2016 has taught me about nutrition for myself.

I head home for a Festive  break next week, so here is a wrap up of my 2016 weight loss challenge.

My plan for 2016 was to reduce my weight to 80kg and the keep it between 80kg and 82kg.

I managed it eventually , but you will not believe how difficult it is to loose 5kg when your next birthday will be number 70, especially as since the start of November our security fellas have prevented me from going out on my bike due to a kidnap threat against Expats.

Despite a BMI now of around 23.8, and starting my day with 60 sit ups and 60 leg lifts, I still have a disgusting  wobbly boep.   So next year I will try for 76kg and then to keep it between 76kg to 78kg .

My Mountain bike (which is now Congolese- its been here almost 6 years) is going home with me and somewhere on a truck coming this way is a spinning bike for me.

Cycling alone won't help that, boet. Lifting and HIIT is the only way, together with meticulous dietary focus. 

Already gained 2kg from DC and the festive season hasn't even started. With Attakwas on the horizon I'll stop eating (and drinking) on 26 Dec for a while and maybe follow Spideys suggestion and double the effort for Rapha500.

Already gained 2kg from DC and the festive season hasn't even started. With Attakwas on the horizon I'll stop eating (and drinking) on 26 Dec for a while and maybe follow Spideys suggestion and double the effort for Rapha500.

:w00t:

I know the feeling, buddy. Was at 105kg a month ago, now at 106.5 again. Nothing but laziness and a wobble on the diet to thank for that. But getting back into it now. Roll on 95! 

Here comes the heavy ****. It's not gonna lift itself. 

Lost around 6kgs this year, was down as much 9kg's at my lowest, but some travelling and the usual end of year onslaught have pegged back some of those losses.

If I can lose another 5kg's next year I will be on my goal weight and happy as a pig in...

Challenge for the festive season is to find a substitute for beer - that will be a huge step in the right direction. Apparently there is a Whiskey out there with my name on it.

Well done everyone on your losses, big or small... it all ads up in the long term and just being smart about things is already a massive step in the right direction.

Enjoy the festive season, just not too much  :ph34r:

Fatty...

(you must weigh like 64kgs now! Shocking)

Fatty...

(you must weigh like 64kgs now! Shocking)

I'm big boned :ph34r: nowhere near 64kg.... I promise you

Archived